Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 1, 2020, 10:00 am

Lovely healthy Pla Nin nung manao last night at a very busy Accoustic restaurant kept my - dare i say DIET on track , alas the 11 bottles of chang were not in moderation as prescribed.. today its a healthy vegetarian sunday roast at PFs ..NO BEER.

dm

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » November 1, 2020, 11:01 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 1, 2020, 10:00 am
Lovely healthy Pla Nin nung manao last night at a very busy Accoustic restaurant kept my - dare i say DIET on track , alas the 11 bottles of chang were not in moderation as prescribed.. today its a healthy vegetarian sunday roast at PFs ..NO BEER.

dm
:shock: :shock: 11 bottles are you freaking kidding me,or rather yourself.You had 5.2 liter of beer..pint of 5% strength beer 239kcal =1 standard size Mars Bar..I understand now that the word MODERATION does not exist in vocabulary DM..11 Marsbars ..When ONE takes Mars Bar — would take 42 minutes of walking or 22 minutes of running to burn off..462 min of walking today to ONLY burn does beers..Goodluck whith that DM..Just hope it was worth it.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » November 1, 2020, 11:13 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:Lovely healthy Pla Nin nung manao last night at a very busy Accoustic restaurant kept my - dare i say DIET on track , alas the 11 bottles of chang were not in moderation as prescribed.. today its a healthy vegetarian sunday roast at PFs ..NO BEER.

dm
Only 11,
What, did the evacuation fire alarm go off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 1, 2020, 12:51 pm

You wouldnt believe the number of responses I received believing this Film This film was made by a frined of mine in Canada who comes up with these well crazy ideas.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » November 1, 2020, 1:44 pm

Air Fryer.png
i,m trying to eat a bit healthier , and must use my deepfat fryer about 3/4 times a week , so just bought a airfrier from lazada 900 baht , delivered today so not tried it yet , anybody used 1 are they any use or another use twice then throw in the back of the cupboard ...
i,ve tried to download a pic of a airfryer its NOT the 1 i bought from lazada .

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » November 1, 2020, 1:59 pm

I was looking at these in Big-C timmy. Range in price from about 1100 to 1700 bhat. Big difference in the size of the baskets. Will probably buy one soon.. If you have a pic of your one or brand name, might help me choose.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » November 1, 2020, 2:12 pm

timmy wrote:
November 1, 2020, 1:44 pm
Air Fryer.png

i,m trying to eat a bit healthier , and must use my deepfat fryer about 3/4 times a week , so just bought a airfrier from lazada 900 baht , delivered today so not tried it yet , anybody used 1 are they any use or another use twice then throw in the back of the cupboard ...
i,ve tried to download a pic of a airfryer its NOT the 1 i bought from lazada .
I've done some "research"looking in to if they are good or not.I've came up to this:

1.If i'm alone or maybe just you and your girlfriend,then it seems it could benefit you.Size is the problem here and an ordinary Convection owen is maybe a better choiche,more room ect.

2.I would say the airfryer is like the Microwawe was when it came out,alot of hype..but it's an item that i personally would not choose to be whithout.

3.Warranty..well to make a good decission here i would choose,Philips,Seagull..etc.More likely is if you have some warraty issues a brandname would be preferred.But for a try bye,i would go for a cheaper one.I've seen everything from 2 weeks warranty to 2 year..

So tell us/me how it works,why you bought it..give us a honest rating after you tryed it/trown everything at it.I personally think it's just the Microwave has it's place in the kitchen so does the Airfryer.But i might be wrong ;)

Goodluck trying it out..My 2Bath worth..//Alfie ;)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 2, 2020, 6:49 am

Anytime you deep fry stuff in a conventional fryer you are must be adding oil to your diet. I have had a Air fryer for over a year, no problems, but then I only cook chips and nuggets or hash browns, I grell most of my foods if possible and only fry in Olive Oil, my fat intake has decreased substantially , ,over time you will feel better.
Even Air frying you see the residue of the built in oil in foodstuffs. When you grill you see the vast amount of oil afterwards and to think that frying seals that in, deep fat frying adds to it, so the purchase of a Air fryer is a bonus.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 2, 2020, 7:22 am

i am using long time now an actifry
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/tefal ... l?search=1
why they get all of a sudden ridiculously expensive ,no idea , i bought mine @3.200 baht ,
the advantage of the actifry is,it is turning and moving your french fries (what i use it for) so they bake evenly ...
i would prefer this over an airfryer,
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sonar ... l?search=1
you can fry everything , make bread ,pizza ,pies.....way better and more useful than the airfryer
we are using this one way more as the actifry...
all 3 are using the same system to fry/bake , hot air circulation ...
it will all be up to your personal preferences and what you want to use it for ,as info .... ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 2, 2020, 9:14 am

The air fryer is badly named IMHO since you can also bake and grill in it. If you want evenly cooked chips, you pull out the tray with the chip basket in it, shake and flip them and stick the tray back in.

