The UK has lost its mind.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Post Reply
User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 12740
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by stattointhailand » April 27, 2020, 1:44 pm

With no UK footie I'm sorta missin' the 01:00 - 05:00 TV watching sessions



User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 5934
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by tamada » April 27, 2020, 1:59 pm

saint wrote:
April 27, 2020, 1:22 pm
tamada wrote:
April 27, 2020, 8:55 am
saint wrote:
April 27, 2020, 8:27 am
4.Tam spitting his dummy out at every one that might not share his point of view .

Loving this game .

By the way may say 3am on the forum but for some reason thats an hour behind ! It was indeed 4 am , and if you take any notice or you feel the need to stalk me , then check my posts . Many are at that time as i am an early riser .
You should try it , its the best time of the day .
5 ) saints increasingly thin skin.
Your right . Thin skin comes with age . Oh i see , sorry i thought you meant literally , then i realised you were just being your sarcastic self .
9 ) Slow responses

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 5934
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by tamada » April 27, 2020, 2:00 pm

saint wrote:
April 27, 2020, 1:28 pm
tamada wrote:
April 27, 2020, 9:05 am
Nobody's stalking anyone here luv. The date and time of posting is on the header of each and everyone's post. Dinnae flatter yersel, awright wee man?

Despite some suddenly claiming "agricultural" working hours as their normal behavior, it does seem that more members are rising earlier, posting earlier and posting more often. Why they get all prickly about it is entirely up to them. There's only one thing worse than cabin-fever and that's denial of cabin-fever.

Of course they could've simply ---- the bed.
Well thank you for putting my mind at rest , reference the stalking .
Ive been getting up at 5.00 am or earlier for over 40 years ,and im not one to lay in bed pulling my pudding , because i wake up early . so i hope you can understand the agricultural hours .
The older you get the less sleep you need . You may well find out first hand when you grow up .
10 ) Relentless pursuit of the "last word".

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 12740
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by stattointhailand » April 27, 2020, 2:08 pm

Back on topic

Sky showing a Video of dozens of "social distancers" in Dublin ............line dancing in a car park

No conclusive evidence that the "UK has lost it's mind" but we can say for certain Dublin must have

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 5934
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by tamada » April 27, 2020, 3:13 pm

The UK plans on starting mandatory quarantine of any and all air passengers arriving from overseas.

I wont post any of the many links to UK media reporting this lest it gets the messenger shooters in another tizzy wizzy.

PS: No mention of all the Muslim fake refugees and darkies currently blocking the Channel with their rubber boats will get the same, taxpayer-funded tender loving care.

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 12740
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by stattointhailand » April 27, 2020, 3:53 pm

That will b*gger up the govt scheme of bringing Romanians in by the planeload to give "tender loving care" to our crops

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 12740
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by stattointhailand » April 27, 2020, 5:00 pm

tamada wrote:
April 27, 2020, 3:13 pm
The UK plans on starting mandatory quarantine of any and all air passengers arriving from overseas.

I wont post any of the many links to UK media reporting this lest it gets the messenger shooters in another tizzy wizzy.

PS: No mention of all the Muslim fake refugees and darkies currently blocking the Channel with their rubber boats will get the same, taxpayer-funded tender loving care.
Proof that the 14 day rule (or something similar) is imminent ........

Mike Ashleys private jet has arrived back in UK from Miami

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 12740
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by stattointhailand » April 28, 2020, 11:07 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 27, 2020, 3:53 pm
That will b*gger up the govt scheme of bringing Romanians in by the planeload to give "tender loving care" to our crops
oops that's b*ggered it ........ Useless Eustice has let slip that UK has 45000 too few immigrants to get the crops from the fields (even after they smuggled plane loads in).............. perhaps he needs to have a word in the "shell like" of bully bitch Patel and get her to add "yet another exclusion clause"

Have to congratulate Bojo on his speech in Downing Street yesterday
Even when you know he's almost certainly lying through his teeth and at best "massaging the truth" he is such a good speaker that you still end up almost believing what he is telling you

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3414
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by saint » April 29, 2020, 7:57 am

Love him or hate him , Britain needs Boris right now .
Yes , hes made mistakes , what leader hasnt during this crisis , but he has the ability to motivate people , and overall , bearing in mind he was out of action for a week , hes done well .

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4899
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 29, 2020, 8:24 am

saint wrote:
April 29, 2020, 7:57 am
Love him or hate him , Britain needs Boris right now .
Yes , hes made mistakes , what leader hasnt during this crisis , but he has the ability to motivate people , and overall , bearing in mind he was out of action for a week , hes done well .
Totally agree Boris is the right man to get the UK thru this , not scared about making tough decisions , ..imagine the thought if Corbyn was PM or for that matter the hopeless mega dithering Teresa May.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3414
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by saint » April 29, 2020, 11:17 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 29, 2020, 8:24 am
saint wrote:
April 29, 2020, 7:57 am
Love him or hate him , Britain needs Boris right now .
Yes , hes made mistakes , what leader hasnt during this crisis , but he has the ability to motivate people , and overall , bearing in mind he was out of action for a week , hes done well .
Totally agree Boris is the right man to get the UK thru this , not scared about making tough decisions , ..imagine the thought if Corbyn was PM or for that matter the hopeless mega dithering Teresa May.

DM
Jeez Jon , Doesnt bear thinking about . What a cluster f*ck it would be with either of those two oxygen wasters at the helm .
Run aground before we have left the quay . Us nautical types love to get up early as well ! :-"

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5891
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Wee rock in the middle of nowhere

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by GT93 » April 30, 2020, 1:11 am

I thought Boris was missing in action when this Coronavirus pandemic was developing and carries some responsibility for the disaster in the UK. Perhaps from here his personal struggle with Covid 19 might help him lift his game.

