Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: Trying to eat healthy food..not easy at all.

Post by DuiDui49 » June 10, 2023, 7:00 am

Good morning friends !
As usual when Nypan has to follow a recipe..it doesn't turn out that way ;-) Me, who in this case found a YT Video that I thought I should try. There were two recipes/vids on YT, one WITHOUT flour my friend Tobbe said right away...-No flour..and I said that the Video doesn't use any flour. Well find the same YT at.but WITH flour..so this recipe is with flour, okay ;-) Thanks Tobbe 😉.

Now I can't follow a recipe, but tweak it a la Nypan. So first I replaced the apples with 2 medium-sized Vietnamese Avocados (it's called 034).
3 medium sized Bananas..add 10 grams of powder Flaxseed, 15 grams of Moringa powder.half a cup of milk and the same with Honey.Run the rub in the mixer..Down in a bigger bowl..to add 240 grams of flour ..beat/stir until it becomes a smooth batter..and finally 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
Into the oven at 180 C for 40-50 minutes..DONE. This will be my "health cake"..coming home from Cardio..a cake...late afternoon tea..or just to have a health bite and coffee. .maybe to add luxury to it..a dollop of vanilla ice cream. I will certainly try new mixes as it suffers but for now I am satisfied 😉

Recepie: https://youtu.be/tbB1FUFUPpo

//Alfie wish you all a healthy and wounderful weekend...:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 17, 2023, 6:57 am

-God morning friends !

Forgot to post what i did yesterday for dinner.

*2 sliced in half marinated chicken breast.
*1 small can of Tomato Paste.
* Creme Fraiche mixed in with the Tomato Paste.
* 4 diffrent colors of Bell Pepper.
* Some fried Mushrooms..brown and white.
* Salt and pepper to taste..after you fried the Chicken let it simmer for 5-10 min on very low heat.
* Basmati Rice.

Like i said before,i like color and like to try new herb blends...Stay healthy and strong,you are what you eat so do not be lazy trying to eat healthy..and some exercise...and do everything in life whith MODERATION ;-)

//Alfie :-)Wish you a wounderful weekend..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 28, 2023, 4:23 pm

Do you friends make your own food or is it bought food? I myself make 95% of all food myself, cheaper, more useful and often the tastiest..
So today it was Fried rice with Prik Pao and smoked chicken, vegetables..and a small beer.
Have a good day everyone.. :D

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 28, 2023, 4:38 pm

Damn!!!
Looks GREAT

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 30, 2023, 6:35 pm

Made a batch of my fav three bean sallad today..you find the recipe some were in this thread..try it and you migth like it ;-)

Eat healthy and stay healthy and strong...((Alfie :-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 1, 2023, 9:05 am

This was my dinner yesterday.
Three Bean Sallad
*Basmati Rice with Harissa marinated Chicken.

Three Bean Sallad in the makeing..

Never tryed Harissa to marinate my chicken with before,it turned out very nice.Thank you for following my food endeavors ;-)If you have anything to share like pics and recipes..feel free to share..healthy ones that is okey ;-)

Stay healthy and don't forget that 70-80 % how your body feels and looks is all about diet..don't be lazy.
//Alfie..:-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 8, 2023, 12:39 pm

LUNCH IS SERVED..

A mix of veggies Chicken and rice..

//Alfie wish you all a nice weekend..:-)Image

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 9, 2023, 11:54 am

Get your health checked BEFORE you end up on Med's and maybe worse,whith a stroke or heart attack.

Which one one is better then the other,low or high blood pressure?Well i asked the Online Doc,Google ;-)and give me this answer:
"The highs and lows. As a general guide, the ideal blood pressure for a young, healthy adult is between 90/60 and 120/80".

Well i'm 65 now,eating healthy,exercising (bicycle cardio"minimum 5 days a week..at a comfortable speed..ie can talk noemal while biking)then i ad rubber bands...When it comes to food/diet i eat healthy 80% plus every day.I supplement with Whey Protein Isolate,Flaxseed powder,Goij Berrys and Moringa powder in my 1 a day Smoothie.
At little as possible of prosessed food ie Pizza,burgers,hotdogs,sweets and SUGAR i try to stay away from as much as possible cause it's empty calories,taste good but i treat myself now and then,all in moderation to very low.
Protein comes from Chicken,Fish and when i eat minced beef 10% fat i might do a Meatloaf or Meat balls once a month.Chicken is my main go-to.

Carbs comes mainly from Basmati Rice and Sweet Potatoe..
Veggies comes from Bellpepers,Broccoli and fresh small Tomatoes.Vietnamn Avocados (my favorite).

Fullkorn bread no butter only a touch of Olive oil on the bread,caviar (Mills)and some grated hard cheese..or some of my Three Bean Sallad+Feta cheese is my two go to when it comes to bread.White bread is banned..turn into cement in your stomach and not healthy at all.
So there you have it eating and training like this for 2.5 years now and feel that my body respond very well to this and a indicator amongst many others (full blood works)is that my BP is hovering around 100-->115/60-->70...My BMI is around 15-->20 if i remember wright...

So my question is..is lower BP better then high..what you think guys and girls?
Do you know your own BP and BMI..do you have a BP cuff at home so you can check your BP at your own comfort..if answer is -No..get one is my advice.
My BP in the mornings lately has been 95--115/61-->68..

PS"Is blood pressure really important?
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a major risk factor for heart attack, heart failure, stroke and kidney disease. High blood pressure usually does not have any symptoms, so it is important to see your doctor regularly to have your blood pressure checked."

