Massage shops

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
tekmo
udonmap.com

Massage shops

Post by tekmo » September 14, 2012, 12:20 pm

any good ones in UD?
just strictly massage, none of them hanky panky places.

KB_Texas

Massage shops

Post by KB_Texas » September 14, 2012, 12:23 pm

Nina at the Centara Spa (forget it's name) gives an excellent massage. Not cheap by any means, but very therapeutic. No hanky panky, just a nice deep muscle massage. I think the going rate there is like 900 baht/hr. As I said, not cheap. ;)

KB

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Massage shops

Post by BigBubba » September 14, 2012, 1:14 pm

Along the southeast side of Nong Prajak Park, starting at the corner where the outdoor aerobics are held every evening, are about a dozen little "shops". Varying degrees of skill, but prices are cheap, about 120 baht/hour. All are open and exposed to plain view, so no hanky panky. They're open usually 5PM - 10PM. My wife and I go regularly.

Bubba
Every day I wake up is a good day.

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Massage shops

Post by bamakmak » September 14, 2012, 2:29 pm

Pranee Spa, directly across the street from the Karin Hotel, does a great massage - no hanky panky. Cost for a 2 hour Thai masssage is 300THB.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Massage shops

Post by pienmash » September 14, 2012, 2:57 pm

bamakmak wrote:Pranee Spa, directly across the street from the Karin Hotel, does a great massage - no hanky panky. Cost for a 2 hour Thai masssage is 300THB.
hanky panky ....... not heard that for years ,,, good old fashioned ENGLISH phrase bamakmak .... btw how much is the oil massage ? ,, no extras im a respectable shopkeeper thanozz.

mash

parrot
udonmap.com

Massage shops

Post by parrot » September 14, 2012, 8:13 pm

I've never been, but Nam Wan was getting some good reviews recently.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... an#p298045

BigRick808
udonmap.com

Massage shops

Post by BigRick808 » March 30, 2013, 11:30 pm

If they want more than 150 and hour, I better get some panky...and they better use a fresh hanky! If not, I give spanky :)
Seriously, any updates?

pompui
udonmap.com

Massage shops

Post by pompui » March 31, 2013, 1:15 am

This was an entertaining and informative thread not long ago,could be of some help :-k

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/post281304.html

Miruku
udonmap.com

Massage shops

Post by Miruku » March 31, 2013, 8:51 am

There is a thriving massage shop in my suburb in Oz where the Thai lady owner/masseuse asks all her customers after the massage "You want happy ending?" Having never visited her establishment I know not what she means though I do have a suspicion.
Trevor McConchie

Barney
udonmap.com

Massage shops

Post by Barney » March 31, 2013, 10:38 am

Miruku wrote:There is a thriving massage shop in my suburb in Oz where the Thai lady owner/masseuse asks all her customers after the massage "You want happy ending?" Having never visited her establishment I know not what she means though I do have a suspicion.

I think a happy ending is where she gives you a good tickle on the belly to make you smile when she is finished instead of the slap on the ar.e yelling "next". But i could be wrong? :-"

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Massage shops

Post by jackspratt » March 31, 2013, 12:43 pm

I am sure this is what she is talking about:

danchatka
udonmap.com

Massage shops

Post by danchatka » March 31, 2013, 12:56 pm

Best (non-sexy) massage in Udon I've had was at Paul Dee Salon (Phosri Road across from Thungsri Muang Park) by a middle-aged woman named Kak. She really pays attention to your muscles. If you've got any knots in them, she'll work them out, via a combination of massage and pressure points. Even Thai massage, which I usually don't like, I like from her. Plus, she has a pleasant, friendly personality.

Paul Dee Salon has a nice quiet upstairs area for foot, Thai, or Oil massage.

Note: Some other Paul Dee staff members can be obnoxious. If you avoid them, Kak may be the kind of masseuse you're looking for.

weasel
udonmap.com

Massage shops

Post by weasel » April 29, 2013, 11:21 pm

All, maybe a bit late but there is now a move by the "department of health" to clean up the massage trade in UT. Apparently there are 150 shops, mostly running without any qualified staff or certificates. Now only 9 have the required standard - whatever that means.

They look at general cleanliness, staff qualifications and even - yes believe it or not - H&S including provision of bandages and first aid kits etc in the event of accidents. Of course you have to pay to be accredited, no surprise there.

In these shops there is definately no hanky panky. Namwan massage on Soi Nong Bua is one shop who now has this accreditation/certificate and the owner Namwan seems to have worked very hard to get it, whether the costs and efforts pay off who knows.

weasel

Return to “Health & Beauty”