You want a Sausage,don't think so...

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

You want a Sausage,don't think so...

Post by DuiDui49 » February 6, 2022, 11:37 am

Police raid sausage factory after 9 children hospitalised..

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... spitalised

And how many more of these so called Food Factorys exits?

//Alfie..:-)

Earnest
udonmap.com

Re: You want a Sausage,don't think so...

Post by Earnest » February 6, 2022, 9:58 pm

A good heads up, bad form to give kids a dodgy banger. I myself buy mine from Tesco, Lidl or the farm shop near me Dad's place.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 6, 2022, 10:21 pm

I Love sausage... .preferably shaven
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » February 7, 2022, 8:35 am

so it's the nitrates. which they all have but i guess

they got the proportions wrong playing chemistry.
kids huffing like they'd taken grandads heart pills

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 7, 2022, 1:11 pm

Sausages, like cigarettes, are a group 1 carcinogen. If a sausage eater looked up what that meant, she'd probably think it's not as bad as the sentence at first suggests. Still, an optimally healthy diet is low in sausages.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 7, 2022, 1:45 pm

Any diet is also low in just about everything else that tastes good, and sky high on stuff that tastes horrible like salad and veggies

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 7, 2022, 1:49 pm

Sadly it does really show just how far down Food is on the list of Items and places listed for health Inspectors is, any local permanent or temporary market has its fair share of food vendors whose wares are at best questionable. AND we all know our Thai friends spend more time seeking medical help from Stomach problems caused by BAD FOOD .
Most Thai run restaurants kitchens as well would by most Western Health Inspectors be shut.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » February 7, 2022, 1:55 pm

that's really true. i used to think farangs just had
weak intestines, and then i realized many thais had almost chronic stomach probs
the things you mentioned, vegetables not washed
thoroughly, or even incapable of being cleaned
because of chemicals. maybe tesco is safer

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 7, 2022, 2:18 pm

Half the stomach problems have nothing to do with the food, or the way its cooked, its the bacteria on the plates/dishes and utensils they use ...... plastic, scratched to buggary, and then washed in COLD water........ holiday in paradise for germs

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 7, 2022, 2:41 pm

I'm not sure about that. Perhaps should add chopping boards to that list too.
stattointhailand wrote:
February 7, 2022, 1:45 pm
Any diet is also low in just about everything else that tastes good, and sky high on stuff that tastes horrible like salad and veggies
That's a surprising statement from someone living in Thailand. The Thais are terrific at making food full of flavour without loading it up with salt, sugar and saturated fat. Next time you're in Blighty you should go to a vegetarian or vegan restaurant and test your idea. I suggest Blighty because the food will be prepared with diners such as you in mind. They'll even have some vegan sausages. I think you'd be in for a big surprise. Meanwhile be careful:
The number one cause of death in the United States is the Standard American Diet.1 Many people assume that our manner of death is preprogrammed into our genes—high blood pressure by 55, a heart attack by 60, and maybe even cancer by 70, for instance. For most of our leading causes of death, however, the science shows that our genes often account for only 10 to 20 percent of the risk at most.2 Indeed, when people move from low-risk to high-risk countries, their disease rates almost always change to those of the new environment. New diet, new diseases. But, the reverse is also true. If we switch from eating the Standard American Diet to one that is higher in whole plant foods, such as fruits and vegetables, we may lower our risk.
https://nutritionfacts.org/healthkit/

I like to think living with a Thai partner usually improves a farang's dining experiences, nutrition and health.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 7, 2022, 2:56 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 7, 2022, 2:18 pm
Half the stomach problems have nothing to do with the food, or the way its cooked, its the bacteria on the plates/dishes and utensils they use ...... plastic, scratched to buggary, and then washed in COLD water........ holiday in paradise for germs
That's an interesting assessment. I'd be surprised to find a (any) restaurant in Udon that uses the 120F water that's standard for dishwashing in the US.....much less hot water of any sort.
My favorite noodle shop in town sanitizes their wooden chopsticks after washing.......by exposing them to sunlight to dry.
On occasion, when we're cleaning up from a greasy dish at home, we'll microwave up the small bowl of dishsoap suds we use for washing.......but then, we eat market beef/pork/chicken and unrefrigerated eggs.
On the rare occasion I eat in the Central foodcourt, I've caught myself dipping my utensils in the hot water (when available)........but happily go ahead and eat when the water isn't available.

msa
udonmap.com

Post by msa » February 7, 2022, 3:23 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 7, 2022, 2:18 pm
If you sent to kill gerns with hot water it has to be over 72C. In private household your dishwasher go to 65C. That why use of sulfur in dish soap is amuse.
So it’s more like all the scratches in the plates that are the problem. Drying in the sun is a good thing as UV light helps kill the germs.
Don’t worry about tomorrow. Today is terrifying enough.
I never forget a face, but in your case I can do an exception.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 7, 2022, 6:27 pm

A talking point, i remember a few years ago while at a Rotary meeting we had a talk by a Member of the Thai Exporters Assoc, they mentioned that nearly 80+ % of all Fresh Vegetakles sent for export were rejected because of Pollutants or Contaminates, but they did add that those same Vegetabl;ers wre NOT destroyed but sold in country, so the Government was happily sanctioning the sale of Food that would net pass the Health and Safety checks for export.

Although they have tries to minimise the user of Contaminates and Pollutants, I am sure judging by their lack of actions, they have failed , even more so to those farmers that only sell in the markets, their Food sources are probably not scrutinised.
So apart from Fresh vegetables which require a period of boiling , I prefer to buy Frozen and buy other stuff at Big C or Makro where their foodstuffs do undergo checks at their warehouses.

The Plastic Plate thing, well it might affect some but generally not that amount, more like the food has picked up bad bugs from sitting outside being engulfed with smoke and dirt and dust from vehicular traffic plus people coughing or spitting as they pass the stalls`.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 7, 2022, 6:48 pm

GT93 wrote:
February 7, 2022, 2:41 pm
I'm not sure about that. Perhaps should add chopping boards to that list too.
stattointhailand wrote:
February 7, 2022, 1:45 pm
That's a surprising statement from someone living in Thailand. The Thais are terrific at making food full of flavour without loading it up with salt, sugar and saturated fat. Next time you're in Blighty you should go to a vegetarian or vegan restaurant and test your idea. I suggest Blighty because the food will be prepared with diners such as you in mind. They'll even have some vegan sausages. I think you'd be in for a big surprise. Meanwhile be careful:
The number one cause of death in the United States is the Standard American Diet.1 Many people assume that our manner of death is preprogrammed into our genes—high blood pressure by 55, a heart attack by 60, and maybe even cancer by 70, for instance. For most of our leading causes of death, however, the science shows that our genes often account for only 10 to 20 percent of the risk at most.2 Indeed, when people move from low-risk to high-risk countries, their disease rates almost always change to those of the new environment. New diet, new diseases. But, the reverse is also true. If we switch from eating the Standard American Diet to one that is higher in whole plant foods, such as fruits and vegetables, we may lower our risk.
https://nutritionfacts.org/healthkit/

I like to think living with a Thai partner usually improves a farang's dining experiences, nutrition and health.
Apart from the fact that I have absolutely no intention or desire to EVER eat again in blighty Ill stick with my Thai diet which is "loaded up" with MSG, fish oil, buffalo blood, rotted fish and deep frying fat. The thought of a Vegan restaurant makes my stomach churn, and I suspect the surprise would come for anyone unfortunate to be within puking distance

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 7, 2022, 8:20 pm

Are you confessing that you have a particularly (or is that peculiarly) weak stomach, statts?

Return to “Health & Beauty”