Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
samsam
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by samsam » October 21, 2022, 4:13 pm

Sweet potatos have 15% less calories than potatos, not a big win there, but if you frye them in? I dont know 🙏

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » November 4, 2022, 1:38 pm

Todays food for thought:I lived here in Thailand for 20 years now as Retired.And my question is why most of all the retirees are NOT taking care of them self in a more healthy way.Over weight/obese being ONE of the most common things i see,and we all know that i will sooner rather then later cause problems.High BP,Cholesterol..and more.And YES i know turning the tide from laziness to a more healthy lifestyle is not easy,but it can be done.Say NO to medicin,be preventive and take charge over your Retirement years/life.Make a plan and educate yourself regarding healthy living..just do everything in moderation and you will be on your way to a healthier lifestyle for sure..My thoughts only.

"How do I stay healthy and live over 100?
My top 5.
I’ve celebrated the 20th anniversary of my 50th birthday and plan to live to 100. I’ll keep you posted.
1. Stop backwards.
The majority of people over 70 are overweight, sedentary, and eat junk. Add to that smoking anything and consuming excess alcohol and it’s no wonder people die young. Instead, before anything else, stop heading backwards and start walking forward. And it’ll take you a long way towards 100.
2. Natural health.
The majority of people over 70 in the U.S. take prescription drugs. The most prescribed include drugs to control cholesterol, blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes and indigestion. And all have listed potential serious side effects. Instead, learn how to build health naturally instead of pharmaceutically. And head towards 100.
3. Purpose.
The majority of people over 70 are retired. They spent a lifetime with a purpose to live. Then they retire, struggle with boredom and often have little purpose to live a long time. And too often die young. Instead, keep working at something you enjoy which gives you purpose and a reason to live long. And keep living to 100.
4. Love.
Many people over 70 live lonely lives. Their spouse may be gone. Their children live at a distance. Friends have passed. And they find themselves lonely with little motivation to live long. Instead, engage with those you love and make new friends. Loved people live long. And love living to 100.
5. Expect.
Many people over 70 sort of shut down in life. They figure life is short anyway so they might as well do exactly what they want. Watch TV, eat and drink what they want and not do anything they don’t feel like doing. Unfortunately their expectation becomes their reality. Instead, expect you can live long if you live smart. Then, more than likely, your expectation will become reality. And hopefully to 100.
Certainly, living to 100 isn’t guaranteed for any of us. But pursuing the wrong things will probably guarantee you won’t. It’s your choice.
And I’m planning to live to 100. I’ll keep you posted.
Longevity, for most, is determined far more by plan than by luck.

Post source Quora by Doug Armey.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » November 6, 2022, 7:35 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
November 4, 2022, 1:38 pm
And I’m planning to live to 100. I’ll keep you posted.
Longevity, for most, is determined far more by plan than by luck.[/i][/b]
Post source Quora by Doug Armey.
Doug Armey: I’m planning to live to 100.

122 year old Jeanne Calment: Hold my beer….
Alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates and sweets - The secrets of a long life?

In these health-conscious days of carefully balanced diets, fitness regimes and workouts, it is worth asking what kind of lifestyle the astonishing Madame Calment had enjoyed for so long.
The answer comes as a shock. It turns out that she was a gourmet who liked alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates and sweets. As well as her sweet tooth, she was fond of cheap red wine, fois gras and a rich local stew.
When she reached the age of 117, doctors advised her to give up drinking port and they tried to stop her smoking. Somehow she managed to fool them and was caught by a photographer puffing away on a cigarette the following year.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... -life.html

Memento mori 8)
Last edited by Jello on November 6, 2022, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » November 6, 2022, 7:45 pm

UFF DA!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » November 7, 2022, 1:20 pm

Jello wrote:
November 6, 2022, 7:45 pm
My Sunday dinner, vegan meatloaf and gravy:

Recipe:
https://www.noracooks.com/vegan-meatloaf/
https://www.noracooks.com/easy-vegan-gravy/
8)
Hi Jello..been missing you and your post laetly..good to see you back posting here :-)

Her's some of my latest "food creations"

LUNCH:

250 gram av New Zeeland Minced Lamb.
Freschly minced Rose Mary,1 small Red onion minced/diced.Freshly grided Black Pepper,5 smaller Garlic cloves.Mixed everything together and let it "marinate" for 2 hours.
Olive oil a one twig of Rose Mary..fryed 4 pices of Lamb...Basmati Rice,Tomatoes a had some Yougurt/sweet chiili (sugar free)BP and salt sause that i used for the tomates.Looks like this:

//Alfie..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » December 17, 2022, 6:28 am

God morning guys !

