Joint pains - natural remedies

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
tamada
udonmap.com

Joint pains - natural remedies

Post by tamada » September 21, 2017, 10:04 am

I've been aware of increasing aches and pains in some joints, notably fingers and toes but also a sticky knee and stiffness in the neck in the morning. I'm not getting any younger and take cod liver oil tablets as well as a GNC 'Mega Man' multivit supplement for the 'silver haired' generation.

Looking for advice on what others are doing for possible early onset rheumatism and/or arthritis. Prefer natural or homeopathic remedies rather than any regimen of medication. About 10 years ago when I was overweight, I had knee problems that were greatly improved by taking glucosamine-chondroitin supplements... and losing weight! Does anyone know of GC is available locally at the likes of Fascino or Forte or even a decent mom & pop type pharmacist?

Thanks!
tam

udonmap.com

Re: Joint pains - natural remedies

Post by 12345 » September 21, 2017, 11:28 am

Have done wee bit of research on effectiveness of GC, and placebo studies show they don't do much, if anything.

BUT ... if going that route and not finding local source, here are a couple brands may want to stay away from, or order, depending on brand. Also may want to avoid the brand found falsely advertising their ingredients in GC, for any other supplements you take.

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/mag ... /index.htm

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 21, 2017, 1:19 pm

My wife was having pains in the joints......ankles, knees, fingers. Doctors recommended a daily dose of glucosamine. Buy it at P&J Pharmacy in Central for 400 baht (30 doses) or at Forte for 300 baht.
Since she's been taking it, no more complaints.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 21, 2017, 3:46 pm

parrot wrote:
September 21, 2017, 1:19 pm
My wife was having pains in the joints......ankles, knees, fingers. Doctors recommended a daily dose of glucosamine. Buy it at P&J Pharmacy in Central for 400 baht (30 doses) or at Forte for 300 baht.
Since she's been taking it, no more complaints.
Thanks for that. I will drop by Forte on my way to see DM at the TAP for some lemonades.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » September 22, 2017, 8:35 pm

Tam
Also worth checking I HERB for your supplements can be alot cheaper than buying in Thailand.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 27, 2017, 9:13 am

GARYZX6R wrote:
September 22, 2017, 8:35 pm
Tam
Also worth checking I HERB for your supplements can be alot cheaper than buying in Thailand.
Thanks for the link. Is any of their stock already in Thailand? Plenty tales of woe from people bringing any sort of vitamin or supplement into the country via post and courier and getting hit hard by Thai Customs. It seems increasingly fraught with risk. Typically, I buy stuff when I am overseas and bring it in myself or order online when I have mates coming over.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 27, 2017, 10:44 am

The Only thing I Take DAILY Is 1 Cod Liver Oil Capsule,Have done for a LONG Time now & No More Joint Problems,I Buy mine Online via Lazada in Batches of 3 Months a time.....No Problems with Thai Customs Either....

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 27, 2017, 11:39 am

Again i'm the promotor of having your Testosteron levels checked,if low..boost it with 1-2 shot's/month..that's THE one for joint pain..belive me..i suggested that to a friend of mine,he came back and said ..."what the f**** was that,no joint pains anymoore.."I said,i know..Testosteron helps for that..

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 27, 2017, 12:53 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
September 27, 2017, 11:39 am
Again i'm the promotor of having your Testosteron levels checked,if low..boost it with 1-2 shot's/month..that's THE one for joint pain..belive me..i suggested that to a friend of mine,he came back and said ..."what the f**** was that,no joint pains anymoore.."I said,i know..Testosteron helps for that..
Who's selling testosterone replacement therapy in Udon?

