I think I had a fit ?

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3154
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by papafarang » May 2, 2020, 7:52 am

Thanks guys , I will pop down to the doc and get a blood test ,just in case


Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3415
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by saint » May 2, 2020, 8:09 am

Certainly cant do any harm , if nothing else it will put your mind as ease .
You may feel a little prick when you get there , but better that, than be a big prick and not . 555555

DuiDui49
udonmap.com
Posts: 1280
Joined: March 15, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Koh Samui

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by DuiDui49 » May 2, 2020, 8:15 am

Buy some Zink & Magnesium...helps whith cramps.Hot weather,put some extra salt on everything you eat.S T O P you-know-what..And hydrate ALOT..not beer ;-)

Take care brother Papa and have a nice day...:-)
Best regards
//DuiDui
"Exercise is individual and nutrition is queen: together, you have a kingdom."

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” 

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

DuiDui49
udonmap.com
Posts: 1280
Joined: March 15, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Koh Samui

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by DuiDui49 » May 2, 2020, 8:36 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 2, 2020, 8:15 am
Buy some Zink & Magnesium...helps whith cramps.Hot weather,put some extra salt on everything you eat.S T O P you-know-what..(Cigaretts))And hydrate ALOT..not beer ;-)

Take care brother Papa and have a nice day...:-)
Best regards
//DuiDui
"Exercise is individual and nutrition is queen: together, you have a kingdom."

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” 

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

User avatar
maaka
udonmap.com
Posts: 3095
Joined: October 9, 2007, 6:03 am

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by maaka » May 2, 2020, 3:48 pm

over 50yrs of personal experience. Fits come it all sorts of forms from light tremors and being awake, to full out nashing your teeth, frothing at the mouth, violent body spasms and unconious on the floor, or in bed, and pissing your pants..more than half the effects you named could be classed in the fit zone..get a range of tests done along with your bloods, and quickly while the effects are still there...fits can occur at any age..knock off the booze for awhile because if you had one, another could be just below the surface, like ruddy earthquakes..good luck

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1484
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by dunroaming » May 2, 2020, 3:57 pm

maaka wrote:
May 2, 2020, 3:48 pm
over 50yrs of personal experience. Fits come it all sorts of forms from light tremors and being awake, to full out nashing your teeth, frothing at the mouth, violent body spasms and unconious on the floor, or in bed, and pissing your pants..more than half the effects you named could be classed in the fit zone..get a range of tests done along with your bloods, and quickly while the effects are still there...fits can occur at any age..knock off the booze for awhile because if you had one, another could be just below the surface, like ruddy earthquakes..good luck
Very good advice and Dean I am ready to help you get off the beer just give it all to me and I will destroy it for you😁

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3415
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by saint » May 2, 2020, 4:01 pm

dunroaming wrote:
May 2, 2020, 3:57 pm
maaka wrote:
May 2, 2020, 3:48 pm
over 50yrs of personal experience. Fits come it all sorts of forms from light tremors and being awake, to full out nashing your teeth, frothing at the mouth, violent body spasms and unconious on the floor, or in bed, and pissing your pants..more than half the effects you named could be classed in the fit zone..get a range of tests done along with your bloods, and quickly while the effects are still there...fits can occur at any age..knock off the booze for awhile because if you had one, another could be just below the surface, like ruddy earthquakes..good luck
Very good advice and Dean I am ready to help you get off the beer just give it all to me and I will destroy it for you😁
I love an optimist . Optimism propels a man .

User avatar
maaka
udonmap.com
Posts: 3095
Joined: October 9, 2007, 6:03 am

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by maaka » May 2, 2020, 4:11 pm

just saying, alcohol triggers fits, its a brain thing, and IF you have just had one, more drinking could trigger a second one being so close to the first..I would not drive also until you have an answer. Would hate to hear that you, and your missus, had a motor accident

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3154
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by papafarang » May 2, 2020, 4:27 pm

Once I was a great drinker ,old age and a heart attack put paid to that. Now just a couple every two or three days. Tends the to make my heart go wobbly now days. Customers notice how I don't drink untill they already had 4-3 .the days of 6pints are just a distant memory now
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

mickojak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1357
Joined: June 3, 2012, 3:08 pm

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by mickojak » May 2, 2020, 5:21 pm

Did you get checked out today?

