Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by DuiDui49 » June 15, 2021, 8:49 pm

the-monk wrote:
June 15, 2021, 7:41 pm
A steamed meal... No the mango is not steamed..
st-2.jpg
st-1.jpg[/attachment
[attachment=0]st-3.jpg
Loks healthy and good in my eyes,thank you for posting..If i could give some positive critisim,presentation,at least for me is something that counts when i prepare a meal.Remember,you eat first whith your eyes.But i guess diffrent people diffrent ways how to make your meal look and taste nice.

Keep them coming my friend...//Alfie.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » June 16, 2021, 2:43 pm

Thanks for the input, you are 100 % right it does NOT look appetizing and i want you ro know i too pay a special attention to the presentation. I have live in Japan for many years. But here the situation is different, TIT.. I live with my TGF and with her 2 adults kids. AS you know so many time in Thailand people go to the market buy a bag of food, come home, empty the bag in a bowl and thats s it. She cooks 80% of the time , this steamed fish with broccoli was a request from her son, that s what he requested that s what he got, a huge improvement... Now he is eating veggies - not always deep fried foods like his sister, we can work of presentation later. The TGF has made remarkable progress in handling, cooking, presenting food.
She makes spectacular salad mixing the various ingredients. Personally i cook western food once in a while and i freeze the surplus, i like to make a big pot of pasta sauce or Japanese curry and divide them in individual portions and freeze them.. Yesterday i cooked 2 duck breasts and i kept one in the fridge for my todays lunch. I bring it to room temperature and thin slice it. I know that duck is a bit fat but it s a type of fat that could be beneficial to your health. Mano for dessert.
Thanks for your comments.
Stay safe.
[attachment=0]duck.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
duck.jpg

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 16, 2021, 4:00 pm

the-monk wrote:
June 16, 2021, 2:43 pm
Thanks for the input, you are 100 % right it does NOT look appetizing and i want you ro know i too pay a special attention to the presentation. I have live in Japan for many years. But here the situation is different, TIT.. I live with my TGF and with her 2 adults kids. AS you know so many time in Thailand people go to the market buy a bag of food, come home, empty the bag in a bowl and thats s it. She cooks 80% of the time , this steamed fish with broccoli was a request from her son, that s what he requested that s what he got, a huge improvement... Now he is eating veggies - not always deep fried foods like his sister, we can work of presentation later. The TGF has made remarkable progress in handling, cooking, presenting food.
She makes spectacular salad mixing the various ingredients. Personally i cook western food once in a while and i freeze the surplus, i like to make a big pot of pasta sauce or Japanese curry and divide them in individual portions and freeze them.. Yesterday i cooked 2 duck breasts and i kept one in the fridge for my todays lunch. I bring it to room temperature and thin slice it. I know that duck is a bit fat but it s a type of fat that could be beneficial to your health. Mano for dessert.
Thanks for your comments.
Stay safe.
duck.jpg
Hi there my friend,hope everything is good whith you all.
Do you know that you can get UTI from chicken meat?..I didn't,but now when i know better i clean my veggies AND chickenmeat very thoroughly.Have a look how to do it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf1xITpixvw

More info:https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspec ... nal%20mBio.

Veggie cleaning:

"One of the most effective methods is to prepare a solution of equal parts of baking powder and vinegar in a large utensil filled with hot water. Stir well and immerse your fruits and vegetables in this solution for about 20-30 minutes. Wash them after soaking."

I use both of the metods..Stay healthy and clean...//Alfie

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 16, 2021, 4:10 pm

Today i very enjoy ..

Breakfast 8am .. 2 soft boiled eggs , poached salmon steak and 2 slices of Hovis toast...plus coffee

Lunch 12 noon ...coffee plus a naked PF scone and a yoghurt with somo / pomelo

NOW 4PM Just had green salad with a diced tandoori chicken breast.

Only drinking water or orange juice , coffee in the mornings .. havent had a beer for ages and min 30 mins a day on the bike.

Yes i miss many things like beer, banoffee pie , cheescake , pizzas , chips all the good stuff but its all about the will power to say NO...as yet i have not fallen off the wagon .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 16, 2021, 5:54 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 16, 2021, 4:10 pm
Today i very enjoy ..