If you're struggling with your health/diet and overweight..give yourself 10 min.and have a look at this video,please.Knowledge is never a heavy burdon to carry,but overweight is.

https://youtu.be/yEOXEsPQP6Q

https://youtu.be/uAJ6-X3ESS4

//Alfie..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » December 17, 2022, 3:14 pm

Educate your self and be preventive:

"Writer/Source of article:Ray Schilling..Quora.
The Potsdam (or EPIC) study has shown that adhering to 4 simple things can reduce
Diabetes by 93%
Heart attacks by 81%
Strokes by 50%
All cancers by 36%.
What were those 4 points?
Not smoking
Exercising 3.5 hours a week
Eating a healthy diet
And maintaining a healthy weight
So with a few more points added it is no wonder that the figures can be even more impressive.
What lifestyle changes can I make to reduce my risk of cardiovascular disease?
The INTERHEART study
Other studies have also shown the importance of lifestyle changes to improve health outcomes; the INTERHEART study was based on 30,000 people in 52 countries that were followed along. Researchers found that 90 percent of all heart disease could be prevented by simple lifestyle changes. I have added another point, regular exercise that has been proven to be very effective in preventing many diseases.
So, what are the 8 points that can assure that our health improves?
1.Avoid that heart attack with a colorful, plant-based diet
Your dietary intake is important, because it provides all of the building blocks for your body. You want whole foods that are rich in phytonutrients. Often rainbow colors are mentioned, because the more varied your vegetables look, the more balanced the micronutrients, vitamins and minerals in the food items. Below we will learn that we want to avoid processed foods and hydrogenated fats, but we want to increase fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
2. Avoid that heart attack by stabilizing your blood sugar
Never eat refined carbs alone, as this goes chases up your blood sugar levels and causes unhealthy insulin reactions. Too much insulin production causes inflammation in the body, which can cause inflammatory bowel disease, arthritis, clogged arteries with heart attacks and strokes and Alzheimer’s disease. Learn About The Connection Of Arthritis and Heart Disease Now. You want to balance complex carbs from vegetables with healthy fats and clean protein in every meal. Avoid sugars- no matter whether it is “natural brown” or white sugar and refined carbohydrates. Your pancreas does not differentiate between honey and other sugars, and it will react the same way!
3.Avoid that heart attack by increasing fiber intake
The more fiber you can tolerate, the better. 50 grams would be ideal, but not everybody can tolerate this due to bloating or a queasy stomach. But even if you can add 5 or 10 grams of fiber per day, this is progress. Fiber decreases LDL cholesterol by intervening with the enterohepatic pathway. Fiber is found in nuts, beans, vegetables, seeds and berries that have lower sugar in them. You can also take a fiber supplement directly like psyllium husk.
4.Avoid that heart attack by cutting out processed foods
Processed foods and junk foods are popular as they fill you up fast when you are hungry. But they need to be avoided at all costs. Sodas, juices and diet drinks affect your sugar and fat metabolism. The extra calories that come from sugary drinks are the biggest contributors to diabetes, heart disease and obesity. Even 100% fruit juice is not healthy, because all of the fiber is removed and you are drinking sugar water to which your pancreas reacts by producing extra insulin. As already discussed the extra insulin just causes inflammation.
Homemade lemon juice
May I suggest a homemade lemon juice that you make by squeezing ½ lemon into a glass; add a tiny bit of Stevia for sweetening and sparkling mineral water. This is a healthy drink without sugar. You can drink this as often as you want. Another component of processed food are omega-6 fatty acids. They are in processed foods, because they increase the shelf life in stores. But they cause inflammation in the body unless balanced by omega-3 fatty acids (see below).
5.Avoid that heart attack by increasing omega-3 fatty acids
Fish and seafood provide you with healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Unfortunately not all fish are healthy. Tuna is a predator fish that accumulates a lot of mercury from the polluted oceans. As a result of this it is not on my fish list. I prefer wild salmon. I also take molecularly distilled fish oil, which has omega-3 fatty acids in it. Many processed foods contain only omega-6 fatty acids, because this is the cheapest way to produce them (they are based on vegetable oils). Also avoid soybean oil, which is the most popular oil in the last few decades to foul up the omega-6 to omega-3 ratio.
Omega-6 to omega-3 ratio
This ratio should be 1:1 to 3:1, but many Americans’ omega-6 to omega-3 ratio is 6:1 to 18:1. Omega-6-fatty acids cause arthritis, heart disease and strokes. Instead you want to eat healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids contained in nuts and fish. You can also add molecularly distilled, high potency omega-3 fatty acids as a supplement to help restore the balance between omega-6 and omega-3 in your food intake.
6.Avoid that heart attack by eliminating all hydrogenated fat
Hydrogenated fat like margarine has been shown to cause accelerated hardening of the arteries, which causes heart attacks and strokes. Read labels and eliminate any food that contains hydrogenated fats. If the label indicates that you are dealing with a product containing ”partially hydrogenated oil”, stay away from it as well! Butter from grass fed cows is a healthy fat. Olive oil and coconut oil are both good cooking oils. Olive oil is also good in salad dressings.
7.Avoid that heart attack by keeping alcohol to a minimum
The problem with alcohol is that it is a cell poison. On the other hand small amounts have been show to reduce heart attacks and strokes (one glass for women, two glasses for men per day). However, due to the cell poison effect even low amounts of alcohol contribute to cancer causation, and as a result of that alcohol remains a problem. If you must consume alcohol limiting the intake to minimal amounts is prudent. Alcohol can cause ovarian cancer in women and prostate cancer in men. In both sexes pancreatic cancer can be caused by alcohol. Higher amounts of alcohol raise inflammation with elevation of blood pressure, heart attacks and strokes. One recommendation: either consume no alcohol or use alcohol in moderation. One glass does not kill you, but several ones may do it over time!
8.Avoid that heart attack by exercising regularly
Regular exercise is yet another factor that can help you to reduce heart attacks, strokes and cancer even further. I added it as point 8, because it is fundamentally such an important preventative factor. Some studies have shown as much as a 50% drop in many diseases simply by introducing regular exercise.
Conclusion
It is all about lifestyle factors. Pay attention to your diet. Add fiber, subtract sugar. Avoid processed foods, omega-6 fatty acids and hydrogenated fat. Have enough omega-3 fatty acids as fish and supplements. Keep alcohol to a minimum. Your benefits from changing these lifestyle factors, result in huge benefits. You are avoiding 90% of diabetes, 80% of heart attacks, 50% of strokes and 35% of cancers.
Published here first: avoid that heart attack
Here is my answer to your question: “What lifestyle changes can I make to reduce my risk of cardiovascular disease?” In the outline above I started with a statement: The Potsdam Study has shown that with lifestyle changes you can reduce diabetes by 93%, heart attacks by 81%, strokes by 50% and all cancers by 36%. This was achieved by not smoking, exercising 3.5 hours a week, eating a healthy diet and maintaining a healthy weight (BMI between 21.0 and 25.0). It shows you the power of lifestyle changes."
Source:Quora
I'll bet you already know this right...so do not be lazy..JUST DO IT.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 17, 2022, 7:41 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
December 17, 2022, 3:14 pm

