Gall Bladder issues.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: Gall Bladder issues.

Post by Niggly » May 29, 2021, 9:06 am

Be careful to keep it running free for the next week or so. Your body will quickly try to bung up again post surgery

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 29, 2021, 11:50 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 29, 2021, 8:47 am
BIG shout out and thanks to UM members Noosard and Niggly who have assisted greatly in my post surgery constipation woes and quest for a perfect poop .... thanks to you guys for your advice and potions im pleased to say ....DRUM ROLL .......

Mr Whippy is back in town =D> =D>

DM
Niggly wrote:
May 29, 2021, 9:06 am
Be careful to keep it running free for the next week or so. Your body will quickly try to bung up again post surgery
Yes i intend to try and hang loose and in the name of one of my fav songs from the past ..... 1966 .. a great year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6LVI1gDswg

I can most definately confirm both the advisory info given by Noos n Niggs has assisted greatly.. as i posted earlier im trying to ""keep it green" and use no prescribed meds as a remedy .. for any members suffering with blocked tubes heres what has helped me ..

Husk Powder .. Psyllium taken mixed with water.
also
Green Magic .. a blend of green superfoods in capsule form.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 29, 2021, 2:42 pm

i will get the answer next time i try a glass of the amber nectar .. which IN MODERATION is fine according to the doc.

Just remember that a doctors "in moderation" will mean about one small bottle of beer a day. In the UK the 'max' intake should be limited to 14 units a week according to doctors, 2 small bottles a day and not saved to binge drink. About as much fun as a shave in cold water with a blunt blade.
Best bet just push the limits to see what happens and the same with food.
I was also told no more curries etc but have had no problems with any type of food. Different people, different reactions.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 30, 2021, 9:26 am

Taking it easy for now Alex .. exercise and change of diet OUT WITH food wise fried foods , cheese high fat foods has not been a problem but at some stage i may have the urge for a curry and twill be interesting to see how my internal workings react.

For sure NO MORE carbonated soft drinks .. may try a non carbonated "dead" ale or stout this afternoon instead of the usual Chang...my studies have confirmed once the nitro widget has infused the drink and settled it has no carbonation... thats my excuse and im sticking to it.

Doc did say after 1 month can eat everything but some foods may not have pleasant effects .. so decided to try n stick to the new healthy regime and get some weight off and keep it off.

30-40 mins per day on exercise bike isnt an issue and today i will walk ... to my destination not drive.

GB surgery scars now healed.. and more so the grief it was giving me prior is no more.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: WITHOUT a Gall Bladder issues.

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 21, 2022, 2:30 pm

Just a heads up of a recent experience re me spending a few hours in the Military Hospital Udon.

I had eaten a drank a couple of things i was wary about and it came back to bite me on the arse in the form of severe stomach pains, nausea and acid reflux so bad that after not sleeping a whole night Dao took me to the Military hospital.

Arrived n went in via AnE saw the doctor quicker .. checked me out told him what eaten n drank n i didnt have a gall bladder as another possibility was a bile leak.
He recommended 4 injections plus some meds and that i stay under observation in AnE for a few hours where they did further checks and monitored my condition...after vomitting again i started to feel better less pain due to the drip n meds .. i was allowed out after the doc came to see me, he said a few days rest and meds to take home ... and more so be very careful what you eat in future as food tolerance varies massively between people without a gall bladder...NO MORE CURRIES.

Bonus i lost 2 kgs in 2 days .. now down to 97 kgs though i dont recco this form of weight loss.

No over night room charge as was never admitted just under observation in AnE

Charges for see doctor, in hospital meds, 1x IV drip /4 injections tests and take home meds... 1,567 bt

Great service ..though i hope i never see them again.

DM

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » February 21, 2022, 4:04 pm

glad your o.k Jon , i,m trying to catch you up with the weight loss , i,ve gone from 111kg to 104 in 3 weeks
with no cheese no butter no fried stuff no BOOZE and from 10 slices of bread a day to no more than 3 slices of Brown bread . but no exercise yet as i still need to keep foot rested . still getting dressings changed every day ...

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 21, 2022, 5:06 pm

timmy wrote:
February 21, 2022, 4:04 pm
glad your o.k Jon , i,m trying to catch you up with the weight loss , i,ve gone from 111kg to 104 in 3 weeks
with no cheese no butter no fried stuff no BOOZE and from 10 slices of bread a day to no more than 3 slices of Brown bread . but no exercise yet as i still need to keep foot rested . still getting dressings changed every day ...
Cheers timmy .. such is life bits stop working and dropping off as we get older mate..

Good luck with the new diet .. how much did the toe weigh ????

As i previously commented the two hardest things for me to knock on the head were / are still beer n bread and i dont even drink Archa so made it even harder :lol: :lol: ... i have not missed cheese, cakes and fried foods at all , eat a lot of poached stuff now.

I ate a masaman curry as a very kind lady made it for me .. wary at the time and paid the price via the hospital.

DM

Return to “Health & Beauty”