Big increase in air fares

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Galee
udonmap.com

Re: Big increase in air fares

Post by Galee » March 28, 2024, 9:09 pm

deankham wrote:
March 28, 2024, 8:57 pm
deankham wrote:
March 21, 2024, 5:09 pm
Slightly off topic but looking for advice;

Will arrive into Swampy at 7pm so likely 8pm by time have collected bags and want to hear to Udon Thani.

What would you do to get up to Udon as hassle free as possible?

I'm assuming no flights to Udon at that time?, so some thought are;
1. Get a Driver to Udon from Swampy - Only me and teenage daughter with couple bags. Have got a pre-booked Van during Covid and cost about 8k baht from memory.
2. Stay near Swampy and get early flight following morning - Never stayed near Swampy so do not know hotel options
3. Taxi to Dom Muang area, stay overnight and early flight next morning - Have done this before and stayed at Amari. Is it worth the hassle over just staying near swampy?
4. Bus / Train - Not interested in this.

thanks
Change of plan, well change of flight actually, and we now arrive at 06.10 into swampy.

In the good old days would have taken my time and been on the noon flight to Udon. Just went to book and Thai Airways only have the 7am and 7.45pm flights available! 7am is no chance and no way I'm wiaitng 12 hours to fly to Udon.

So other option is Thai vietjet but the flight is at 8.30am or 3.30pm.
...Should we risk the 8.30am flight? Is only doable if no delays to incoming flight or just book the 3.30pm and waste half a day..
My added worry is if we miss the 8.30am then the 3.30pm is likely to be fully booked and if we book 3.30pm and do arrive nice and early we'd not be able to change to earlier flight as will be fully booked.

Wonder if we can book both options and cancel whichever we don't make, although likely means we are paying over the odds for the flights to get fully refundable tickets.

Any words of wisdom from those who have up to date info on how long it takes to clear customs, get bags and check in for the udon flight?

Thanks,
That's the same problem I have. Qatar??
Date dependent. I plan to get the 12.15pm Thai flight. Will use a lounge whilst waiting.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » March 28, 2024, 9:58 pm

Galee wrote:
March 28, 2024, 9:09 pm
deankham wrote:
deankham wrote:

thanks
Change of plan, well change of flight actually, and we now arrive at 06.10 into swampy.

In the good old days would have taken my time and been on the noon flight to Udon. Just went to book and Thai Airways only have the 7am and 7.45pm flights available! 7am is no chance and no way I'm wiaitng 12 hours to fly to Udon.

...Should we risk the 8.30am flight? Is only doable if no delays to incoming flight or just book the 3.30pm and waste half a day..
My added worry is if we miss the 8.30am then the 3.30pm is likely to be fully booked and if we book 3.30pm and do arrive nice and early we'd not be able to change to earlier flight as will be fully booked.

Wonder if we can book both options and cancel whichever we don't make, although likely means we are paying over the odds for the flights to get fully refundable tickets.

Any words of wisdom from those who have up to date info on how long it takes to clear customs, get bags and check in for the udon flight?

Thanks,
Date dependent. I plan to get the 12.15pm Thai flight. Will use a lounge whilst waiting.
Yes exactly the Qatar airways flight. When I changed to this flight I just assumed I'd book the noon Thai Airways flight to Udon, but it's already fully booked in all classes :oops:

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 28, 2024, 10:15 pm

deankham wrote:
deankham wrote:
Slightly off topic but looking for advice;

Will arrive into Swampy at 7pm so likely 8pm by time have collected bags and want to hear to Udon Thani.

What would you do to get up to Udon as hassle free as possible?

I'm assuming no flights to Udon at that time?, so some thought are;
1. Get a Driver to Udon from Swampy - Only me and teenage daughter with couple bags. Have got a pre-booked Van during Covid and cost about 8k baht from memory.
2. Stay near Swampy and get early flight following morning - Never stayed near Swampy so do not know hotel options
3. Taxi to Dom Muang area, stay overnight and early flight next morning - Have done this before and stayed at Amari. Is it worth the hassle over just staying near swampy?
4. Bus / Train - Not interested in this.

thanks

Thanks,
i don’t recall if you gave the date you are coming but where are a few more flights than you mentioned both from DMK & BKK the date of course is vital for availability
IMG_8619.jpeg
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » March 29, 2024, 5:55 am

deankham wrote:
March 28, 2024, 9:58 pm
Galee wrote:
March 28, 2024, 9:09 pm
deankham wrote:
deankham wrote:

thanks

Thanks,
Yes exactly the Qatar airways flight. When I changed to this flight I just assumed I'd book the noon Thai Airways flight to Udon, but it's already fully booked in all classes :oops:
Bummer about being fully booked. Think I would go to Don Muang. Your info prompted me to book my Thai midday flight. No problem for the date I require. Thanks

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 1, 2024, 3:58 pm

Bangkok Post
Airports of Thailand Plc has raised its passenger service charges (PSC) at six main airports for departing passengers on both domestic and international flights.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 1, 2024, 9:15 pm

...and Bangkok Bank just upped their commission to make a deposit to a Bangkok Bank account that's hosted at a branch in another province.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “Travel & Transport”