You can cook pies and sausage rolls from frozen, bake small pizzas, grill bacon, sausages, pork chops, chicken wings and breasts. I've also roasted asparagus, cauliflower florrets and Brussels sprouts.

I bought mine about 6 months ago. Gets used 4 or 5 times a week and just the right size for single-serve cooking which is what eating healthy is all about.

Make sure you get one with the detachable inner basket. I have seen cheaper ones that don't seem to have one so no idea how that works with the hot air circulation. Also makes it easier to clean.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » November 2, 2020, 9:58 am

tamada wrote:
November 2, 2020, 9:14 am
The air fryer is badly named IMHO since you can also bake and grill in it. If you want evenly cooked chips, you pull out the tray with the chip basket in it, shake and flip them and stick the tray back in.

You can cook pies and sausage rolls from frozen, bake small pizzas, grill bacon, sausages, pork chops, chicken wings and breasts. I've also roasted asparagus, cauliflower florrets and Brussels sprouts.

I bought mine about 6 months ago. Gets used 4 or 5 times a week and just the right size for single-serve cooking which is what eating healthy is all about.

Make sure you get one with the detachable inner basket. I have seen cheaper ones that don't seem to have one so no idea how that works with the hot air circulation. Also makes it easier to clean.
What modell did you buy and were?

//TIA

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 2, 2020, 10:09 am

Looked at the specs for Actifry as opposed to Airfry both have excellent qualities , maybe a good KITCHEN needs both to enable the user to keep healthy !!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 2, 2020, 10:13 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
November 2, 2020, 9:58 am
tamada wrote:

//TIA
This is the model I bought. Got if for 1350 baht 'open-box special' at Thai Watsadu in NBLP last April. Around that time, this popular model was getting scarce on lazada and the ones you could find were going for upwards of 3000 baht. Then they went out of stock. Looks like a new batch are in-country now.

Haier HAF-K25B2

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/haier ... 46230.html

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » November 2, 2020, 12:43 pm

tamada wrote:
November 2, 2020, 10:13 am
DuiDui49 wrote:
tamada wrote:

//TIA
This is the model I bought. Got if for 1350 baht 'open-box special' at Thai Watsadu in NBLP last April. Around that time, this popular model was getting scarce on lazada and the ones you could find were going for upwards of 3000 baht. Then they went out of stock. Looks like a new batch are in-country now.

Haier HAF-K25B2

the fryer you say here is only 2.5 lt and costs 1390 baht , the fryer i just bought was 5 lt and on special offer was only 899 baht , i dont know but would think the 2.5 lt would only fit about 6 chips and 2 chicken nuggets ... not much of a meal for us bigger guys ...

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 2, 2020, 12:52 pm

i did a french fries try with this one https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sonar ... l?search=1
and it is not suitable for french fries , i thought it will be ok also but i was wrong ...
good for all other baking /frying things but not french fries...as info .. ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 2, 2020, 6:33 pm

timmy wrote:
November 2, 2020, 12:43 pm
tamada wrote:
DuiDui49 wrote:
tamada wrote:

//TIA

Haier HAF-K25B2

the fryer you say here is only 2.5 lt and costs 1390 baht , the fryer i just bought was 5 lt and on special offer was only 899 baht , i dont know but would think the 2.5 lt would only fit about 6 chips and 2 chicken nuggets ... not much of a meal for us bigger guys ...
That's right timmy, you don't know.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 2, 2020, 6:38 pm

kopkei wrote:
November 2, 2020, 12:52 pm
i did a french fries try with this one https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sonar ... l?search=1
and it is not suitable for french fries , i thought it will be ok also but i was wrong ...
good for all other baking /frying things but not french fries...as info .. ;)
That's because it's a convection oven and not an air fryer.

We also have one of them with the glass bowl for doing bigger cuts and portions. Mrs tam uses it more than I do as she has mostly sussed out the temperature versus time for what she cooks. I still need to visually check in case I have cremated anything.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » November 3, 2020, 7:45 am

tamada wrote:
November 2, 2020, 6:33 pm
timmy wrote:
November 2, 2020, 12:43 pm
tamada wrote:
DuiDui49 wrote:
tamada wrote:

//TIA

Haier HAF-K25B2

That's right timmy, you don't know.
you were correct tamada , but NOW i do know looked at the same model on lazada ( Haier K25B2 ) and on youtube a frier of that size i could,nt find any use for , on youtube it says only for single small portions or very limited kitchen space , and also i think its very expensive for what you get .

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 3, 2020, 10:21 am

Arguing about fryers air or otherwise, is rather pointless as Eating healthy is mainly down to food choices, not how you prepare it ( in the cooking ). But then for those that recognise that eating healthier is good ofr them, this does also include less alcohol which many I see seem to ignore that fact , but hell, you only die once ..RIGHT !

Return to “Health & Beauty”