Lasik Treatment in Srinakarin Hospital, Khon Kaen

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
daithic
udonmap.com

Lasik Treatment in Srinakarin Hospital, Khon Kaen

Post by daithic » July 21, 2020, 6:58 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have experience of using the eye clinic of this hospital, particularily for Lasik treatment? Apparently, you can't get Lasik done in Udon, so the doctor here referred me to Srinakarin.

I'd like to know the total cost for two eyes, waiting period (both for the consultation and then the actual surgery), recovery period etc?

From what I gather, the hospital has a good reputation and it's where student doctors train, attached to Khon Kaen University. However, it seems to be like a government hospital so, if you've ever been to Udon Thani hospital, I reckon the queues would be the same if not worse.

Anyway, hope somebody has some tips for me.

Many thanks,

MF

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Lasik Treatment in Srinakarin Hospital, Khon Kaen

Post by stattointhailand » July 21, 2020, 11:52 pm

Wife had treatment there several years ago. Its a modern, state of the art facility.
Only draw back was our need to return to Udon everyday, would have been better to stay in KK for the week after op to go to daily check up as the Udon - KK - Udon trip gets a bit tedious that often

daithic
udonmap.com

Post by daithic » July 22, 2020, 11:20 am

stattointhailand wrote:
July 21, 2020, 11:52 pm
Wife had treatment there several years ago. Its a modern, state of the art facility.
Only draw back was our need to return to Udon everyday, would have been better to stay in KK for the week after op to go to daily check up as the Udon - KK - Udon trip gets a bit tedious that often
Did your wife have Lasik? Can you remember how much it cost?

Thanks.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 22, 2020, 11:55 am

She had laser treatment to correct a "sleepy eye", cant remember cost i'm afraid

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 22, 2020, 1:15 pm

I had LASIK in the UK so can only comment on recovery time, after op eye site cloudy for a couple of days then all good except the glare from lights at night that took approx 6 months To go. Not everyone ends up with the glare effect but many do. Op for both eyes was about 30 minutes max good result was happy with it.

daithic
udonmap.com

Post by daithic » July 22, 2020, 1:59 pm

dunroaming wrote:
July 22, 2020, 1:15 pm
I had LASIK in the UK so can only comment on recovery time, after op eye site cloudy for a couple of days then all good except the glare from lights at night that took approx 6 months To go. Not everyone ends up with the glare effect but many do. Op for both eyes was about 30 minutes max good result was happy with it.
Thanks for the replies so far. Another question I have is how old were you/your spouse when you had the Lasik? Anyone over 40?

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 22, 2020, 3:53 pm

I was about 41 only needed reading glasses about 5 years ago but that's due to my work. Basically 12 hours a day on a computer

Return to “Health & Beauty”