Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Jello
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by Jello » July 18, 2022, 6:08 pm

If the meat and dairy industry were honest…

:lol:

UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 19, 2022, 6:07 am

Jello wrote:
July 18, 2022, 5:55 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
July 17, 2022, 8:07 pm
Tasty, but unnecessary for a healthy diet.

“There are virtually no nutrients in animal based foods that are not better provided by plants.”
-Dr T Colin Campbell

8)
Goodmorning Jello !

With my posted pic i was trying be be funny/sarcastic,guess i wasn't .

Have a healty day everyone..//Alfie :-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 19, 2022, 6:10 am

If you have Netflix..have a look at a film/Doc..the name is "ROTTEN"

//Alfie..:-)

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 19, 2022, 11:40 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 19, 2022, 6:07 am
Goodmorning Jello !

With my posted pic i was trying be be funny/sarcastic,guess i wasn't .

Have a healty day everyone..//Alfie :-)
Yes I got that you were joking, your pic was a good lead-in to make the point that we don’t need meat and dairy as much as we’ve been lead to believe.

At least that’s what the 88 year old nutritional biologist believes. Given his credentials, I tend to agree with him.

T. COLIN CAMPBELL, PHD
Dr. T. Colin Campbell is the Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University, project director of the acclaimed China-Oxford-Cornell Diet and Health Project, coauthor of The China Study, and author of Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition. Dr. Campbell has conducted original research in both laboratory experiments and large-scale human studies and authored more than 300 peer-reviewed research papers. For more information visit the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies website.

Cheers, 8)
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 19, 2022, 11:45 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 19, 2022, 6:10 am
If you have Netflix..have a look at a film/Doc..the name is "ROTTEN"

I haven’t seen it, I’ll check it out.

Also on Netflix: Explained, (season 2, episode 3) The Future of Meat.
It’s only 23 minutes long but covers our history of meat consumption up to the present day mock-meat industry.

Some other good documentaries:
Forks over knives, the game changers, What the health, cowspiracy , seaspiracy.
8)
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 19, 2022, 4:46 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 17, 2022, 6:44 pm
Jello,do you any clue how many calories you try to consume every day,in average?Were do you manly get your protein/fat sources from?Rtw,thanks for the link to the recipes :-)

//Alfie
As I said I’m not really into counting calories, grams of protein and such but this video does and offers some suggestions for high protein plant foods.

8)
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 20, 2022, 5:50 am

Most people want to lose fat and you might know how that work is done by your own body called "The thermic effect of food (or TEF)".So for us who want some info on that subject,read on here.

ON PROTEIN INTAKE ⭐️
Lots of nutrition questions in this group but so can say for sure if you only change ONE thing- protein consumption can be a real dial mover.
I can count on one hand the number of clients who have come to me eating what I consider a good amount of protein for them.
I am very open that all my clients are on high protein diets, and my guys who are on super high carb diets maybe a bit less, but it never falls under their body weight in grams.
The thermic effect of food (or TEF) is the energy required to digest a macronutrient. Protein comes in at the highest, and is next to IMPOSSIBLE to store as bodyfat.
TEF for fats: (9 cals per gram): 0-3%
TEF for Carbs: (4 cals per gram): 5-10%
TER for Protein: (4 cals per gram): 20-30%!!
And as you can see, carbs are superior to fats for TEF. People think fats are more satiating, but they aren’t. If combined with any of the above they will slow down digestion, but still not a higher TEF.
I keep clients at levels up to 1.2-1.4g/lb of body weight to leverage proteins ability to provide satiety, retain muscle in a deficit + maybe even burn calories while eating it because of the high thermic effect.
Two instances I have it ridiculously high:
1.When someone has very high bodyfat
2. When someone has very LOW bodyfat + is dieting very hard
The big difference between the two is carbs will be low in #1, and higher in #2
#1- When you have a lot of “stored energy” to drop you can be in a relatively deep deficit without risking any issues or muscle loss. We mitigate hunger issues with high protein for reasons I described above. Carbs are low to lower the glucose load on the mitochondria, and allow for the stored energy to be used in the cells.
#2- When someone is dieting pretty hard and they are sub 15-20% bodyfat, I use higher protein to mitigate muscle loss while training hard as well as increase satiety.
If you are confused where to start, use those two situations to assess the starting point. If you are inbetween, I find a moderate carb approach can be superior to high(er) fat.
Ali G

All credits goes to the author of this info Ali G.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 20, 2022, 5:55 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 20, 2022, 5:50 am
…moderate carb approach can be superior to high(er) fat.
Ali G[/i][/b]

Wut? Ali G? Your joking again Alfie. :lol:

Be careful with your high protein:
Can too much protein be harmful?
The short answer is yes. As with most things in life, there can be too much of a good thing and if you eat too much protein, there may be a price to pay. For example, people that eat very high protein diets have a higher risk of kidney stones . Also a high protein diet that contains lots of red meat and higher amounts of saturated fat might lead to a higher risk of heart disease and colon cancer, while another high protein diet rich in plant-based proteins may not carry similar risks.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/nutritio ... s-too-much
8)
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 21, 2022, 6:05 am