PREVENTIVE and NOT LAZY is my last words for personal health..so get your ---- together..stay lean/healthy and strong..//Alfie..:-)Image

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 11, 2023, 4:17 pm

Todays lunch is from a You Tube hack..and let me tell you it tasted REALLY GOOD.

So for a starter you need Cold Rice and a very hot Waffel Iron,that's it.

I had my Basmati Rice which maybe not as good as Cold Stick Rice..going to buy that for another try another day ;-)It took with my Waffel maker around 5 min to get the rice Golden Brown i then added Smoked Makrill,Avocado,Tomatoes Green Onion and some Mills Majjo..herb was Oregano and freshly grinded Black Pepper.

Got an idé to make this with some Ground Minced Beef,like a smash burger..put the minced beef on top of the rice and SMASH it,like a hamburger bun but done this way instead,what you think..worth a try i guess.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 13, 2023, 4:08 pm

Friends, after a round trip into town (2x14km) as my cardio pass for today, I feel that I am quite tender in the legs, but not tired enough to fix a little in my so-called, garden. So welcome home with all the limbs in Keep it, it was another 30 minutes of sawing wood, the rough branches, etc.

Looks better now, well seen from my cataract eyes anyway ;-)shower, coffee and a big Smoothie, life feels good when you're fairly satisfied with what I've achieved this morning...hope I kept forgetting the laundry too, which needs to be hung now.

Wishing you all a warm and pleasant day..🙂...And now Protein Pancakes with sliced ​​banana and a little honey.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 20, 2023, 6:21 am

Trying to eat healthy,here you go..eat your heart out :-)

//Alfie :-)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 20, 2023, 1:08 pm

Now thats my kinda salad .. =P~ alas im back on my no sausage n piss diet ..its hard !!

heres a pic what a "mate" sent to inspire me , as if 2 monster bacon egg sausage and black pudding baps would temp or interest me .. :^o

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 20, 2023, 1:36 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 20, 2023, 6:21 am
Trying to eat healthy,here you go..eat your heart out :-)

//Alfie :-)
It would be more appealing without the salad.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 20, 2023, 1:43 pm

I agree LYM .. im guessing the salad is just garnish so throw it away n just gorge your obese frame on the bacon.

DM

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 20, 2023, 1:48 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 20, 2023, 1:43 pm
I agree LYM .. im guessing the salad is just garnish so throw it away n just gorge your obese frame on the bacon.

DM
I'd replace the obnoxious salad with a couple of eggs fried in bacon grease.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 20, 2023, 1:53 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 20, 2023, 1:48 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 20, 2023, 1:43 pm

DM
I'd replace the obnoxious salad with a couple of eggs fried in bacon grease.
Also chuck a nice big healthy traditional Lincolnshire sausage with those eggs LYM... i love a nice tasty sausage !!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 21, 2023, 11:42 am

Dinner and lunch boxes made yesterday.

Yes, then it was time to tell you what Nypan came up with in the kitchen today.
Meatballs à la Nypan..Garlic and red onion chopped, Salt & Black pepper..seasoned with Harissa and Taco spices..a little crop and Packo breadcrumbs 1 egg..mixed..made everything on Aussie Grass fed minced beef 500grams.
Fried them so they got a nice color then into the oven for approx. 20 min.. the meatballs were model larger approx. 45 grams each.
When it was ready, I took 2 large potatoes plus 4-5 carrots and put them in the same shape as where I made the meatballs to soak up a little of the K-bun flavor..50 min at 180C..perfect.
The sauce made with what I fried the K-buns.. a little cream/milk. flour and spices. The sauce was too thick.. but I don't usually make so many sauces.. so it can definitely be improved.. To this a little Hem pickled beetroot ..Seasoning and sauce can be improved with after all..it went down 2 portions anyway..so that's it..😉 🙂
Then I made another Brownie.. because Big-C's Brownie mix was extra expensive.. it's in the freezer now.
Food boxes were made with Sweet Potato I had left in the fridge..So there were 3 food boxes in the freezer..already ate 2 smaller portions + 2 food boxes in the fridge.
Total approximate time spent in the kitchen regions prep and rubbet..approx.2 hours..cost per portion roughly calculated:
Minced meat 500gr..250 Bath..
4 Carrots..2 large Mat potatoes about 60 Bath..so add some for spices and cream/milk + some cheese I had left..total 50 Bath.
Cheap good and a good investment in time and money, I think, instead of buying food where you don't know what you're getting.
The rain has stopped so I'll see if I can't get 40 minutes of Cardio in now..take care friends..//Affe 🙂

Imagehttps://scontent.futh1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=64BE2BB8[/img]

Och nu dags för Cardio..40-50 min..Have a good and healthy day,stay strong and and be greatfull and thankfull that you have your health,away from Med's and Doc's strokes and heart attacks..please //Alfie :-)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 23, 2023, 12:46 pm

God afternoon friends !

I have tried plant based meet,not once but twice and both times i said..-No more.What about you guys,tried it?..how did you like it?

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 23, 2023, 1:05 pm

After my 40 min Cardio this morning i had this Sandwich.

1 thick slice of Toasted Full Corn Bread,Chicken,Avocado 1 (runny) fried egg.Green onion,Tomates and fried Mushrooms.1 small bottle of Coconut Water to down everything with..

//Alfie..Have a nice Sunday..do not forget your exercise today ;-)

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 23, 2023, 2:04 pm

I had a peanut butter sandwich on multi-grain bead and cool water for lunch.

Return to “Health & Beauty”