Do you agree on dual pricing?

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Do you agree on dual pricing?

Post by tamada » February 18, 2023, 9:56 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 18, 2023, 9:35 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
February 18, 2023, 5:34 pm
Doodoo, I thought Thailand already taxes tourists. Are they going to upgrade the tax?

Hope this helps,
Yes they do .....B700 on departure has been in place for donkeys years. Hence my "duel pricing comment" B300 on arrival to go with B700 departure
It's got bugger all to do with dual pricing.

It will be a tax on EVERYONE stepping on/off a plane or otherwise setting foot on these blighted shores.

Refer to doodoo's earlier post that lists all the countries currently nailing travelers for what I call "holiday" taxes regardless of the purpose they are entering these countries. They aren't carefully sifting the nationality of the traveler or their reasons to be there.

Sheesh...

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 18, 2023, 9:59 pm

Other countries with independent voting are , Bangladesh, Canada, India, Jordan, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Romania, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand and the United Kingdom. No discrimination on voting.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 18, 2023, 10:19 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 18, 2023, 9:49 pm
If I can point to one single example of no discrimination, then the world discrimination is proven untrue. True?

So let's try this one. The Australian election commission us 100% independent. So universal voting equality is completely free of any discrimination, it delivers 100% non discrimination on the promise of universal votin er integrity. They set electoral boundaries and manage all elections under their control without complaint.

There are of course other examples, but if even one is true there is not discrimination it proves discrimination is NOT everywhere
Good example, thanks. It indicates that there are robust legal mechanisms in place to ensure there's no discrimination in the Australian electoral process.

Despite being born in Scotland of 100% Scottish heritage, I was denied registering to vote on Scottish independence by the seated Scottish government while they allowed non-Scots and non-UK citizens with a minimum of three months of Scottish "residence" the right to register to vote on the referendum. To me, this suggests that discrimination does exist.

Your stated opinion is that "the whole world is not discrimatory" is still not proven.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 19, 2023, 11:01 am

Tam being obtuse.

The phrase 'the whole world is not discriminatory ' does not mean there is no discrimination in the world, it means that not every element of the world is discriminatory.

I am 100% Scots but did not register either because I thought it was up to residents to vote, I actually agree with the rules.
Last edited by Whistler on February 19, 2023, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 19, 2023, 11:59 am

The whole world is discrimatory one way or another
What this means is that there is discrimination of one kind or another where ever you go
and that means everywhere
ie racism sexism ageism etc

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 19, 2023, 12:09 pm

I totally disagree that discrimination is ubiquitous. The example of the Australian Electoral Commission is but one example of a discrimination free body. There are many, many others.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 19, 2023, 5:48 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 19, 2023, 12:09 pm
I totally disagree that discrimination is ubiquitous. The example of the Australian Electoral Commission is but one example of a discrimination free body. There are many, many others.
That may so but it does not change the fact of discrimination universally

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 19, 2023, 6:40 pm

The fact?

A fact is backed up by proof, you cannot have proof as the concept is not just implausible but impossible. If you are correct, every element of life, for every person on earth is subject to discrimination.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 19, 2023, 6:59 pm

The SNP's denial of the Scottish diaspora's right to a referendum vote was a political manipulation and thus discriminatory.

You discounted Scottish independence referendum vote discrimination because despite being Scottish born, you are a naturalized Australian and you appear to no longer have an interest or a dependence on Scotland's or the Union's future. Thus it is easy for you to agree with the SNP's discriminatory rules.

You "disagree that discrimination is ubiquitous" and we accept that is your opinion. My opinion and that of others, is to the contrary.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 19, 2023, 7:06 pm

For such a woke intellegent person you are on the wrong end of the stick

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 19, 2023, 7:08 pm

noosard wrote:
February 19, 2023, 7:06 pm
For such a woke intellegent person you are on the wrong end of the stick
So the answer is no, I thought so. You have an opnion, but zero facts to back it up.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 19, 2023, 7:11 pm

Again you make me laugh having all your posts deleted of the last day
but they were read
again discrimination is real and worldwide in one form or another

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 19, 2023, 7:18 pm

I do remember back in 2020 when covid was rife you thought you would be descriminated against if the local village police asked who you were and where you had been
but again for an intellegent person your comprehension is lacking

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 19, 2023, 7:27 pm

Noo. Your recollection is incorrect. My comment was that police were only asking farangs, not all non residents to the village about covid, that was clear discrimination based on ethnicity.

I have never said there was no discrimination in the world, what I am saying is it is not ubiquitous. You have an opinion otherwise, which frankly I find ridiculous.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 19, 2023, 7:33 pm

There you go whistler reading but not comprehending
What I wrote was my wife asked what to ask falangs that she may meet on the highway
I know you got your knickers in a knot but that is because you didn't comprehend an easy post

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 19, 2023, 7:46 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 19, 2023, 11:01 am
Tam being obtuse.

The phrase 'the whole world is not discriminatory ' does not mean there is no discrimination in the world, it means that not every element of the world is discriminatory.

I am 100% Scots but did not register either because I thought it was up to residents to vote, I actually agree with the rules.
So if the Australian Electoral Commission suddenly got a wild hair up its ass and granted voting rights to non-citizens and recent arrivals as long as they had proof of a fixed abode in their new homeland like the ruling SNP did in Scotland, but denied you a vote because you choose to hang your hat in Thailand, it would be kosher and non-discriminatory?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 19, 2023, 8:09 pm

Are you serious? Your are nuts, you want me to comment on a circumstance that never happened, that has been dreamed up in your mind and you want me to comment on something that never happened.

Let's try to answer your hypothetical. There exists acts of parliament that govern the policies and operations of the AEC, that body operates according to its mandate. From my knowledge of that act, I cannot see anything discriminatory about the AECs conduct, zero. It operates on the principle of universal adult suffrage.

Now if you think 1,2 3 or even 17 year olds are discriminated against, maybe you can make a case, frankly I think they are too young to vote, and that is what Australian law states.

However, given electoral law, the AEC is non-discriminatory. Now I have no intention of documenting every aspect of the entire world such as I have done here.

What I say with absolute confidence is the world is not 100% discriminatory, if even one example exists, the 100% threshold has been disproven.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 19, 2023, 8:15 pm

Your high bar of "even one example" notwithstanding, the world's civilizations are rife with discrimination.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 19, 2023, 8:21 pm

tamada wrote:
February 19, 2023, 8:15 pm
Your high bar of "even one example" notwithstanding, the world's civilizations are rife with discrimination.
A prime example of the pitfalls of making sweeping statements. You have obviously backed off, has noo?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 19, 2023, 8:28 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 19, 2023, 8:21 pm
tamada wrote:
February 19, 2023, 8:15 pm
A prime example of the pitfalls of making sweeping statements. You have obviously backed off, has noo?
You obviously have comprehension issues. You are the one who opened your diatribe with the sweeping assertion that "the whole world is not discrimatory"

It's not your fault and it's possible you missed out on a quality Scottish education.

Unlike yourself, I can't speak definitively for other members.
Last edited by tamada on February 19, 2023, 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “Health & Beauty”