MRI and epidural at military hospital?

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
KhunFred

MRI and epidural at military hospital?

Post by KhunFred » June 30, 2018, 9:57 am

Someone on another forum mentioned Udon's military hospital as an excellent place to have a spinal MRI and steroid epidural injection. I have quite a bit of pain from spinal stenosis and sciatica and prices for this procedure in Bangkok have ranged from a high of fifty thousand baht to a "low" of ten thousand baht. Does anyone have any experience with this procedure or does the military hospital have a web page? Thanks for any information. A trip to Udon would be much preferable to the prices quoted in Bangkok.

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Re: MRI and epidural at military hospital?

Post by MusicalBars » June 30, 2018, 2:13 pm

i very much doubt u would make any savings not had an mri and I doubt the army hospital has the facillity but even a ct scan at the goverment hospital is plus of 10000

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » June 30, 2018, 2:20 pm

I had a CT scan at the military hospital about 18 months ago 5000 baht

About 3 months ago an Endoscopy at the Government Hospital 2000 baht

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » June 30, 2018, 2:24 pm

Fred, I think I replied to your thread on tvf a few days ago, same user name as here.

Yup, Dr Warin at Fort Prajak Hospital, the orthopaedic surgeon, is certainly the man to see.

To add, yes they do have an MRI.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 30, 2018, 7:18 pm

Had shoulder scan at Bangkok UDon Bangkok hospital paid 12000 previously neck scan was 10000

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » July 1, 2018, 9:27 am

Khun Fred, I have had an upper abdomen CT Scan and a neck MRI at the Military Hospital and the prices were 8,000 for both if I remember correctly; however, I can't speak for the availability of the epidurals. I do have a good friend that flies down to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and has that very same procedure done by a Harvard graduated doctor. The friend has around 9 shots in different locations on his spine and pays around 30,000. He says the meds have gotten more advanced each time he goes and this current round of shots has lasted him 3 years now and he's still pain free. Of course, they will need to do the first MRI, but a second one is not needed for 5 years. The shots are done using a "real time" CT scan and the equipment used is very high tech and modern. My friend is extremely pleased with the service. If you need more info I will be happy to put you in touch. Just PM me.

If you do choose to use the military hospital, will you please report back and let us know the results
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Return to “Health & Beauty”