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » September 27, 2017, 2:36 pm

Many of you are not following the seasons. this is damp and cold nights weather. It is also effected by weather modifications (weather wars) which is destroying the food chains. I learned about body temperatures in Florida after my water bed heater died. Severe body aches, stiffness. Sleeping on the floor or tiles or under a fan & air-con with window open, what ever your configuration, be aware that blowing damp cold air on your joints or sleeping on the floor , like Thais do. will draw the moisture out of your body and result in body aches. I solved this by turning on a slow fan to move the air and keep the windows shut on rainey nights. Someone mentioned Cod Liver oil, that is good, but yukey. Having been in several totaled cars in my teens, I had 2 discs and 2 vertibrees damaged, that gave me much pain. Later a "Pill" Doctor got me addicted to pain pills (it only takes 20 days to be addicted, and he gave me a script for 100 Hydro's and 3 refills). I struggled to get off these things, which i did, that included night sweat meds, and lots of water And later I started the Omega 3.6.9's. Took 2 gels every morn for a few years and woke up one morning and realized the pain was gone. That was 25 years ago, and its true to this day. The problem today, is you don't know what is "real". Companies are allowed to say "Natural, organic" and they are not. I care not what the trolls say here, say it to my face! You won't. And lets not forget about VACCINES, they are POISON! I am sick of seeing children with foggy eyes, mental problems, and physical problems! There is a web site that is going after the sellers and "pushers" of vaccines. They want them to face "Murder Charges".
Are YOU a pusher of Vaccines? Are you a dentist who put murcury in peoples mouths? I am against YOU!

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » September 27, 2017, 3:52 pm

Welcome back Felix ;)

Anyhoo, "joint pains - natural remedies", I know some athletes that compete for Team GB in the modern pentathlon & they swear by supplements which contain collagen. I know the stuff they take is from the UK so shipping is probably cost prohibitive but there may be some Thai versions available in the usual outlets
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 27, 2017, 7:35 pm

tamada wrote:
September 27, 2017, 12:53 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:

I would go to Bankok Hospital,why you might ask..Well when i had an accident and broke my collar bone i just asked my Doc.if they would do TRT..he answered yes,but i need to take a test to see were your levels at...But TRT is much moore common in Thailand then for ex.in Sweden.

Or you could just go to any of the bigger Pharmasist shop here in Udon and buy Testosterone and inject it yourself..it's dirt cheap and works for so many other things...fatloss,better sleep,better mode..and much much moore.

But i suggest that you talk with your Doc,and don't be shy..have your test done.Goodluck..Start by educate yourself:

https://bottomlineinc.com/health/mens-s ... stosterone

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 28, 2017, 10:13 am

" I care not what the trolls say here, say it to my face! You won't. And lets not forget about VACCINES, they are POISON! I am sick of seeing children with foggy eyes, mental problems, and physical problems! There is a web site that is going after the sellers and "pushers" of vaccines. They want them to face "Murder Charges".
Are YOU a pusher of Vaccines? "

I have stated before Felix, about vaccinations etc and you are the one who failed to reply to my questions.

When Jenner was vaccinating people, there were no symptoms as you described ... Why ????

Which particular vaccine are you referring to, as there are many .... Live / Dead etc... all different, so the pathophysiology is also different.....

There are millions of citizens around the world who benefit from various vaccinations......

Ask your self, why are we seeing measles and whooping cough epidemics around the world, answer , they were not vaccinated .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 28, 2017, 11:23 am

felixcat wrote:
September 27, 2017, 2:36 pm
Many of you are not following the seasons. this is damp and cold nights weather. It is also effected by weather modifications (weather wars) which is destroying the food chains. I learned about body temperatures in Florida after my water bed heater died. Severe body aches, stiffness. Sleeping on the floor or tiles or under a fan & air-con with window open, what ever your configuration, be aware that blowing damp cold air on your joints or sleeping on the floor , like Thais do. will draw the moisture out of your body and result in body aches. I solved this by turning on a slow fan to move the air and keep the windows shut on rainey nights. Someone mentioned Cod Liver oil, that is good, ...
Good points, I know that the colder, wetter weather in the UK makes for (more) miserable times. Good reminder that having the correct bedroom humidity and airflow is as important as temperature.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 28, 2017, 11:28 am

