hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
tamada
udonmap.com

hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia

Post by tamada » June 4, 2022, 10:15 am

What's the quickest and safest dietary method getting one's blood sugar back in kilter without resorting to needles or medications? Is there some foodstuff that can quickly and/or easily be digested to aid restoration of normal function?

Asking for a friend.

Ta
tam

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia

Post by semperfiguy » June 4, 2022, 11:01 am

I am nearly 74 and was a heavy coffee drinker for many years. About 20 years ago I started having low blood sugar attacks around 9AM every morning which left me very confused, shaking and at the point of nearly passing out. I was getting up at 6AM and immediately drinking a few cups of coffee without eating breakfast. I finally connected the dots and realized that I was experiencing reactive hypoglycemia due to the affects of caffeine. Obviously, the way my body was metabolizing caffeine was changing as I aged, so I had to give up any form of caffeine. The hypoglycemia ceased immediately. On occasion I will have a half cup of coffee perhaps once every few weeks, but the hypoglycemia returns almost immediately. If this is one of your problems, then eliminate caffeine from your life for a few weeks and see if it improves. I am much happier without the constant highs and lows in my mood and energy levels due to the effects of caffeine.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 4, 2022, 11:19 am

semperfiguy wrote:
June 4, 2022, 11:01 am
I am nearly 74 and was a heavy coffee drinker for many years. About 20 years ago I started having low blood sugar attacks around 9AM every morning which left me very confused, shaking and at the point of nearly passing out. I was getting up at 6AM and immediately drinking a few cups of coffee without eating breakfast. I finally connected the dots and realized that I was experiencing reactive hypoglycemia due to the affects of caffeine. Obviously, the way my body was metabolizing caffeine was changing as I aged, so I had to give up any form of caffeine. The hypoglycemia ceased immediately. On occasion I will have a half cup of coffee perhaps once every few weeks, but the hypoglycemia returns almost immediately. If this is one of your problems, then eliminate caffeine from your life for a few weeks and see if it improves. I am much happier without the constant highs and lows in my mood and energy levels due to the effects of caffeine.
Good point made about how ageing metabolisms change and what was normal before becomes abnormal. My ex-fiancee was hypoglycemic which was pinned down after her falling asleep/passing out rapidly after a few mouthfuls of her favorite Dr Peppers after lunch. She used to skip breakfast so lunch was a larger, faster meal and maybe more of a hammer to the dodgy bits of her metabolism? On another dietary issue, my mate was diagnosed with an allergy to tomatoes when he was about 45 years old and after probably hundreds of trouble-free pizza eating episodes. Watch out for the changes and don't rule out anything.

It's not my blood sugar that's the issue here and FWIW, I moderated my morning caffeine intake to address blood pressure issues, since resolved.

Ta
tam
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 4, 2022, 11:55 am

tamada wrote:
June 4, 2022, 11:19 am
semperfiguy wrote:
Good point made about how ageing metabolisms change and what was normal before becomes abnormal. My ex-fiancee was hypoglycemic which was pinned down after her falling asleep/passing out rapidly after a few mouthfuls of her favorite Dr Peppers after lunch. She used to skip breakfast so lunch was a larger, faster meal and maybe more of a hammer to the dodgy bits of her metabolism? On another dietary issue, my mate was diagnosed with an allergy to tomatoes when he was about 45 years old and after probably hundreds of trouble-free pizza eating episodes. Watch out for the changes and don't rule out anything.

It's not my blood sugar that's the issue here and FWIW, I moderated my morning caffeine intake to address blood pressure issues, since resolved.

Ta
tam
https://youtu.be/n4hTBVFyyKs

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 4, 2022, 12:18 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
June 4, 2022, 11:55 am
tamada wrote:
June 4, 2022, 11:19 am
semperfiguy wrote:

Ta
tam
https://youtu.be/n4hTBVFyyKs
Thanks Alfie. I had a quick squiz for what's a handy protein snack that doesn't need any preparation and almonds seems to fit the bill. I have been taking almonds as part of my cholesterol control for a few years now. I have a small can of unsalted, unflavored ones in the truck for snacking on the fly.