I'll probably die before I finish reading that wall of text.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 18, 2022, 6:53 am

jackspratt wrote:
December 17, 2022, 7:41 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
December 17, 2022, 3:14 pm

I'll probably die before I finish reading that wall of text.
Agree but he does exercise his fingers finding out this stuff, keeps him busy 11111111111

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » December 18, 2022, 7:51 am

i hit my final goal of 72.5 kg this week thats 40 kgs lost since Jan 27 , now will just try to maintain this weight
and not loose any more , not sure why but my blood sugar has crept up a bit to 85 but thats still very much o.k .
might just allow myself a xmas roast to celebrate .....

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 18, 2022, 9:44 am

Fantastic effort timmy .. well done mate.

After having mi gall bladder surgery i got down to 92 kgs 2 off my target then it all went pear shaped n back up.tooooo much now ..

After a recent illness i plan is to.make 2023 the year to change and AFTER NY ..indeed from 1st iJan will be back on my previous healthy eating n more exercise regime .. first target is to.keep.on it until April n get back to my combat weight of circa 90 to 95 kgs ( im.a tall fella as u know)

You got my line details timmy ..plesse can you send ne brief details of what you have been eating to loose an incredible 40kgs .. i do have a diet plan but maybe incorporate some things from.yours.

I know beer n bread are the 2 things i will struggle to give up.totally ..

Any info much appreciated

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » December 19, 2022, 3:14 pm

timmy wrote:
December 18, 2022, 7:51 am
i hit my final goal of 72.5 kg this week thats 40 kgs lost since Jan 27 , now will just try to maintain this weight
and not loose any more , not sure why but my blood sugar has crept up a bit to 85 but thats still very much o.k .
might just allow myself a xmas roast to celebrate .....
timmy,i'm VERY VERY impressed of what you have achieved..I give you a written GOLD MEDAL for the work you've put in to loose that much weight.Regarding your blodsugar spike/getting high..go to your Doctor and just tell him you want a A1c more info found here:

https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/managing/m ... r/a1c.html

Usually a normal test of a persons blodsugar levels does not include A1C test but it's much better because it gives you a reading from the last 3 month,not 1 day.

Goodluck timmy..if you have time please share your story with other members here because i see to many people not care to much of their health..and being PREVENTIVE is the word.

