Best local hospital for a Gastroscopy

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
arjay
udonmap.com

Best local hospital for a Gastroscopy

Post by arjay » October 25, 2018, 6:28 pm

Any suggestions which hospital and which consultant to use for a Gastroscopy/endoscopy?

In an ideal world I would go to Bumrungrad, but to avoid the hassles of travel and accommodation in Bangkok, would prefer to get it done in Udon. In the distant past I have used, I think it was Dr Olam, who worked at the government hospital and did private surgeries at AEK.

macca46
udonmap.com

Re: Best local hospital for a Gastroscopy

Post by macca46 » October 25, 2018, 7:28 pm

I had an Endoscopy about nine months ago I was referred to the big public hospital by the military hospital why I don't know as I believe they also perform the same service.

Woman Doctor at the public hospital was very professional post examination a junior Doctor referred to as Professor?

It would appear she only does this service once a week on Fridays am and see's twelve patients.

The only down side as far as I was concerned was the throat spray was not strong enough to combat the intrusion.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » October 27, 2018, 12:44 am

Thanks for the info Macca. Did you get given a printed report with coloured photos? (I did from Bumrungrad).

No one with any experience of having it done at AEK?

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » October 27, 2018, 7:18 am

Yes printed report with color photo's and an explanation cost was 2100 baht not expensive in my opinion, compared to Australia.

Return to “Health & Beauty”