Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by DuiDui49 » April 29, 2021, 8:48 am

Goodmorning Forum Members !

Today i show you yesterday foodprepp,frezzer i full now ;-)

Macro have this excellent Aussie Minced Beef,500 gr now for 179Bath (read yesterday).Bought two packs.
Over to Big-C,Veggies..Organic if possible..Baby Carrots,Toa Fuckjaow ;-)..Chilli..Mushrooms..Bellpeppers..Garlic..Scharlott onions.

When all the washing of Veggies is done the water looks like THIS:Image..so my advice..don't skip that step.That bit of foodprepping takes it's time but i think well worth it.And as a retired i have all the time in the world...

Started with frying up the two packs of Aussie Minced Beef..seasoningi use for this is.
*Scharlott Onions,Garlic,Salt,Freshly grounded Black Pepper,Soy and Red Chilli,Nutmeg a pinch and Cummin..in with the Beef...Medium heat..When done,aprox..10 min..I trow everything in a big pan together with ALL my Veggies..ad 1 Bottle of Tomato Sause and Tomatoe Paste..let is simmer for 30-45 min on very low heat..last 5 min i ad SourCream 4 tabelspoons..taste..maybe ad some more herbs...DONE.

Time from start to finish..2-3 hours..Wich i think is well invested time.

Her's the pics:

My just done Lunch:
Image...jummy added some Fresh Parmensan...ahhhh.

This made me in total of aprox..12 meals..11 in the Freezer..one already in my tummy ;-)

Have a good and healthy day everyone..//Alfie

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 29, 2021, 9:27 am

Good pics Alfie.

My fav at the moment is a nice piece of poached salmon and two boiled eggs ... all be it eggs are a bit high on cholesterol they are packed with goodness and only circa 77 calories each.. chuck =; (sorry) a poached or boiled egg on some nice veggies or baked rice with cereal and bingo a substancial meal at around 300 calories.

Egg info

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ho ... ld-you-eat

Due to the current stay home n dry covid regs its been pretty easy to refrain from the amber nectar .. still struggling with bread tho.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 29, 2021, 9:35 am

Hey Alfi ,if your worried about pesticides and other chemicals ,the best way to make sure your not eating nasties is to clean your fruit and veg in water with baking soda. Mix 10g of baking soda per one Lt of water ,soak the veg for 15 mins and then rinse. Removes 95%+ of any chemical residues .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » April 29, 2021, 9:52 am

papafarang wrote:
April 29, 2021, 9:35 am
Hey Alfi ,if your worried about pesticides and other chemicals ,the best way to make sure your not eating nasties is to clean your fruit and veg in water with baking soda. Mix 10g of baking soda per one Lt of water ,soak the veg for 15 mins and then rinse. Removes 95%+ of any chemical residues .
Goodmorning my hardworking friend..Yepp,that's the only thing i forgot to mention,Baking Soda.I use that everytime,guess that's why the water looks like that.But thanks anyway Dean :-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » April 29, 2021, 10:09 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 29, 2021, 9:27 am
Good pics Alfie.

My fav at the moment is a nice piece of poached salmon and two boiled eggs ... all be it eggs are a bit high on cholesterol they are packed with goodness and only circa 77 calories each.. chuck =; (sorry) a poached or boiled egg on some nice veggies or baked rice with cereal and bingo a substancial meal at around 300 calories.

Egg info

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ho ... ld-you-eat

Due to the current stay home n dry covid regs its been pretty easy to refrain from the amber nectar .. still struggling with bread tho.

DM
Goodmorning DM.Like i said before,counting your cal is the ONLY way to know if you\re doing the right thing when it comes to loose weight.Get a Kitchen scale DM..use it until you feel comfortable to eyeing your meals..And the 10 kilo you lost was like i told you only&mostly water,not fat.Protein keep your hunger away same with fat..carbs not so good.
And most of all,logg everything in your phone/or app..do it for a couple of weeks,sit down and count everything logged...First THEN you know if you\re doing things right..And trust me on that.
Eat many and small meals.like me foodprepping..got hungry..had some grilled Salmon on two pices of Fullkorn Crisp Bread..and halv a Sweet potatoe...hunger gone.