I'm also interested in the following as an alternative to hot oatmeal in the morning.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/he ... ein-snacks

#28.-Overnight-oatmeal

Ta
tam
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 4, 2022, 12:33 pm

Here's a review of Eric Berg, the dodgy chiropractor in 49's link:

https://www.gripeo.com/dr-eric-berg/

And going for the smear, his son says Berg is a Scientologist. He does present information well.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 4, 2022, 1:04 pm

GT93 wrote:
June 4, 2022, 12:33 pm

And going for the smear, his son says Berg is a Scientologist. He does present information well.
Have you got anything on the topic?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 4, 2022, 2:00 pm

I guess you are either Pre diabetic or suffer from Diabetic 1 or 2.Maybe overwheight,eating "fastfood"to much and not exercising as much as you should Tam..i hope i'm wrong..But all the above need a seroius tackle,if you know what i mean.
All the above will in the long run be the most "dietary"food you need..I guess you mange to control the sugar??Anyway,there are so many things we could get away with when we were young,but not now.Our need to change with our body is essential,more care and attention to how what we eat and drink.So take your pick Tam but i think all of above need a closer look from you,and maybe together with your Doc.

Talking about Almonds,just order 1 kilo Almond Butter from Lazada..i mix that with my smoothie or intead of my usuall PB butter sandwich and banana in the morning.

Goodluck Tam.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 4, 2022, 2:23 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
June 4, 2022, 2:00 pm
I guess you are either Pre diabetic or suffer from Diabetic 1 or 2.Maybe overwheight,eating "fastfood"to much and not exercising as much as you should Tam..i hope i'm wrong..But all the above need a seroius tackle,if you know what i mean.
All the above will in the long run be the most "dietary"food you need..I guess you mange to control the sugar??Anyway,there are so many things we could get away with when we were young,but not now.Our need to change with our body is essential,more care and attention to how what we eat and drink.So take your pick Tam but i think all of above need a closer look from you,and maybe together with your Doc.

Talking about Almonds,just order 1 kilo Almond Butter from Lazada..i mix that with my smoothie or intead of my usuall PB butter sandwich and banana in the morning.

Goodluck Tam.
PS.In Big-C they have Humus from Black Swan..Aussie brand i belive..I'm in love of that Humus with Lemon and Garlic..on crispbread instead of butter,carrot dipped in Humus..and many more ways to eat it..try it Tam..DS

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 4, 2022, 4:16 pm

GT93 wrote:
June 4, 2022, 12:33 pm

Good afternoon Mr.GT !

Any opinions about this guy?

https://youtu.be/MrsMd_zGrek

Kind Regards //Alfie..:-)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 4, 2022, 7:38 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:

Goodluck Tam.
Sorry Dr Alfie but as I said in the OP, I'm asking for a friend. He gets irritated very easily, borderline irrational sometimes, especially in the mornings. I was wondering if it was a blood sugar thing but have no idea if it's dietary or otherwise.

Personally, since getting a grip on my general wellbeing last January, along with a 20% improvement in my blood pressure and losing 8 kg, I'm doing fine but there's always room for further improvement.

Ta
tam
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 5, 2022, 4:18 am

tamada wrote:
June 4, 2022, 7:38 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:

Goodluck Tam.
Sorry Dr Alfie but as I said in the OP, I'm asking for a friend. He gets irritated very easily, borderline irrational sometimes, especially in the mornings. I was wondering if it was a blood sugar thing but have no idea if it's dietary or otherwise.

Personally, since getting a grip on my general wellbeing last January, along with a 20% improvement in my blood pressure and losing 8 kg, I'm doing fine but there's always room for further improvement.

Ta
tam
God Morning Tam !