Nigglyb wrote:
September 27, 2017, 3:52 pm
Welcome back Felix ;)

Anyhoo, "joint pains - natural remedies", I know some athletes that compete for Team GB in the modern pentathlon & they swear by supplements which contain collagen. I know the stuff they take is from the UK so shipping is probably cost prohibitive but there may be some Thai versions available in the usual outlets
Interesting note that athletes use collagen. It's pretty common here and a quick view of the local tea and coffee aisles show they have bundled collagen with just about everything. They even load it into some packaged fruit juices. That led me to think that it's a Thai fad thing like the all those 'diet' drinks and even skin lighteners. What do you reckon? Collagen supplements or changing up some of the regular, local purchases and imbibes to include some of the "collagen-flavored" ones?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 28, 2017, 11:35 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
September 27, 2017, 7:35 pm
tamada wrote:
September 27, 2017, 12:53 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:

I would go to Bankok Hospital,why you might ask..Well when i had an accident and broke my collar bone i just asked my Doc.if they would do TRT..he answered yes,but i need to take a test to see were your levels at...But TRT is much moore common in Thailand then for ex.in Sweden.

Or you could just go to any of the bigger Pharmasist shop here in Udon and buy Testosterone and inject it yourself..it's dirt cheap and works for so many other things...fatloss,better sleep,better mode..and much much moore.

But i suggest that you talk with your Doc,and don't be shy..have your test done.Goodluck..Start by educate yourself:

https://bottomlineinc.com/health/mens-s ... stosterone
Thanks for that. Getting a T-test seems prudent as one gets older but the replacement regimen doesn't tickle my fancy; sticking needles and injecting stuff. I friend of mine who is pretty savvy on the uses and abuses of all sorts of stuff through being an avid keep fit guy and regular gym user, suggests that there's a lot of injectable stuff available locally with poor or non-provenance as to it's origin and efficacy. This includes testosterone. Another mate, (another gym hound) swears by the TRT regimen that he's following in Pattaya but he also advises that there's possibly only a couple of reputable clinics and he doesn't recommend the DIY method.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » September 28, 2017, 2:51 pm

tamada wrote:
September 28, 2017, 11:28 am
Interesting note that athletes use collagen. It's pretty common here and a quick view of the local tea and coffee aisles show they have bundled collagen with just about everything. They even load it into some packaged fruit juices. That led me to think that it's a Thai fad thing like the all those 'diet' drinks and even skin lighteners. What do you reckon? Collagen supplements or changing up some of the regular, local purchases and imbibes to include some of the "collagen-flavored" ones?
Personally I like the shot drinks because I like the taste & they're super easy to neck once a day. If the ingredients have Verisol B in them they're the real thing. I think you'd be looking at 5g a shot to make it worthwhile

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 28, 2017, 3:13 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
September 28, 2017, 2:51 pm
tamada wrote:
September 28, 2017, 11:28 am
Personally I like the shot drinks because I like the taste & they're super easy to neck once a day. If the ingredients have Verisol B in them they're the real thing. I think you'd be looking at 5g a shot to make it worthwhile
Good tips, thanks.

I am already necking the glucosamine I bought at Forte in a one-time drink versus the 2/day tablet form. Do you know if they have collagen at Forte?

PS: Just saw your PM. Thanks!

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » September 28, 2017, 3:33 pm

tamada wrote:
September 28, 2017, 3:13 pm
Do you know if they have collagen at Forte?
No sorry, I don't. Driven past a few times but never ventured inside. Strangely too for this day & age, I can't find a website. I think Forte is a trading name for JSP Pharma but their website is about as much use as a marzipan dildo

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 30, 2017, 4:49 am

It is rather ironical that it is considered a food supplement, when it is actually one of the commonest proteins found in animals. Just eat more meat products, especially the chewy bits.

Return to “Health & Beauty”