Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Jello
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by Jello » July 11, 2022, 10:50 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 11, 2022, 5:11 pm
..The problem i have is to get enough calories in on a daily basis..healthy calories that is.With my daily cardio and mabe 2-3 times strengt training with my exercise bands..and i keep losing weight..
((Alfie..:-)
Have you considered that doing cardio exercises every day may be preventing you from gaining weight?

UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 12, 2022, 5:27 pm

Jello wrote:
July 11, 2022, 10:50 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
..The problem i have is to get enough calories in on a daily basis..healthy calories that is.With my daily cardio and mabe 2-3 times strengt training with my exercise bands..and i keep losing weight..
((Alfie..:-)
Have you considered that doing cardio exercises every day may be preventing you from gaining weight?
What can i say other then i love my cardio sessions to much..And it's good for the "ticker" and my artos that i have in my right knee after 11 surgerys after a accident were i got glas bits in my knee joint..that was 30 years ago Jello..But i know Jello that your point is point on ;-)..but i guess i rather do my cardio then sitting doing nothing all day long.I'm going to have my thyroid checked to just in case..What about you Jello,how does your cholesterol hinder you to be anything other then a lightweigth same as me..i assume.Don't you do any cardio/weigths training..I know you said you do garden work ,what more.Anyway,i a happy twig i rather be that then a owerweight/obese person for sure.Take care Jello and everyone else following this topic/thread..:-)...//Alfie

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 12, 2022, 9:39 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 12, 2022, 5:27 pm
i rather do my cardio then sitting doing nothing all day long.
I wasn’t suggesting that you stop cardio, just cut back a day or two to see if it makes a difference. But now I’m confused by your postings.
DuiDui49 wrote:
..but i want to gain some weight,
DuiDui49 wrote:
Anyway,i a happy twig
You seemed to be lamenting in one that you cannot gain weight, then in the next your happy being thin. I can’t see a point to your posts other than you just want to gloat about what a great metabolism you have?
Ok, I’m very impressed with you Alfie. :lol:
UFF DA!

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » July 12, 2022, 10:02 pm

I don’t understand how eating healthy makes it difficult to consume enough calories to gain good weight.
Eat more often it’s simple.
You should be all over the amount of protein, carbs & fats you require with your healthy life research.
Maybe you need more than resistance bands to stimulate muscle growth.
Pump a bit of iron brother

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 13, 2022, 12:59 pm

Jello wrote:
July 12, 2022, 9:39 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
i rather do my cardio then sitting doing nothing all day long.
I wasn’t suggesting that you stop cardio, just cut back a day or two to see if it makes a difference. But now I’m confused by your postings.
DuiDui49 wrote:
..but i want to gain some weight,
DuiDui49 wrote:
Anyway,i a happy twig
You seemed to be lamenting in one that you cannot gain weight, then in the next your happy being thin. I can’t see a point to your posts other than you just want to gloat about what a great metabolism you have?
Ok, I’m very impressed with you Alfie. :lol:
Sorry Jello,maybe my way of "explaning"that is is not up to snuff ;-)-Yes i'm a happy twig,a lean mashine with a sexpack to show at 64..At the same time i want to try and gain some qualiry meat on my twiggy body,BUT not to the extent that i will eating nything with emty calories..i rather be a lightweigth then being a overweight one..okey Jello..follow me?And yes i will try to do cardio a bit less..and maybe more of my Exercise bands..And -YES i think i have a VERY high metabolism..Googlr says this:Is it good if your metabolism is high?
Having a high metabolism has its benefits; people with a ​high metabolism​ tend to burn calories faster than people with a low metabolism. On the other hand, having a ​fast metabolism​ can make it challenging to gain weight or maintain a healthy diet.
..and fully agree..I try my best to eat healthy,have a good BP and sugar..and happy to say that i'm now in a better range with my Tri's and HDL/LDH...just by changing diet a bit..still on the higer end with both values but i and my latest blodtest shows improvment,happy with that.Gloat was NOT my intention at all with my post Jello..i'm proud owner of a lean mashine..but want to tune my engine for more output/weightgain..Hope my post made that cristall clear..like mud ;-)

//Alfie..:-)

https://www.livestrong.com/article/5103 ... lifestyle/

Jepp more weights would be nice but with a knee who is put mildly,not in a good shape and then a lowerback surgery 25 years ago that failed i have to be very very careful what i do..bicyling works like a charm..but more weight is schedule for sure..//Alfie....Forgot,eating healthy is difficult belive me..i even try to eat/snacks/smoothies when i'm not really hungry,well it makes me..bloated..So in short,it's hard for me to eat surplus basal metabolic rate for me.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 14, 2022, 7:18 am

tamada wrote:
July 11, 2022, 9:06 pm
Quick question for GT93.