My misstake very sorry for that :oops: :oops:

But glad to hear YOU are getting to grips on your wellbeing :D Take care Tam..//Alfie..:-)

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 6, 2022, 4:49 pm

I'll look into Ekberg later but the more I look at Berg I think he's a fraud. He isn't appropriately qualified, he's a Scientologist, he doesn't give citations (heaps of people do in the nutrition space) and he gives advice against the consensus without citations. He also seems to just make things up. He makes statements that just can't be found in the scientific literature.

Take a look at this guy. He always has a mass of citations and clearly knows the literature. He's perhaps only a high B team presenter in the plant based nutrition space:

I currently think Berg is full of BS. A fraud. Some of Berg's advice is harmful to health.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 6, 2022, 5:11 pm

GT93 wrote:
June 6, 2022, 4:49 pm
I'll look into Ekberg later but the more I look at Berg I think he's a fraud. He isn't appropriately qualified, he's a Scientologist, he doesn't give citations (heaps of people do in the nutrition space) and he gives advice against the consensus without citations. He also seems to just make things up. He makes statements that just can't be found in the scientific literature.

Take a look at this guy. He always has a mass of citations and clearly knows the literature. He's perhaps only a high B team presenter in the plant based nutrition space:

I currently think Berg is full of BS. A fraud. Some of Berg's advice is harmful to health.
GT,God afternoon!

You might be right regarding Mr.Ekberg,what i do if i find what he says make "sence"to me or i find it interesting in general i go further to,like you,check things up..Have a look at this site.And to all of you that wants answers to your questions regarding different subjects and were Google is not enough..try
https://elicit.org/
if you want citations and more of really deep and god info.Please try it out GT and tell me what you think..thank you.

And whatever religion you like has little or nothing to do with your interests/"knowledge" you put out on any Forum,do you agree GT?

//Alfie..:-)

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 6, 2022, 5:26 pm

On religion "no". I don't mind for me if say my medical doctor is a Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, agnostic or atheist etc. But I wouldn't go near a Scientologist doctor. It's a dangerous cult. His son said Berg gives a lot of money to the Scientologists. That could be what's driving his poorly researched work. He's putting money first. I'm speculating.

I will look at your links but not immediately.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 6, 2022, 5:38 pm

GT93 wrote:
June 6, 2022, 5:26 pm
On religion "no". I don't mind for me if say my medical doctor is a Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, agnostic or atheist etc. But I wouldn't go near a Scientologist doctor. It's a dangerous cult. His son said Berg gives a lot of money to the Scientologists. That could be what's driving his poorly researched work. He's putting money first. I'm speculating.

I will look at your links but not immediately.
You're also threadfcuking.

Berg, his son, Scientology and your opinions have bugger all to do with the subject matter either.

Ta
tam
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 6, 2022, 5:47 pm

The quality of Berg's work is relevant if it's being presented here. I'm not saying it's incorrect on this topic but to treat it cautiously.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 6, 2022, 7:02 pm

GT93 wrote:
June 6, 2022, 5:47 pm
The quality of Berg's work is relevant if it's being presented here. I'm not saying it's incorrect on this topic but to treat it cautiously.
Are you done?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 7, 2022, 1:59 am

No, I'm coming back on Ekberg. The quality of his work and his reputation is relevant to the thread. If people are searching for health or nutrition advice on the internet they need to be careful.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 7, 2022, 7:28 am

GT93 wrote:
June 7, 2022, 1:59 am
No, I'm coming back on Ekberg. The quality of his work and his reputation is relevant to the thread. If people are searching for health or nutrition advice on the internet they need to be careful.
There's no talk on THIS THREAD about nutrition.

Have you watched the FIRST YouTube that Alfie linked?

It's a SIMPLE and FACTUAL explanation hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia with SAFE advice on controlling that which is the SUBJECT MATTER.

I don't care if Berg or is son or Scientology are all vvankers, there's no need for you to emulate them HERE. NONE WHATSOEVER!

Now take your hand off your cock and bugger off.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “Health & Beauty”