Udon flight options - what happened to Phuket!?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
deankham
udonmap.com

Udon flight options - what happened to Phuket!?

Post by deankham » April 13, 2024, 2:27 pm

First time back in Udon for a year and was planning on heading to the beach after Songkran is over.

I was aware the Utupao (pattaya) flight stopped ages ago but surprised the Phuket flight also gone.

Any word if this is just temporary or gone for good?

Also I thought I heard that there was going to be a flight to Hui Hin starting this year but no sign of that either?

Piss poor if wanting a quick get away to a beach from Udon. What a shame. :(

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Udon flight options - what happened to Phuket!?

Post by tamada » April 13, 2024, 3:22 pm

Since this is the end of high-season and extra UTH flight and destination options didn't appear, I would say they're gone for this year. Maybe next year?

Several options with a reasonable stopover in either BKK or DMK are available.

The LCC's like AirAsia, Thai Lion and Nok run these routes and if they're not flying them, it's because there's no money in it.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Udon flight options - what happened to Phuket!?

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 15, 2024, 7:04 am

tamada wrote:
April 13, 2024, 3:22 pm

The LCC's like AirAsia, Thai Lion and Nok run these routes and if they're not flying them, it's because there's no money in it.
It’s far more than “there’s no money in it” if you follow the airline industry there are a multitude of factors that are pushing all airlines to concentrate on the profitable routes.
  • Aircraft are in short supply
    Pilots for older aircraft are in short supply
    Since there are no aircraft for pilots to fly pilot training has slowed down and in some cases stopped.
    Boeing has screwed up so badly the FAA has restricted its permits to produce planes, and it’s not even managing to make the permitted number
    Boeing is possibly also criminal https://youtu.be/_Ak8IrEyPtc?si=54DV8KlrDPXnyZLl
    New AirBus orders are scheduled for the earliest delivery in the 2030s
    The Pandemic allowed new airlines to form who now need planes
    The Pandemic encouraged older experienced “expensive” pilots to retire early
    The Pandemic caused large numbers of older aircraft to be mothballed and it’s extremely expensive to unmothball them and train pilots that the airlines don’t have to fly them
All of the above are just the most obvious reasons why the less popular routes will be a long time coming back if the ever do.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Return to “Travel & Transport”