Army hospital

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Army hospital

Post by ajarnudon » November 20, 2016, 10:01 am

I would just like to give a thumbs for the Udon Army Hospital near Wing 23. I have found the staff to be both efficient and friendly. I have had minor surgery there on a few occasions, removing a benign but painful cyst, and had several skin cancers excised. In every case, things went smoothly and the care and attention were first class. Some nurses have limited English, most of the GPs have passable English, and one surgeon was so fluent he could pass as a native speaker. Prices have always been very reasonable, much much lower than the city's private hospitals.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Re: Army hospital

Post by felixcat » November 20, 2016, 9:07 pm

Do you mean the Military Hospital?
My friend and wife have been there and agrees with you,
Wife had screws and pins placed in her crushed foot at Udon Government "animal" hospital. All had to be replaced and now at BKK Hospital,more price, but she will heal correctly. Hope you are well

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » December 19, 2016, 10:04 am

:razz: Yes, next to Wing 23.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » December 19, 2016, 5:04 pm

I find it a very good hospital the current doctor I am seeing speaks excellent English and is getting my blood situation under control and the rest of the staff there will always try and understand the best they can and are very helpful I would always recommend it.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 21, 2016, 4:35 pm

It is called Fort Prajak Hospital on the lhs side coming from the Ring Road on the KK Road, well run and maintained .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 24, 2017, 9:58 am

How are they for pre-natal and post-natal care? Mrs tam is considering an alternative venue for the new arrival in June.

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » April 24, 2017, 10:28 am

For pre natal care we went to a clinic on a monthly basis. This doctor also delivered our baby at the army hospital. Delivery cost 5000. Monthly clinic cost a few hundred a visit. At the hospital we booked a private room which was about 2000 a night. Had tv air en suite bathroom and a place for you to sleep.

Our baby was induced and had to stay in hospital for a week. The doctor and nurses were excellent. This cost was a couple of hundred baht.

Recommended

We started our pre natal care at bangkok hospital but the bills soon became excessive especially for blood tests. Although the charge for delivery was only about 50 000 this wouldn't include any after care. However the service was nice like being shown to your seat etc and the lady doctor was very good.

Recommended if you can afford it

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 25, 2017, 10:43 pm

mac1966 wrote:For pre natal care we went to a clinic on a monthly basis. This doctor also delivered our baby at the army hospital. Delivery cost 5000. Monthly clinic cost a few hundred a visit. At the hospital we booked a private room which was about 2000 a night. Had tv air en suite bathroom and a place for you to sleep.

Our baby was induced and had to stay in hospital for a week. The doctor and nurses were excellent. This cost was a couple of hundred baht.

Recommended

We started our pre natal care at bangkok hospital but the bills soon became excessive especially for blood tests. Although the charge for delivery was only about 50 000 this wouldn't include any after care. However the service was nice like being shown to your seat etc and the lady doctor was very good.

Recommended if you can afford it

Thanks mac. Mrs tam dropped by the army hospital last Monday to inquire about prices and and procedures but it was late morning, the place was really busy and the staff she talked to were pushing her towards making an appointment rather than answering the basic questions so your information is most welcome. We now understand that she needs to get there a lot earlier, get ahead of the crowd, make an appointment and get a consultation.

For our first born 10 years ago, the pre-natal was all done in Pattaya until the third trimester. We used AEK Udon and if I recall correctly, the whole tab was around 25k which included three days in a private room. We checked again recently and the charges are now 30k which includes 2 nights and 3 days private room, normal birth. The obstetrician that delivered our first born is still consulting there but doesn't to births any more as he's getting on a bit but he was really good. The prices we were quoted at Bangkok Hospital last Monday was 38k for 1 night and 2 days, normal birth but with a few ++'s so probably closer to the 50k you mention.

If you can share the name of the pre-natal clinic your wife used that would be a good start.

Thanks!
tam

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » April 29, 2017, 3:37 pm

Supachok clinic. Opposite srisook post office

Return to “Health & Beauty”