And the Beers,you know your own weaknesses and that's Beer and alot of them right..like the buzz/taste and company they bring.. right..so just don't drink ANY Beer at all...until the time and weight is under YOUR controll.The faster you implement this the funnier it gets..read loosing some seroius weight (fat)not only waterweight.But UNTILL you start writing and stop BS:ing Steve the sooner you get results..And trust me on that.Start by be TOTALLY honest with what/when and how/were you eat..LOGGED IT..then post it here in this thread so you can share with all the other Overweight Farangs..*sarcasm*...ehh maybe not.Goodluck Steve.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 1, 2021, 11:12 am

Good morning Dear Forum readers,hope you have a good day.

Her's a Cal/Mealplanner you can have a look at,gaining or loosing weith..just one of many Online.

https://www.strongrfastr.com/app/meal_plan/single

Take care a take care of yourself..//Alfie

PS.Monthly fee around 5US...per year..60US..= 2 Cases of Lao Dark..cheap i would say..What you think?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 1, 2021, 12:07 pm

Thanks for any advice offered.

After the blow out at Christmas n New Year its been approx 3 weeks since i cranked up my change in diet etc, it took a week for my stomach to realize there was something going on and smaller portions now fill me up easily ... my current method / plan on eating healthy and loosing a bit of weight seems to be working ok .. slow but sure ... i was over 115 kg now 109 kg hoping for 105 next week then 100 ... not at the serious point of making logs or weighing what i eat just take it a week at a time.

I am eating way less portion size and a lot more healthy .. gone are fried foods, curries , cakes /desserts , dairy / cheese etc .. i am eating lots of fish , boiled chicken eggs (poached or boiled) also lots of fruit n veg and limiting bread to a minimal slice or 2 of wholewheat or rye... when feeling hungry just eat fruit.. a treat is sugar free oat cookie with a black coffee.

Booze not been an issue to stop out with the current covid regs tho i do allow myself one day per week for a slurp of the amber nectar ..thats a slurp not a session as before.

Exercise walking the dogs and will get a bike in the future post covid..

DM ..

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 1, 2021, 2:36 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 1, 2021, 12:07 pm

After the blow out at Christmas n New Year its been approx 3 weeks since i cranked up my change in diet etc, it took a week for my stomach to realize there was something going on and smaller portions now fill me up easily ... my current method / plan on eating healthy and loosing a bit of weight seems to be working ok .. slow but sure ... i was over 115 kg now 109 kg hoping for 105 next week then 100 ... not at the serious point of making logs or weighing what i eat just take it a week at a time. DM,if you NOT choose to know how may cal.your eating every day then you only/mostly only going to loose waterweight,to acually loose FAT you have to be on a cal,deficit (A calorie deficit occurs when you consistently provide your body with fewer calories than it needs to support calorie expenditure.)If not,your weight is going to be Jo-Jo,up and done until yopu give upp.It's like a smoker or any other addicit,you will fall back to your bad habits,sooner then later.But up-to-you.

I am eating way less portion size and a lot more healthy .. gone are fried foods, curries , cakes /desserts , dairy / cheese etc .. i am eating lots of fish , boiled chicken eggs (poached or boiled) also lots of fruit n veg and limiting bread to a minimal slice or 2 of wholewheat or rye... when feeling hungry just eat fruit.. a treat is sugar free oat cookie with a black coffee...Oats are carbs,carbs are what DM? (Carbohydrates are converted into sugar when digested and increase sugar levels in the blood stream. )

Booze not been an issue to stop out with the current covid regs tho i do allow myself one day per week for a slurp of the amber nectar ..thats a slurp not a session as before. So honest what is a "slurp"for you DM..honest now ;-)

Exercise walking the dogs and will get a bike in the future post covid..Good on you DM..see you for a bikeride soon then??

DM ..

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 1, 2021, 3:09 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 1, 2021, 2:36 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

After the blow out at Christmas n New Year its been approx 3 weeks since i cranked up my change in diet etc, it took a week for my stomach to realize there was something going on and smaller portions now fill me up easily ... my current method / plan on eating healthy and loosing a bit of weight seems to be working ok .. slow but sure ... i was over 115 kg now 109 kg hoping for 105 next week then 100 ... not at the serious point of making logs or weighing what i eat just take it a week at a time. DM,if you NOT choose to know how may cal.your eating every day then you only/mostly only going to loose waterweight,to acually loose FAT you have to be on a cal,deficit (A calorie deficit occurs when you consistently provide your body with fewer calories than it needs to support calorie expenditure.)If not,your weight is going to be Jo-Jo,up and done until yopu give upp.It's like a smoker or any other addicit,you will fall back to your bad habits,sooner then later.But up-to-you.

