Do you agree on dual pricing?

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Do you agree on dual pricing?

Post by DuiDui49 » September 30, 2021, 2:17 pm

.."The bottom line is that foreigners must pay 96% additional for labour cost.
"Foreigners must also pay 25% additional (cost) for highly trained English speaking personnel".

Read more here:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1233573-thai ... n-hua-hin/

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: Do you agree on dual pricing?

Post by DuiDui49 » September 30, 2021, 2:23 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
September 30, 2021, 2:17 pm
.."The bottom line is that foreigners must pay 96% additional for labour cost.
"Foreigners must also pay 25% additional (cost) for highly trained English speaking personnel".

"Administrative Court in Phetchaburi ruled that multi-tiered “dual pricing” in Thai hospitals are not discriminatory as they benefit Thailand."

Read more here:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1233573-thai ... n-hua-hin/

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 30, 2021, 2:39 pm

Yes. Thai taxpayers shouldn't generally be subsidizing the medical care of foreigners.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 30, 2021, 3:16 pm

The local clinic does not charge me a surcharge for being foreign

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 30, 2021, 3:45 pm

According to press reports the court said that it did not see the dual pricing as discriminatory suggesting the higher rates charged to foreigners who could pay more were good for the nation.
What foreigner living in Thailand makes even a small fraction of what very rich Thais make? None, I would venture. But those very rich Thais pay the lower rate. It's discrimination and racist. Many foreigners living here make far less than many Thais, but are forced to pay more based on ... looking different.
"The bottom line is that foreigners must pay 96% additional for labour cost. "Foreigners must also pay 25% additional (cost) for highly trained English speaking personnel".
Not all foreigners in Thailand speak English. In fact, MOST probably do not speak English. Thais, indeed most Asians, are OK with being racists. It doesn't bother them in the least.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 30, 2021, 3:46 pm

noosard wrote:
September 30, 2021, 3:16 pm
The local clap clinic does not charge me a surcharge for being foreign
Thats handy cos your one of their best customers... :lol: :lol: :lol:

This dual pricing chatter has always and still is a recurring issue here .. cant say i agree or disagree as its something ive never given a lot of thought as its ever bothered me... can any members comment on what specific dual pricing really annoys them so much and why .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 30, 2021, 3:52 pm

What dual pricing only noticed it in parks and booking hotels the wife pays now for hotels but you have ferang we give Thai price lol

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 30, 2021, 4:45 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 30, 2021, 3:46 pm
[

Thats handy cos your one of their best customers... :lol: :lol: :lol:

This dual pricing chatter has always and still is a recurring issue here .. cant say i agree or disagree as its something ive never given a lot of thought as its ever bothered me... can any members comment on what specific dual pricing really annoys them so much and why .

DM
Tis true I am frequent repeat patient
Also am getting the Thai taxpayer to give me the vac

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 30, 2021, 6:30 pm

No problem with duel pricing for tourists who only contribute to the Thai economy for a couple of weeks a year. Anyone, Black/white/Brown/Pink/orange/male/female/cant make up their mind, who lives here (and has drivers lic or yellow book etc) to prove residency and are paying into the Thai coffers every time they go shopping etc should be charged the same.
British museum in London is free to British residents and used to charge tourists who were not making any sort of contribution to its upkeep, but still wanted to visit

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 30, 2021, 6:32 pm

I don't like it, but I don't object. Up to the Thai Gov't.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » September 30, 2021, 6:33 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
September 30, 2021, 6:30 pm
No problem with duel pricing for tourists who only contribute to the Thai economy for a couple of weeks a year. Anyone, Black/white/Brown/Pink/orange/male/female/cant make up their mind, who lives here (and has drivers lic or yellow book etc) to prove residency and are paying into the Thai coffers every time they go shopping etc should be charged the same.
British museum in London is free to British residents and used to charge tourists who were not making any sort of contribution to its upkeep, but still wanted to visit
Retired expats are charged at the highest rate, if we are talking about the hospital dual pricing. Too late for me now, as I have a family here, but I do regret settling down in Thailand.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 30, 2021, 7:15 pm

Giggle wrote:
September 30, 2021, 3:45 pm
According to press reports the court said that it did not see the dual pricing as discriminatory suggesting the higher rates charged to foreigners who could pay more were good for the nation.
What foreigner living in Thailand makes even a small fraction of what very rich Thais make? None, I would venture. But those very rich Thais pay the lower rate. It's discrimination and racist. Many foreigners living here make far less than many Thais, but are forced to pay more based on ... looking different.
"The bottom line is that foreigners must pay 96% additional for labour cost. "Foreigners must also pay 25% additional (cost) for highly trained English speaking personnel".
Not all foreigners in Thailand speak English. In fact, MOST probably do not speak English. Thais, indeed most Asians, are OK with being racists. It doesn't bother them in the least.
This will have to wait until a number of Western educated liberal Thais emerge who hate Thai culture and inform the population that they are rotten to the core racists and should be ashamed of themselves and their culture.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 30, 2021, 7:34 pm

I suspect that is more than a few years down the line ....... it will take quite a few years before the US & UK population realise they are rotton to the core and racists that should be ashamed of themselves =;

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 30, 2021, 7:34 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 30, 2021, 7:15 pm
Giggle wrote:
September 30, 2021, 3:45 pm
This will have to wait until a number of Western educated liberal Thais emerge who hate Thai culture and inform the population that they are rotten to the core racists and should be ashamed of themselves and their culture.
You are wasting your time trying to match giggley's cynicism, Uncle.

He is way, way further right than you.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 30, 2021, 7:37 pm

UK actually voted for duel pricing ........... they voted to pay more than the rest of Europe

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 30, 2021, 7:41 pm

statto - it's dual, not duel.

Unless you are looking to shoot someone - do you still have your smoothbore flintlock?
main-image.jpg

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 30, 2021, 8:01 pm

jackspratt wrote:
September 30, 2021, 7:41 pm
statto - it's dual, not duel.

Unless you are looking to shoot someone - do you still have your smoothbore flintlock?

main-image.jpg
OOps ...... check my location avitar :badteeth:

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » September 30, 2021, 8:18 pm

Anyone who believes that the wealthy should pay more taxes only because they have more money should be okay with foreigners having to pay more for anything in The Land of Smiles.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 30, 2021, 8:24 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
September 30, 2021, 8:18 pm
Anyone who believes that the wealthy should pay more taxes only because they have more money should be okay with foreigners having to pay more for anything in The Land of Smiles.
You seem to have overlooked the obvious, Declan.

Taxes are not optional (except for the wealthy) ....... as it has always been.

"anything" is optional.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » September 30, 2021, 8:28 pm

jackspratt wrote:
September 30, 2021, 8:24 pm
Declan MacPherson wrote:
September 30, 2021, 8:18 pm
You seem to have overlooked the obvious, Declan.

Taxes are not optional (except for the wealthy) ....... as it has always been.

"anything" is optional.
You seem to have overlooked exactly what I said.

Regardless of the nature of taxes, whether they are optional or otherwise, this is not about the government and tax collecting. It is about those citizens from anywhere who believe that the wealthy should pay more taxes only because they have more money.

Anyone who believes that is okay, that it is right and just, should not complain about that same measure being applied to anything else.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Return to “Health & Beauty”