Jello wrote:
July 20, 2022, 5:55 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
July 20, 2022, 5:50 am
…moderate carb approach can be superior to high(er) fat.
Ali G[/i][/b]

Wut? Ali G? Your joking again Alfie. :lol:

Be careful with your high protein:
Can too much protein be harmful?
The short answer is yes. As with most things in life, there can be too much of a good thing and if you eat too much protein, there may be a price to pay. For example, people that eat very high protein diets have a higher risk of kidney stones . Also a high protein diet that contains lots of red meat and higher amounts of saturated fat might lead to a higher risk of heart disease and colon cancer, while another high protein diet rich in plant-based proteins may not carry similar risks.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/nutritio ... s-too-much
8)
Well not THAT Ali G ;-)...but i like him too,funny as **** ;-)The more you read about food,nutrition and how and what kind of exercise is good for you,well my head spins..but on the other hand it always spins ;-)I think i have to just say enough of testing when you getting older.Let common sense rule,do what you feel your body respond well to..moderation is the key i think.Nothing wrong to read/studie the "latest""innovations..food/health and exercise.I always want to try this and that,not always the best but i guess i'm far from perfect in many different aspects..but that's me i believe.
So moderation is something i have to "struggle"with,i'm ALL IN or nothing more or less ;-)..But i like this thread just wish more people would care to share their thoughts,how they tackle the problem with high BP,weight,inner health/soul health which i think is as important as all the other thing i just mentioned above.I can say that i see a lot of retired people struggling with their mental health,resulting in doing absolute the opposite of what they should..less drinking/smoking eating ---- food=processed food ..these need a kick in their behind,a caring kick ;-)It's never to late to make a change for a healthier life style..but laziness rules in many different ways..Just let us all start with a really good health checkup and go from there,okey.

Guess i'm in rant mood this early morning ;-)..so enough for now..I honestly wish EVERYONE a healthy life as we get older,maybe time of a bodily change for the better,remember our body is VERY forgiving just listen what he tells you,okey.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 2, 2022, 12:28 pm

15/2 - 2022 Military Hospital Cholesterol Check up.

* Cholesterol 240........1/4 - 2022..........1/8 -2022

* Triglyceride 93.........88..........85

* HDl 73.80..............65.20.......59.10

* LDL 161.80............153.10......112.60

With this first CHL Test the Doc.immediately wanted my put on Statins,not ON SINGEL word about my food habits,exercise levels..I said now and told her i fix my high fat,high protein and low carb diet..i said -give me 3 month to next check,we parted..As you can see above my second check showed improvements due to my own tweaks when it comes to food and and what i eat.
Third test was done yesterday..as you can see better levels and now "in range"..Doc.said..-You don't need ant meds..and we parted.

What i want to say is this:Do NOT choose to go on any meds BEFORE you tried to improve you health..Diet,Exercise,Sleep..don't choose the lazy mans way our body are more then willing to rectify and forgive us for eating the "wrong"food.
So i will go back to higher Carb diet,i cut most of the sugar,0% Milk instead of whole fat milk,i also cutout butter even if it was 100% Grass fed Butter for a 98% use of Virgin Olive oil instead..Chicken and Fish are my top protein sources..Almond Butter and Avocado for healthy fats..Whey Isolate Protein Powder for my smoothies together with Goji Berry;Blue Berry's,Golden Flax seed powder and Chia seeds powder..I say mostly no to processed food,but can cheat once or twice a month.Alot of different fresh fruits..and veggies.And that's pretty much it.

So good luck everyone in your quest for a healthier life style.But first lest get the full blood work done.

Thank for reading and do NOT forget the prostate (PSA)test.

thewatchman
udonmap.com

Post by thewatchman » August 2, 2022, 7:13 pm

well done sir =D> =D> =D>
laughing at the occasional visitor and failed taxi drivers

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 3, 2022, 12:13 am

Blood work done for my offshore medical renewal on 30 June showed "bad" cholesterol at 187.

I immediately commenced a daily regimen of Bestatin-40 at the same time as a radical dietary change centered on oily fish, brown rice, fresh veg and fruit as well as my regulars of oatmeal and almonds. No fries, no pies, no snacking. I also totally eliminated dairy and alcohol and upped my morning push bike runs from 3/week to 5/week.

Blood work done last week for a more rigorous client-specific offshore medical shows bad cholesterol now at 79 and well within spec.

Pondering the possibility of shoddy lab work, I googled if such a rapid change was possible. Despite stating the average improvements as happening between 6 to 8 weeks, they did say a rapid improvement is possible with the blitzkrieg approach that I elected to pursue.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 3, 2022, 8:16 am

God morning friends and foes ;-) !

The problem i have is to get enough Healthy-high calorie dense food down,i still leaning out and i try everything in the book EXCEPT..the "bad highly prosessed foods"..Cut down on my Cardio sessions too,but still loosing weight.I guess i sholud be happy when so many other people struggling to LOSE weight,right.
So that said,my quest to gain some meat on my body continues..Tamada,good work my friend..if you're not sure if the bloo work was done properly..re test..and maybe do it every month for say 2-3 month..easy and it will put you at ease,goodluck Tamada..:-)

God bless and stay healthy every one...:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 3, 2022, 8:27 am

tamada wrote:
August 3, 2022, 12:13 am
Blood work done for my offshore medical renewal on 30 June showed "bad" cholesterol at 187.