Breakfast 8am .. 2 soft boiled eggs , poached salmon steak and 2 slices of Hovis toast...plus coffee

Lunch 12 noon ...coffee plus a naked PF scone and a yoghurt with somo / pomelo

NOW 4PM Just had green salad with a diced tandoori chicken breast.

Only drinking water or orange juice , coffee in the mornings .. havent had a beer for ages and min 30 mins a day on the bike.

Yes i miss many things like beer, banoffee pie , cheescake , pizzas , chips all the good stuff but its all about the will power to say NO...as yet i have not fallen off the wagon .

DM
Well you know me by now..Brekfast 4 porched eggs two pices of WASA crist bread with Mills Kaviar..Coffee.Then i went for a bicycleride from Non Sa-At to visit Dean.5 min chat,Dean have to make your scones i think ;-)Bicycle back home,all in all..aprox 34km.
Steelcut Oats,Kiwi,Cranberrys,Blueberrys and Almonds..Jolinda yogurt..jummy.
Now eating one of my favvs.Fryed Seabass..life is good.. =D> =D> =D> =D> ..to Mr.DM for staying on track with both food and exercise,way to go my friend..belive me when i say it gets easyer with time..DM.

//Alfie..:-)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 17, 2021, 2:17 pm

Today i very enjoy ..

Breakfast .. 8am coffee , WW Toast 2 soft boiled eggs and grilled Pla Saba , 1 Yoghurt

Lunch ,, 12 noon coffee PF naked scone , pomelo

still to come 4pm .. fresh green salad and the second Pla saba of the day , 1 yoghurt 1 apple

The pla saba is excellent .. come grilled and in a twin pack for 30 bt yep 15 bt each... Big C Nadi

30 plus mins on the bike later .. actually if i have a scone during the day i do 40 mins to make up for being a nawty boy.

DM

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 17, 2021, 2:29 pm

Ronaldo revealed to Goal.com in 2020 he eats a high-protein diet with whole-grain carbs, fruits and vegetables. He eats six small meals per day or one meal every three to four hours.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 17, 2021, 2:36 pm

mak wrote:
June 17, 2021, 2:29 pm
Ronaldo revealed to Goal.com in 2020 he eats a high-protein diet with whole-grain carbs, fruits and vegetables. He eats six small meals per day or one meal every three to four hours.
I do not eat after 4pm unless its fruit ..

How does Rono find the time to go shopping for all that ingredients ?? .. by coincidence i was in Big C earlier and one of the check out girls mistook me for Ronaldo and asked me for my autograph .. :shock:

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 17, 2021, 2:46 pm

^ easy mistake, the likeness is uncanny

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 17, 2021, 3:10 pm

Niggly wrote:
June 17, 2021, 2:46 pm

I reported this post .. outrageously impolite... i dont look like im off a jar of Robertsons Jam.

Back on Topic .. to the layman Pla Saba is mackerel .. ปลาทู in Thai .. not had it for a long time , i can most certainly recco the ones from Big C Nadi healthy , delicious and great value.

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 17, 2021, 3:35 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 17, 2021, 3:10 pm
Niggly wrote:
June 17, 2021, 2:46 pm

I reported this post .. outrageously impolite... i dont look like im off a jar of Robertsons Jam.
DM
Errr, you said…..
Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 17, 2021, 2:36 pm
by coincidence i was in Big C earlier and one of the check out girls mistook me for Ronaldo and asked me for my autograph .. :shock:

DM
That’s Ronaldo & the resemblance is striking
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 17, 2021, 4:29 pm

WRONG Ronaldo ...

the check out girl just wouldnt leave me alone

Evening meal consumed .. delicious ... gonna get more saba tomorrow would be really nice served on baked rice with some chilli added.

DM

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 17, 2021, 5:33 pm

..enough Gentelmen,please back on track now..thank you very much ;-)

Evrything in life gets so much easyer if we are prepared,right.And if you want easy way NOT to skip to many meals becuse of that,be prepared.
Her's what anf how i prepp.Today was making a batch of Steelcut Oats,thanks to RCT/Tom,my new favv for the breafast carb meal.

And in my freezer have i done my Veggie mix,tem min. of defrost..put that on the main dish,dusted and done.All these Jolinda Yogurt containers are full of that.I do that maybe once a week,done.
Bought 4 kilo of chicken filét,2 kilo for 270Bath,cleaned everything in Whithe Vinegar and Lemon,done..freezer..done.Made also five meals whith marinated chicken and Basmati rice,,done..freezer.
Pics says more the words right??