Are you on any sort of recognized dietary regimen?
I'm a vegan. Just over 20 years. I'm an ethical rather than health vegan so if being a vegan say 20 years ago would have reduced my life expectancy by 2 years, I would still have become a vegan. Even back then the science seemed to say it enhanced health. The evidence now is overwhelming. In the last say 3 to 5 years the supermarkets have been flooded with vegan junk food. The advantages of being vegan might now be diminishing. I've been following food health issues for decades. Youtube makes that easy. I find the science (and corporate junk science) interesting. And that includes what meat eaters should be doing to improve their health.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 14, 2022, 7:36 am

grievous wrote:
July 12, 2022, 10:02 pm
I don’t understand how eating healthy makes it difficult to consume enough calories to gain good weight.
Eat more often it’s simple.
Yes, or eat some more calorie dense foods such as nuts. I think there's research showing those who frequently eat a small amount of nuts a day live longer. I saw somewhere recently that Obama eats 6 almonds a day. Elite mainstream doctors are getting up to speed on nutrition.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 14, 2022, 8:04 am

GT93 wrote:
July 14, 2022, 7:18 am
tamada wrote:
July 11, 2022, 9:06 pm
Quick question for GT93.

Are you on any sort of recognized dietary regimen?
I'm a vegan. Just over 20 years. I'm an ethical rather than health vegan so if being a vegan say 20 years ago would have reduced my life expectancy by 2 years, I would still have become a vegan. Even back then the science seemed to say it enhanced health. The evidence now is overwhelming. In the last say 3 to 5 years the supermarkets have been flooded with vegan junk food. The advantages of being vegan might now be diminishing. I've been following food health issues for decades. Youtube makes that easy. I find the science (and corporate junk science) interesting. And that includes what meat eaters should be doing to improve their health.
My sister is an ethical vegan, must be nearer forty years on the path of, "I can't eat anything that has a face." That was her counter to health vegan friends who said shrimp didn't count. Her two kids were brought up vegan but my niece appears to have fallen off that wagon. She is overweight which bucks the family's genetic trend. My more culinary ascetic nephew has recently made me aware of some really interesting and exciting dining options though. Consequently, my chick pea curry is to die for.

I've noticed whole freezers given over to vegan options at Tops and Villa. Is this opinion on vegan "junk food" because it will encourage the same unhealthy eating habits as the carnivores as in quick microwave snacking and instant gratification? I can't imagine they're abusing the tenets of being meat and/or preservative-free.

FWIW, my sister, in her mid-late 60's had a couple of debilitating strokes last year. Not overweight by any means but quite a heavy smoker for a long time and as she says herself, she probably didn't take the dogs for long enough walks. Luckily for her, being under care during Covid lockdowns in the UK, they did manage to serve her dietary preferences without too much of a hassle thanks to the more sophisticated vegan food market and overall awareness of the benefits claimed.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 14, 2022, 2:01 pm

The question of vegan junk food being unhealthy is a matter of what your comparing it too. I think mock meats are healthier that the meat their trying to imitate but not as healthy as say a broccoli and tofu stir fry with some brown rice for example.
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 15, 2022, 7:27 pm

Broccoli tofu stir fry with red rice-

Recipe here:
https://youtu.be/XORa7QtjRi8
8)
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 17, 2022, 7:53 am

Weight gainer smoothie,my own concoction:

Good morning my friends!
Here is a smoothie recipe from me that I started with recently as Breakfast meal:
* 1 hel Vietnamese Advocado.
* 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Isolate (50gr protein)
* 15 grams Goijberrys + 1 tablespoon Organic Flaxseed (Malen) +1 tablespoon with Chiaseeds..these 3 I run together in a little mixer 30sec.
* 1 Frozen Banana sliced.
* 15 grams of Frozen Blueberries from Peru..there were no Swedish on Big-C 😉
* Cold water 0.5 l
* 2 racks with ice cubes .... Run everything in the mixer until the creaminess is achieved approx. 2 min.
Tastes good for me anyway..And no talk about how healthy this smoothie is. Try if you want to replace a meal with food or just as a snack-between-meal.
// Alfe..:-)....Wish you a nice weekend.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 17, 2022, 10:49 am

GT93 wrote:
July 14, 2022, 7:18 am
In the last say 3 to 5 years the supermarkets have been flooded with vegan junk food.
tamada wrote:
July 14, 2022, 8:04 am
Is this opinion on vegan "junk food" because it will encourage the same unhealthy eating habits as the carnivores as in quick microwave snacking and instant gratification? I can't imagine they're abusing the tenets of being meat and/or preservative-free.
This video breaks down what goes into the beyond burger:

8)
UFF DA!