//Alfie :-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » December 23, 2022, 12:07 pm

New Blood Pressure Guidelines: Mayo Clinic Radio:

https://youtu.be/2OQioS-g6oc

Get a blood pressure cuff as a Christmas present ;-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » December 30, 2022, 12:15 pm

Any New Years Resolutions?

Maybe this video wakes you up and inspire to get in shape and more healthy 2023.

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

https://youtu.be/q3I8hK3OqwY

Wish you all a healthy and happy New Year 2023 //Alfie:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 4, 2023, 8:01 pm

Mexican herbs Sweet smoked Paprika powder salt and Black pepper Marinated Chicken..Had some cream left added that together with some Broccoli and minced Carrot...2 tsp with Sambal Oelek..done.I the mixed the Japanese Beniharuka Sweet Potatoes with everything..and i tasted good-i-nam-nam..;-)Pics to follow:

There's always room for dessert.

..and yesterday my wife and my stepson wanted Macaroni Pudding..looks like this:

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 4, 2023, 8:08 pm

I started this thread October 9, 2020, 10:42..and until today i've had 49119 views and 574 replies.So i'm very happy with that..I thank you ALL who contributed :-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 10, 2023, 11:36 am

God morning guys !

My morning Bicycle cardio is done :-) Breakfast 2 is down..and while eating i was contemplating on how many of Forum members ad on to their healthy(er)breakfast is.So what is,if any,your favorite "ad on" to your diet.Not prescribe be any Doctor,just you and what you think may be good for you.
Her's mine:

Goij Berrys i grind it to a powder and add it to my smoothies and to my morning oatmeal breafast.Haven't tryed yet to make like a te infusion..going to try that later.

Morringa Powder.
I add that too to the above,oatmeal and smoothies.More info in the link..

https://youtu.be/3x4-d7-J_Mg

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supp ... ts-moringa

Golden Flax seed powder.
I add that too to the above,oatmeal and smoothies.

Chia Seeds.

I grind them to a powder to make it easier for the body/gut to absorb better.
I add that too to the above,oatmeal/porridge and smoothies.

And lastly...Whey Protein Isolate (usually Vanilla taste).
I add that too to the above,oatmeal/porridge and smoothies.1 scoop is 25 gram of protein.

That combined with a healthy base diet/food intake and exercise is my go to stay healthy and die healthy ;-)

So what's yours?

Have a healthy day everyone //Alfie :-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 14, 2023, 11:10 am

Lunch..
Yes, today's lunch for viewing ;-) and it tasted good. Toasted Rye bread, no butter just a little Virgin Olive Oil on it, fried mushrooms with red onion and a clove of garlic, salt and black pepper.. to this my 3 bean salad .

//Alfie wish you all a happy and healthy day :-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 15, 2023, 10:59 am

Recent Advances in Drumstick (Moringa oleifera) Leaves Bio active Compounds: Composition, Health Benefits, Bio accessibility, and Dietary Applications.

As you members doesn't seem to like reading long essays *sarcasm*i will quote only this last part and supply you with a link for those Members who like me like to read up on the latest research regarding this truly amazing plant.I myself started to use the Organic powder bought on Lazada just a week ago.I implement it in my daily smoothies and/or to my morning oat meal porridge.

"Conclusions and Future Aspects

Moringa oleifera leaves are recognized as important sources of micro-nutrients and phytochemicals that can be used for the development of nutraceuticals and functional foods.
Moringa leaves contain key phytochemicals, which makes this plant an essential therapeutic agent with properties such as antioxidant, anticancerous, antimicrobial, antidiabetic, and anti-inflammatory properties. The dietary applications made this plant an important candidate for the development of major food products based on Moringa oleifera leaves, providing high nutritional value with acceptable sensory properties when used up to 10% in most food products.

The food products based on these leaves showed more protein, dietary fibers, other nutrients, and important antioxidants. Moreover, consumption of moringa leaves within specific doses was also found to be safe. Overall, Moringa oleifera leaves are emerging as a prospective ingredient for developing food products that are nutritionally rich and therapeutically active.

Furthermore, more clinical trials on the medicinal effects of moringa leaves are required to assess their safety for human consumption. Secondly, researchers need to extend their work on moringa polyphenols’ bioavailability and how complexing these polyphenols with other compounds affect their bioaccessibility."

//Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8869219/

//Alfie wish you all a great day..God bless you all...and do not skip to be THANKFULL of what you have and not take it for granted..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » January 18, 2023, 6:07 pm

After 2 hours of cardio i need some Protein..so i did Protein Pancakes half a sliced banana and a drizzle of honey..jummy ;-)

Return to “Health & Beauty”