Bus, train from BKK to Udonthani.

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » January 16, 2006, 3:40 am

We went on the train a few years ago to take our daughter and neice for a few days in Krueng Thep to see the sights, shopping. I always to do a long train trip in Thailand, the worlds longest narrow gauge network. Lots to take in, the footstalls on the platform, the clean bright stations along the way, with wonderful hanging baskets and pots filled with colour. The staff with the smart uniforms. Compare with the staff in the UK who all look like sacks of potatoes, or extras from Captain Scarlett. I've done the bus once, not for the faint hearted arse killer seats, no legroom a real pain for me as I'm 6'5". Try taking a dump on the bus karsi!!! Only use the "International bus" to Laos now. Those stories you see in the press from time to time, showing graphic pictures of bus crashes don't help.

Tony

Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » January 16, 2006, 3:55 am

Stevo wrote:
yorkman wrote:
Its worth every baht to go by air IMHO...cut your losses and shell out!

John

Cut your losses?? I reckon the fuel cost of driving around 1500 baht each way...
makes the flight a positive bargain in my book. :wink:
Errr yes.. but this is 4 flight tickets not just 1. But still, agreed, I am getting older fast enough already..... a bargain :lol:

John

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 16, 2006, 3:59 am

Indeed the Loo stops are annoying, all the trucks,oil tankers,bus's, and carts that i managed to get by successfully all get back infront of me, so i start the process all over again, and again........
yes it all looks the same after korat but you can stick your right foot down a bit, till the next loo/food stop or capture by the boys in brown, but still enjoy driving in thailand and i do shell out as i hire a car when i am there. And i like the freedom to go where and when i want . But i fell asleep once driving back from chiang mai via Tak to udon virtually non stop a very near miss #-o Never again, night driving after a long day is madness, we all know flying is better cheaper and safer. and they have loo's. :toilet:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Stevo
udonmap.com

Re: Bus, train from BKK to Udonthani.

Post by Stevo » January 16, 2006, 4:42 am

easydude wrote:I want to know where I can catch a bus or train from BKK to Udon. Either from the airport or from Nana plaza area. Price and scheduals would be great. Is there a web site for the schedual? I was going to fly but that 300 bhat fuel surcharge is just wrong. The fligth was 900 baht one way. 50 baht, tax, 50 airport fee, and 300 baht fuel charge, plus other fees total price was over 1400 bhat. Now I have the money but that is just wrong. Thanks easydude
hmmm... sounds like 1 to me John :-k

I may have lost the plot here somewhere :lol:

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » January 16, 2006, 10:57 am

Flying is still cheap, even with all the extra's added it's good value. I've just booked a ticket to Bangkok 1,250 one way. Before all the budget airlines came along it cost 1,900 to fly with Thai Airways.

IMHO flying is the easiest and most comfortable way of traveling. I'd sooner choose to fly than being cramped on a bus for 9 hours or on a train for 12 hours.

Return to “Travel & Transport”