By a doctor, I mean :lol:

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3154
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by papafarang » May 2, 2020, 6:03 pm

mickojak wrote:
May 2, 2020, 5:21 pm
Did you get checked out today?

By a doctor, I mean :lol:
Not any chance today or tomorrow ,Monday closed so first thing Monday, got a tooth to remove as well Monday
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
laksnrub
udonmap.com
Posts: 168
Joined: April 14, 2018, 6:47 pm
Location: Udon-Karachi

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by laksnrub » May 2, 2020, 6:25 pm

Don't get the pie mixture wrong, and don't loose ya teeth in the meat either
Quality is best done first

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3154
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by papafarang » May 2, 2020, 6:54 pm

laksnrub wrote:
May 2, 2020, 6:25 pm
Don't get the pie mixture wrong, and don't loose ya teeth in the meat either
Making pies in this weather is brutal , started at 3am this morning trying to avoid the heat . Tooth going nowhere untill Monday
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com
Posts: 4003
Joined: February 13, 2006, 2:02 am
Location: Udon Thani Thailand

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by FrazeeDK » May 2, 2020, 7:25 pm

dude, listen to your body.. If you indeed had a seizure or stroke of some type you need to consult a physician. The longer you wait the more damage there may be. Of course, if you did suffer such an event you might not be able to make a rational decision to go see the doc.. If any of you guys are good buddies with him, go get him and get him to the hospital...
Dave

User avatar
maaka
udonmap.com
Posts: 3095
Joined: October 9, 2007, 6:03 am

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by maaka » May 2, 2020, 8:02 pm

I SECOND THAT...and I am an epileptic of the worse kind. There my secret of nearly 60yrs is out.
But true if this Mate of ours Papafarang has had an attack, and it seems like a major one at that, he will be disorientated, lack lustre, in denial...he sounds like he has been thru the mill already with heart conditions, but up late at night in the wee hours cooking, is another trigger for fits..he needs sleep right now...he will be exhausted after that episode, like been in a rugby scrum I think he said..true.. the body suffer huge stresses and tensions during an attack..its draining. it can take days after to get over..not good to be up late at night cooking..feck the cooking..think of yourself and your family for afew days at least...get that man to a doctor before he has another one, or a heart attack, and dies on us..Come on Mates, get in there

mickojak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1357
Joined: June 3, 2012, 3:08 pm

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by mickojak » May 2, 2020, 8:11 pm

I agree.
F@ck the pies.
Just go.
Life's short enough.
The pies can wait.
Mick

Fuzzyken
Udonmap Sponsor
Posts: 255
Joined: August 14, 2009, 6:08 pm

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by Fuzzyken » May 3, 2020, 4:15 pm

I have read with interest the subject of fits which reminds of my son who was diagnosed with epilepsy when he was 16 years of age. Our family life was turned upside down mainly due to the fact that he had fits without any warning. The fits were described as “grand mall seizures” and the intensity varied considerably and could occur on a daily basis but sometimes weeks would pass without a fit.
I could of course go into a lot more detail but for now I strongly recommend visiting a doctor and vital to take the person with you that witnessed what happened. I always accompanied my son for visits to his consultant to explain the fits that he had experienced. It is of course vital to obtain an accurate diagnosis particularly if there are other underlying health issues.
I truly hope that it is not epilepsy but get checked out ASAP

User avatar
mathusalah80
udonmap.com
Posts: 1484
Joined: November 4, 2011, 1:51 pm
Location: Ex Perth, now Udonthani

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by mathusalah80 » May 3, 2020, 6:36 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
May 2, 2020, 7:25 pm
dude, listen to your body.. If you indeed had a seizure or stroke of some type you need to consult a physician. The longer you wait the more damage there may be. Of course, if you did suffer such an event you might not be able to make a rational decision to go see the doc.. If any of you guys are good buddies with him, go get him and get him to the hospital...
EXCELLENT ADVICE =D> - SO FOLLOW IT TODAY. :-k

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 3616
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by vincemunday » May 3, 2020, 6:49 pm

Lots of people giving you sound advice here Dean, it’s lovely to see they care.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3415
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: I think I had a fit ?

Post by saint » May 4, 2020, 3:55 am

Dean , Todays Monday and i know you are up , as your an agricultural type like myself .
Your official day off , so please get yourself checked out .

Post Reply

Return to “Health & Beauty”