..I'm done for today chilling now..Image

Stay healthy and hapy...2 % is more then zero..

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 18, 2021, 10:19 am

After 40 mins on the bike last night my legs ached .. i was watching the snooker and lost track of time .. 30 mins por.

today

Brekkie .. coffee corn on the cob , yoghurt and chompoo fruit oh and a Husk powder drink.

Lunch .. coffee , PF naked scone an apple

EVE 4pm .. green salad with diced Pakrika chicken breast , yoghurt

If feeling peckish in the evening its chompoo to the rescue.

No pla Saba toady got more excellent salmon steaks from Tesco for tomorrow 63bt each =D>

DM

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 18, 2021, 11:14 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 18, 2021, 10:19 am
After 40 mins on the bike last night my legs ached .. i was watching the snooker and lost track of time .. 30 mins por.

today

Brekkie .. coffee corn on the cob , yoghurt and chompoo fruit oh and a Husk powder drink.

Lunch .. coffee , PF naked scone an apple

EVE 4pm .. green salad with diced Pakrika chicken breast , yoghurt

If feeling peckish in the evening its chompoo to the rescue.

No pla Saba toady got more excellent salmon steaks from Tesco for tomorrow 63bt each =D>

DM
=D> =D> =D> Good on you Mr..you are on track to a more healthy lifestile,and that's what it all about.Shopping at B-C yesterday i can't say how much food/snacks that are more or less filled whith all kind of no-good-but tasty things.Emty calories..loads of them..and in a "corner"you will,if you're lucky,find some produce that are a bit healthyer and not only emty cal's.Now wonder we are overweight and suffers from high BP and colesterol,to mention a few..I support you DM in your quest to be more healthy and hopefully live a lighter live.For every overweith poung/kilo you shed off,the body will thank you and soon you have only the Tattos left ;-)I'm a twig now but a healthy twig ;-)

"2% is better then zero"..Enyoy life, be thankfull..most of all...BE HAPPY..//Alfie...:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 3, 2021, 2:10 pm

So for Breakfast today i made one of my favv's...Thin Vanilla Whey Panncakes with slicked Kiwi and a "dollop" of Vanilla Icecream..coffee..Peanut Butter Sandwich with half a sliced banana..Nutmed and Cinnamon on top..ahhh what a great treat this morning.

And lucnh today consist of 50-60 gram of Spaghetti leftovers + 160 gram of Salmon..Sliced Tomatoes topped with 1 Tabelspoon of Mills Majjo.

Life is good,food is good..2% is better then Zero,right?....//Alfie wish you all a happy day..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 14, 2021, 12:05 pm

Brekkie today,same as the last couple of days..4 Poach eggs..Wasa Sport crispbread caviar and grated cheees..And as always the Peanut butter sandwich is already downed with a cup of coffee done from freshly grounded coffee beans.

Foodprepp this morning:

SIX ready to eat lunch boxes in the freezer..just to add carbs source like Basmati Rice,Sweetpoatoe or spaghetti,easy peasy.

Stay lean and healthy boys...//Alfie..:-)

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 14, 2021, 7:54 pm

Lunch:
Salad with pinto beans.
Dinner:

Mushroom bourguignon on mashed potatoes.
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 19, 2021, 6:38 pm

Today a light lunch...

And a high carb dinner...

No meat Lentil Bolognese sauce. Asparagus and garlic bread.
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 19, 2021, 6:52 pm

=D> =D> for you Jello.Everything looks healthy and jummy,well i think i know ONE that wouldn't touch it..or maybe i'm wrong,what you say Mr.Khun Paul?

Anyway,Jello i had carbs to today,meduim high intake and the reason is nearly 2 hours of bicycle ride + 30 min of rubberband exercises.Meatsause and spagetthi..desert Cantaloupe..i'm full ;-)

More to read regarding the 8 amazing Health Benefits of Cantaloupe here:

https://www.nutrition-and-you.com/cantaloupe.html

No pics from me today folks,but Jellos tasty pics is enough to make one hungry ;-)Thank Jello for your foodinfo and pics.

Stay healthy everyone..//Alfie..:-)

Return to “Health & Beauty”