Aspirin and heart attacks

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Aspirin and heart attacks

Post by tamada » October 14, 2021, 6:59 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
October 14, 2021, 5:07 pm
tamada wrote:
October 14, 2021, 4:37 pm
Hooked another grammer cop. Who woulda thunk it would be God's gift to UM, eh? Anyway, up yours.

Eternally over your head,
tam
You were the one playing grammar cop. Remember?
You're American. You're poor grammar and comprehension is a given.
That's also the place where you perfectly executed poor usage (you're/your). Apparently, it's way over your head, as is spelling. "grammer"? :lol:

Hope you have a wonderful day.
Seriously? Keep diging anyway. Here's hoping the penny will drop but im not counting on it .

Hang in there precious,
tam

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 14, 2021, 7:04 pm

AlexO wrote:
October 13, 2021, 12:30 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 13, 2021, 7:27 am
Twood be interesting to have a rough idea what percentage of regular UM members take baby 81 mg aspirin daily and their thoughts / feedback good or bad ??

DM
I do Jon, same age as Freezee and have same conditions due to being overweight and getting old. I take half the tab in the morning and half at night. Strangely Doctors who do agree with this, recommend taking the tablets at night as most heart attacks happen during the sleeping hours. Just as an aside, UK first aid recommendations for a heart attack victim is bang 300mg of aspirin into them just as soon as you can.
Interesting stat there Alex. Are those nocturnal events prevalent in the older and inactive? I recently read that most heart attacks are in the morning, after waking up and commuting and in the workplace. But maybe that's for those younger, at risk and still doing a 9 to 5?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 14, 2021, 9:12 pm

GT93 wrote:
October 14, 2021, 10:33 am

Aspirins. I believe we're supposed to be discussing Aspirins rather than the ghastly apostrophe.
Raises an interesting question, does it not ......... should people in glass houses throw Aspirin? :-k

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 15, 2021, 4:55 am

It seems that someone's ego has been wounded and bruised
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 15, 2021, 10:53 am

Taken from Harvard Medical School website :
For the time being, the science remains uncertain and experts don't agree on who should take aspirin to prevent a first heart attack or stroke. In Europe, for example, guidelines for cardiology do not recommend aspirin for primary prevention, citing an unfavorable ratio of risk to benefit. In the United States, the FDA has not approved any labeling for aspirin bottles regarding its use in preventing cardiovascular disease.

That may change in a few years, as results from new and better primary prevention trials are released. In the meantime, make sure you know where you stand on the scale of risk and benefit. And if you have prescribed yourself low-dose aspirin because of what you've read in the health press—seriously consider a chat with your doctor.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » October 15, 2021, 12:18 pm

tamada wrote:
October 14, 2021, 7:04 pm
AlexO wrote:
October 13, 2021, 12:30 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 13, 2021, 7:27 am
Twood be interesting to have a rough idea what percentage of regular UM members take baby 81 mg aspirin daily and their thoughts / feedback good or bad ??

DM
I do Jon, same age as Freezee and have same conditions due to being overweight and getting old. I take half the tab in the morning and half at night. Strangely Doctors who do agree with this, recommend taking the tablets at night as most heart attacks happen during the sleeping hours. Just as an aside, UK first aid recommendations for a heart attack victim is bang 300mg of aspirin into them just as soon as you can.
Interesting stat there Alex. Are those nocturnal events prevalent in the older and inactive? I recently read that most heart attacks are in the morning, after waking up and commuting and in the workplace. But maybe that's for those younger, at risk and still doing a 9 to 5?
Probably correct Tam,
Why should anyone who is still young and apparently healthy getting even the moderate exercise that is involved in commuting even bother taking a daily dose of aspirin. I think the nighttime taking is more aimed at the UFES type of person who need help to even pop the top of the next bottle of Chang.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » October 15, 2021, 3:52 pm

Aspirins and heart attacks seems too big an ask. grammer and heart attack's might be a very popula'r thread.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Return to “Health & Beauty”