I immediately commenced a daily regimen of Bestatin-40 at the same time as a radical dietary change centered on oily fish, brown rice, fresh veg and fruit as well as my regulars of oatmeal and almonds. No fries, no pies, no snacking. I also totally eliminated dairy and alcohol and upped my morning push bike runs from 3/week to 5/week.

Blood work done last week for a more rigorous client-specific offshore medical shows bad cholesterol now at 79 and well within spec.

Pondering the possibility of shoddy lab work, I googled if such a rapid change was possible. Despite stating the average improvements as happening between 6 to 8 weeks, they did say a rapid improvement is possible with the blitzkrieg approach that I elected to pursue.
Tamada,Bestatin-40 helped you alot together with the other changes..for sure..are you skipping the Statins now or what.I made my change only with diet changes so if you can..try that approach but keep the other changes..new blod work after a month or two..then you find out what is going on.Any sides from your medication?

Any way..goodluck Tamada..:-)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 3, 2022, 9:32 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
August 3, 2022, 8:27 am
tamada wrote:
August 3, 2022, 12:13 am

Tamada,Bestatin-40 helped you alot together with the other changes..for sure..are you skipping the Statins now or what.I made my change only with diet changes so if you can..try that approach but keep the other changes..new blod work after a month or two..then you find out what is going on.Any sides from your medication?

Any way..goodluck Tamada..:-)
I forgot to add that I lost 5 kg during the 18-day blitzkrieg as well.

I will stick with the statins for now as I am offshore for a month with an Indian galley crew so biryani's and popadums are going to take precedent over salmon and salads. I did promise my Thai medical examiner that I would return for a blood rework in 2-3 months so I will do that. The last-minute, second medical exam had it's benefits in showing the immediate improvement.

As for side-effects of the statins, no gastro-intestinal disturbances, headaches, skin rashes, dizziness, blurred vision, insomnia or dysgeusia.

Regarding the Micardis Plus hypertension meds, just the dry mouth and sometimes feeling thirsty have been noted. A Google search suggests that's due to the hydrochlorothiazide or 'Plus' bit of the medication?

Now, back to the mess where I can gaze longingly at the cheese cuts on a platter in the glass-fronted fridge.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 6, 2022, 12:13 pm

Any one want a Avocado Sallad Recipe ?I got this from Khun Nagi who shared this Sallad Recipe..i for one will test it out..her's her YouTube Video so you can follow along how she is making it..good luck :-)

Creamy Ranch Avocado - Chicken Pasta Salad

https://youtu.be/TgNNWWGIwhE

BONUS Video:

Rick Bayless Guacamole Class..............https://youtu.be/VUz3wG0Wzws

Rick Bayless Essential Salsa: Salsa Mexicana Two Ways.....https://youtu.be/yRHtKBd9TVM

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 7, 2022, 5:05 pm

Pan fryed Seabass with Lemon Garlic sause..was todays dinner..aroi aroi..try it yourself..

https://www.bowlofdelicious.com/pan-fri ... erb-sauce/

I used My beansallad i made yesterday..and Basmati Rice..put everything in a hot Chia wrap,easy on your stomach,healthy and tasty..i think ;-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 7, 2022, 5:55 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
August 7, 2022, 5:05 pm
Pan fryed Seabass with Lemon Garlic sause..was todays dinner..aroi aroi..try it yourself..

https://www.bowlofdelicious.com/pan-fri ... erb-sauce/

I used My beansallad i made yesterday..and Basmati Rice..put everything in a hot Chia wrap,easy on your stomach,healthy and tasty..i think ;-)

PS:Forgot the dessert...Cantaloupe Melon,4 fresh dates och an one apple...i'm full ;-)..DS

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 18, 2022, 4:21 pm

A little late lunch photo from today. The motto for it is...You take what you have..in the fridge..and preferably healthyl too 😉
So that was the last of my 3 bean salad..2 wraps not the salmon but smoked mackerel...some tomatoes and for "dessert"..cantalope..

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 19, 2022, 3:13 pm

Today's lunch:
60-70 grams Basmati Rice..
50 grams Chicken
All 3 colors of Paprika..+Long Green Beans and Brocoli.

(-No, I don't weigh the food anymore, have done it in the past to have an idea of ​​the parts of Protein, Fat and Carbohydrates that I eat.

Forgot to post a pic over my Vietnames Avocado i got today...to ripe but what the heck..i use them in my smoothies so it okey..and they are TASTY.
PS.When did you check your weigth lately,remember overweight leads to high blood pressure,kidney problems and stroke/heart attacks.So do NOT be lazy when it comes to your diet and manage your health.DSThe most effective ways to reduce bloodpressure naturally are reducing body weight and improving your cardio.

Return to “Health & Beauty”