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3414
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by saint » April 30, 2020, 4:59 am

I think your just a troll and should stay in the playground with the other social kids , and worry less about what happens here , or Britain .

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 4412
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by Khun Paul » April 30, 2020, 9:41 am

GT93 wrote:
April 30, 2020, 1:11 am
I thought Boris was missing in action when this Coronavirus pandemic was developing and carries some responsibility for the disaster in the UK. Perhaps from here his personal struggle with Covid 19 might help him lift his game.
I really think you should worry about your own part of the globe and keep your nose out of UK Politics about which you know less than most .

samster
udonmap.com
Posts: 406
Joined: June 3, 2014, 2:16 pm

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by samster » April 30, 2020, 2:27 pm

There seems to be a lot of Brits with opinions on the American threads. His views are as valid as anyone else.

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5891
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Wee rock in the middle of nowhere

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by GT93 » April 30, 2020, 3:02 pm

I enjoy British politics:
As the coronavirus pandemic spread across the world, the British government relied on the wrong paradigm. The health secretary, Matt Hancock, has insisted that herd immunity – the idea that allowing a virus to spread will eventually build up sufficient resistance in a population – was never a “part of the plan” in the battle against Covid-19. But today’s Guardian’s investigation into the government’s early handling of the crisis leaves little room for doubt: the concept was fundamental to the government’s decision-making in the crucial months of February and March, as most of the rest of the world took a different path. It was abandoned only when it became clear that the NHS would be utterly overwhelmed and hundreds of thousands of Britons could conceivably die.

There were other reasons why Britain remained a relatively relaxed outlier in early March, as Italy, France and Spain moved towards lockdowns and Germany followed South Korea in pursuing a rigorous test, trace and contact strategy. The distraction of Brexit played a part. A reluctance on the part of Boris Johnson to overly impinge on the rights of “free-born Englishmen” also influenced government strategy.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... f-the-plan

Johnson's government seems to have chosen the wrong approach. With horrific results.

User avatar
laksnrub
udonmap.com
Posts: 159
Joined: April 14, 2018, 6:47 pm
Location: Udon-Karachi

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by laksnrub » April 30, 2020, 4:22 pm

GT93 wrote:
April 30, 2020, 3:02 pm
I enjoy British politics:
As the coronavirus pandemic spread across the world, the British government relied on the wrong paradigm. The health secretary, Matt Hancock, has insisted that herd immunity – the idea that allowing a virus to spread will eventually build up sufficient resistance in a population – was never a “part of the plan” in the battle against Covid-19. But today’s Guardian’s investigation into the government’s early handling of the crisis leaves little room for doubt: the concept was fundamental to the government’s decision-making in the crucial months of February and March, as most of the rest of the world took a different path. It was abandoned only when it became clear that the NHS would be utterly overwhelmed and hundreds of thousands of Britons could conceivably die.

There were other reasons why Britain remained a relatively relaxed outlier in early March, as Italy, France and Spain moved towards lockdowns and Germany followed South Korea in pursuing a rigorous test, trace and contact strategy. The distraction of Brexit played a part. A reluctance on the part of Boris Johnson to overly impinge on the rights of “free-born Englishmen” also influenced government strategy.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... f-the-plan

Johnson's government seems to have chosen the wrong approach. With horrific results.
A true dipstick Johnson, charge him with manslaughter
Quality is best done first

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 5934
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by tamada » April 30, 2020, 4:30 pm

laksnrub wrote:
April 30, 2020, 4:22 pm
GT93 wrote:
April 30, 2020, 3:02 pm
I enjoy British politics:
As the coronavirus pandemic spread across the world, the British government relied on the wrong paradigm. The health secretary, Matt Hancock, has insisted that herd immunity – the idea that allowing a virus to spread will eventually build up sufficient resistance in a population – was never a “part of the plan” in the battle against Covid-19. But today’s Guardian’s investigation into the government’s early handling of the crisis leaves little room for doubt: the concept was fundamental to the government’s decision-making in the crucial months of February and March, as most of the rest of the world took a different path. It was abandoned only when it became clear that the NHS would be utterly overwhelmed and hundreds of thousands of Britons could conceivably die.

There were other reasons why Britain remained a relatively relaxed outlier in early March, as Italy, France and Spain moved towards lockdowns and Germany followed South Korea in pursuing a rigorous test, trace and contact strategy. The distraction of Brexit played a part. A reluctance on the part of Boris Johnson to overly impinge on the rights of “free-born Englishmen” also influenced government strategy.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... f-the-plan

Johnson's government seems to have chosen the wrong approach. With horrific results.
A true dipstick Johnson, charge him with manslaughter
No need for that. It's Hancock who's lying. The herd immunity idea was front and center of the early, public conversation with Whitty and Vallance. It was integral to the "flatten the curve" argument so nobody is surprised here.

...except Hancock as he suddenly discovers himself at the front of the queue for the bus.

User avatar
laksnrub
udonmap.com
Posts: 159
Joined: April 14, 2018, 6:47 pm
Location: Udon-Karachi

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by laksnrub » April 30, 2020, 5:37 pm

It would be nice to see heads roll off the Parliament floor, and lack of Duty of Care, there should be some payback for the thousands who lost their lives. more worried about the economy $$$ than lives back -8 weeks ago, poor skills, sack them I say
Quality is best done first

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 12740
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: The UK has lost its mind.

Post by stattointhailand » April 30, 2020, 6:55 pm

Everyone here complains about "saving face" but what else can you all it when the British Govt refused to join the EU scheme to provide PPE etc (which we had a right to), prefering to "go it alone" rather than lose face with their Brexiteer followers .......... chickens well and truly home to roost now, and unfortunately its costing lives

Post Reply

Return to “Health & Beauty”