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » July 17, 2022, 12:13 pm

well i,m just a few days short of 6 months ( 27th Jan ) when told i was diabetic and needed to loose weight , and i,ve just passed my 30 kg goal .... from 112 kg down to 82 kg ,
i,m not sure if i did it the correct way, no doctors no diet foods no drugs , just i hope a bit of common sense about what makes you fat and what keeps you fat , kept off the booze , deep fried food , cheese and butter thats about it and a bit of exercise thrown in when i could ,
feel much better but a bit of a bummer now many of my clothes dont fit .....

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 17, 2022, 12:40 pm

timmy wrote:
July 17, 2022, 12:13 pm
i,ve just passed my 30 kg goal .... from 112 kg down to 82 kg ,
Well done, that’s quite an accomplishment! =D> =D> =D> =D>
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 17, 2022, 12:57 pm

timmy wrote:
July 17, 2022, 12:13 pm
well i,m just a few days short of 6 months ( 27th Jan ) when told i was diabetic and needed to loose weight , and i,ve just passed my 30 kg goal .... from 112 kg down to 82 kg ,
i,m not sure if i did it the correct way, no doctors no diet foods no drugs , just i hope a bit of common sense about what makes you fat and what keeps you fat , kept off the booze , deep fried food , cheese and butter thats about it and a bit of exercise thrown in when i could ,
feel much better but a bit of a bummer now many of my clothes dont fit .....
=D> =D> =D> =D> Your body will show you how gratefull it is in many diffrent ways timmy...stick with the things that works for you..and yes you have done a superb job with just some common sence..

//Alfie..:-)

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 17, 2022, 3:50 pm

Breakfast, red fried rice and a smoothie.

Lunch, corn chowder, carrot sticks with home made hummus.

Corn Chowder Recipe here: https://nutritionfacts.org/recipe/corn-chowder/
8)
UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 17, 2022, 6:44 pm

Jello wrote:
July 17, 2022, 3:50 pm
Breakfast, red fried rice and a smoothie.

Lunch, corn chowder, carrot sticks with home made hummus.

Corn Chowder Recipe here: https://nutritionfacts.org/recipe/corn-chowder/
8)
Jello,do you any clue how many calories you try to consume every day,in average?Were do you manly get your protein/fat sources from?Rtw,thanks for the link to the recipes :-)

//Alfie

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 17, 2022, 8:07 pm

Jello wrote:
July 14, 2022, 2:01 pm
The question of vegan junk food being unhealthy is a matter of what your comparing it too. I think mock meats are healthier that the meat their trying to imitate but not as healthy as say a broccoli and tofu stir fry with some brown rice for example.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 17, 2022, 9:00 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 17, 2022, 6:44 pm
Jello,do you any clue how many calories you try to consume every day,in average?Were do you manly get your protein/fat sources from?Rtw,thanks for the link to the recipes :-)
I don’t count calories. I eat a wide variety of plant based Whole Foods.

Most whole foods have some amount of protein. I did take a page out of your book and started adding a scoop of pea protein to my morning smoothie.

Some of the higher protein foods are- Nuts, seeds, tofu and soy products, beans, brown, red and wild rice, oats, nutritional yeast, even veggies and fruit have small amounts of protein.

Healthy Fats - Avocados, Nuts, Chia Seeds, Coconut, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Flaxseeds,
Dark Chocolate.

Some numbers here:
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ve ... rces-chart
https://vegfaqs.com/vegan-foods-high-fat/
8)
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 18, 2022, 5:55 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 17, 2022, 8:07 pm
Tasty, but unnecessary for a healthy diet.

“There are virtually no nutrients in animal based foods that are not better provided by plants.”
-Dr T Colin Campbell

8)
UFF DA!

Return to “Health & Beauty”