I am eating way less portion size and a lot more healthy .. gone are fried foods, curries , cakes /desserts , dairy / cheese etc .. i am eating lots of fish , boiled chicken eggs (poached or boiled) also lots of fruit n veg and limiting bread to a minimal slice or 2 of wholewheat or rye... when feeling hungry just eat fruit.. a treat is sugar free oat cookie with a black coffee...Oats are carbs,carbs are what DM? (Carbohydrates are converted into sugar when digested and increase sugar levels in the blood stream. )

Booze not been an issue to stop out with the current covid regs tho i do allow myself one day per week for a slurp of the amber nectar ..thats a slurp not a session as before. So honest what is a "slurp"for you DM..honest now ;-)

Exercise walking the dogs and will get a bike in the future post covid..Good on you DM..see you for a bikeride soon then??

DM ..
Until DM gets his bike just tie him behind yours Alfie 😅 pounds will fall off quickly 😂

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 1, 2021, 3:15 pm

dunroaming wrote:
May 1, 2021, 3:09 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
May 1, 2021, 2:36 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM ..
Until DM gets his bike just tie him behind yours Alfie 😅 pounds will fall off quickly 😂 :D :D Guess weight will fall off me too whith all that extra weight behind me.. ;) Take care my friend.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 1, 2021, 3:16 pm

Im happy and comfortable how its going .. thats the main thing.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 1, 2021, 4:30 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 1, 2021, 3:16 pm

DM
Translation: "Less than 24-hours to go before getting bladdered!"

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 1, 2021, 4:50 pm

tamada wrote:
May 1, 2021, 4:30 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
and there's me thinking pie and mash for tomorrows lunch
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 1, 2021, 4:57 pm

papafarang wrote:
May 1, 2021, 4:50 pm
tamada wrote:
May 1, 2021, 4:30 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
and there's me thinking pie and mash for tomorrows lunch
A nice slimmers veg pie n mash plus a fresh orange juice to burn off the fat.... marvelous.

Its all about the willpower ..

DM

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 1, 2021, 5:05 pm

Dinner is served:Minced Beef,Veggies,Basmati Rice..Yoghurt..Hot Sause..Everything served on Tandori Garlic Bread

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 2, 2021, 9:46 am

Well today is the day i allow myself a few shandies and possibly even a pie being as Sunday roast is off the menu.. i will however abstain from a cheescake or bannoffee dessert .... alas if Brit custard tarts are available i may cave .

DM

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 2, 2021, 4:35 pm

Up late,06.15..The usuall freshly brewed coffee and wholewheat (1 slice)bread whith Peanut Butter sliced banana nutmeg and cinnamon on top.0.5l of water 3-4 cl AppelCider Vinegar halv of a Lemon..refreshinly sour ;-).Packed my backpack for an early bicycleride to see my stepdaugther..just behind the Goverment Hospital..around 15km.And it turned out to be her day off,bummer..so just went the 15 km back home.Total of 2.5 hours.

Home,after a shower had a Wheyprotein drink mixed with halv a banana,Greeen Tea,Nutmeg and Cinnamon..ice.One hour later aprox 70 gram of Basmatirice,120gr Sesabass,Plumtomatoes Balsamic Dressing.

Dessert: Image...Pic taken earlyer...but dessert the same.

Have a good Sunday evening everyone..//Alfie

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 2, 2021, 4:39 pm

Oops,forgot the pic of my dinner for later today.
Marinaten chicken in Yougurt,Fresh Rosemary,Cummin,Blackpepper,Chilli,Salt,Onion and Garlic.Overnight in the fridge..Ovenbaked...one of my favs.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 7, 2021, 7:40 pm

Mango season so a couple cubed with fat & sugar free plain yogurt

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 19, 2021, 12:39 pm

This late morning breakfast/lunch.

--------------------------------------Whey Vanilla Protein Panncakes with Fresh Mango and Greek Yougurt..Rostasted Almonds Cranberrys..Nutmeg and Cinnamon.

Return to “Health & Beauty”