Udon Toyota Service Rip off

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Toyota Service Rip off

Post by Marcosteffano » May 4, 2018, 10:37 pm

parrot wrote:
May 4, 2018, 3:09 pm
I've taken my 10 year old Toyota truck to Shin (near Tool Pro) a few times. Once to fix a problem with rare stalling at a light....the kind of problem that you can't replicate on demand. After the mechanics said they couldn't determine the problem, they told me to wait a few minutes for the master mechanic to return from lunch. He determined and fixed the problem.
A few oil changes were done quickly enough. And my last visit for a 130,000km check on an appointment was done fast enough......wifi inside, a harem of girls serving coffee, water, snacks to help while away the time.
Early this year, I visited to check out a new truck......the salesman was nice enough to show me several models and satisfactorily answered all my questions.
That all said, if I had an appointment and still waited 3+ hours for an oil/filter change, I'd not be a happy camper. I'd bring a tent and camp out in front of the manager's office.
Yeah they would be more interested in someone coming in with a 10 year old car with no warranty left on it and paying cash than someone who's only paying for parts.ive had my Isuzu from 22,000km and just serviced it at somchai making sure to use magnatech and all filters and wanting to see the old ones.in fact the only thing to go wrong was the window mechanism that Isuzu couldn't do because of the soundproofing on the door but somchai done 100%...dealers.your only paying for them nice big showrooms and armies of staff.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 5, 2018, 5:25 am

Valuable post and warning for toyota nong bua lamphu.
I have bought 2 cars fron toyota near wing 23.
Very happy with them but early on i took my hilux to nong bua for an eary check because its closer. 5000k i think after new oil was put in it toyota wing 23 at 3000k. While siting across the road having lunch wife gets a phone call saying oil was below the line and recommend replace and top up. Im thinking something badly wrong here either it wasnt filled properly or my engine is stuffed but it would be blowing smoke badly at that rate. Hmmmm.
Told them id come and look. When i walked into workshop head mechanic looked me very sheepishly then walked away. I checked oil it was about 1mm below full line.
Toyota near wing 23 for me now every time.
Always happy with them
Mick

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » June 2, 2018, 9:04 pm

Are there any other recommendations for service of Toyota. Tried act at makro but would appreciate other recommendations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » June 3, 2018, 5:56 am

Marcosteffano wrote:
May 4, 2018, 10:37 pm
parrot wrote:
May 4, 2018, 3:09 pm
I've taken my 10 year old Toyota truck to Shin (near Tool Pro) a few times. Once to fix a problem with rare stalling at a light....the kind of problem that you can't replicate on demand. After the mechanics said they couldn't determine the problem, they told me to wait a few minutes for the master mechanic to return from lunch. He determined and fixed the problem.
A few oil changes were done quickly enough. And my last visit for a 130,000km check on an appointment was done fast enough......wifi inside, a harem of girls serving coffee, water, snacks to help while away the time.
Early this year, I visited to check out a new truck......the salesman was nice enough to show me several models and satisfactorily answered all my questions.
That all said, if I had an appointment and still waited 3+ hours for an oil/filter change, I'd not be a happy camper. I'd bring a tent and camp out in front of the manager's office.
Yeah they would be more interested in someone coming in with a 10 year old car with no warranty left on it and paying cash than someone who's only paying for parts.ive had my Isuzu from 22,000km and just serviced it at somchai making sure to use magnatech and all filters and wanting to see the old ones.in fact the only thing to go wrong was the window mechanism that Isuzu couldn't do because of the soundproofing on the door but somchai done 100%...dealers.your only paying for them nice big showrooms and armies of staff.
Marco, Who or what is somchai? Where are they located? I am looking for someone besides Toyota dealer to service my pickup. Thanks.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Toyota Service Rip off - alternatives

Post by tamada » June 3, 2018, 11:24 am

Does anyone know if Nan at Baan Jig who (I think) used to be a forum sponsor and came highly recommended by members for out-of-warranty vehicle services and repairs managed to find new premises?

Return to “Travel & Transport”