A BIG THANK YOU ' CAMP and ASIAPHILE '

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
tonika
udonmap.com

Post by tonika » August 27, 2012, 3:02 pm

I would like to say a really big thank you to forum members, ' Camp ' and ' Asiafile ' for giving me the name ad address of a very good Dermatoligist, Dr Somchai, here in Udon.

The day before I left the UK ( 4th July 2012 ) I went to see my GP regarding a constant ' itch ' on my back. My GP thought it was Shingles, and gave me a prescription for it. Although I got the prescription, I forgot to bring it with me due to the last minute rush for leaving for Thailand the next day. I thought it might clear up on it's own, but instead it got very much worse ( from the size of a large spot, to the size of a football ).

My wife insisted I go to the Out Patients Department of a hospital for treatment. The nearest hospital was AEK, so I went there. After about a 2 hour wait I was seen by a doctor. He took some skin sample from my back, told me to come back in an hour for the result. When I went back the Doctor said he still didn't know what the rash was. I was given some cream to rub on the affected area, and a appointment was made for following tests in a weeks time. I was charged approximately B 2000 for the treatment I had just received.

Later when I got back from the hospital I happened to see a member on this forum ask if anyone knew of a Dermatoligist in Udon. ' Camp ' and ' Asiaphile ' gave the name and address of Dr Somchai, with a recommendation. I decided to go and see this guy myself, rather than wait to go back to the AEK. Luckily I did, Dr Somchai told me with his teatment my infection would clear up in 3 days. And it did. The cost for his teatment B 370.

God only knows what I would have ended up paying at that hospital, with the tests I was told would be required, in order to find out the cause of my infection.

Thanks again guys.

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » August 27, 2012, 10:14 pm

Glad I could help. :)

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » August 28, 2012, 2:13 am

did Dr Somchai give you a name for your itchy back problem?

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » August 28, 2012, 7:19 am

Where can we find Dr. Somchai "the Dermatologist" variety?

tonika
udonmap.com

Post by tonika » August 28, 2012, 6:24 pm

What Dr Somchai told me ' makka ' was that my Immune System is weak at present, and that the infection is an allergy. Although I can't think off anything I could have eaten, that I've never taken before. As I said in my original post, this ' itch ' started prior to me coming to Thailand. And my UK GP diagnosed Shingles. But, Dr Somchai was positive it wasn't. All I know is it's nearly 100% gone. It was so bad at one stage my back was bleeding, because of my constant scratching. I'm just lucky I saw the forum members ( Camp & Asiaphile ) info on Dr Somchai.

camps
udonmap.com

Post by camps » August 28, 2012, 7:57 pm

Glad to be of some help Tonika,ive been twice to see him for cyrotherepy and well pleased.Also saves me money not having to go to Bangkok to one of the "big" hospitals. :D

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » August 29, 2012, 4:13 am

thanks for that Tonika... glad to hear you are on the mend..

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 4, 2012, 2:53 pm

I dropped in Dr. Somchai's office today (lunchtime)......problem with some sort of allergic reaction to two fingers on one hand. No waiting, pleasant doctor, spoke English well, discussed a variety of ways to minimize the allergic reaction, no charge for the advice.

Return to “Health & Beauty”