Thai Airways

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
747man
udonmap.com

Re: Thai Airways

Post by 747man » April 26, 2023, 10:07 pm

Udon Map wrote:
April 26, 2023, 6:01 pm
747man wrote:
April 26, 2023, 2:52 pm
I AVOID Thai Lion Air after their last little episode with myself, I'd Booked UTH to DMK No Hold Baggage Only a 20cm ( APPROVED ) Cabin Bag with Only 6kgs inside, They said it was Toooooo BIG, Even though I Had a Manufactures Tag on it saying ( Approved Size for Cabin ) . . . .
I always wondered who relied on the manufacturers' tags.

Different airlines have different bag rules, both for checked bags and carry-ons. Manufacturers' tags saying that the bag is approved for carry on mean nothing.
Yep, I Know that but I've Never had a 20cm Cabin Bag with ONLY 6kgs REFUSED By Any of the Almost 100 Carriers I've used over my 50 YEARS Of travel in either Domestic OR International, ONLY Thai Lion Air....I Think You'll Find 20cms Are APPROVED By Almost EVERY Airline in The World !!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 26, 2023, 10:57 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
April 26, 2023, 6:55 pm
Could always get a Taxi, after all if one is going to travel business class internationally there's obviously no problem cash wise.
I've bought in 40kgs before now and just paid the excess, how much for a Taxi? I'm guessing, probably about 8000bht to Udon.
Neither of those work if you have the quality of suitcases and weight associated my total was a little under 100kg. There is no domestic flight that I have found that allows anything in excess of 40 Kg and with the number of suitcases only a wagon taxi can accommodate them, those are not so easily found and whilst 8,000 rather than 1,300 may seem a mere bagatelle to you for some it really makes a significant difference and is how the business class can be justified. Also the thought of sitting for the 3rd straight 7 hours is rather less appealing than having a not uncomfortable 5~7 hours sleep with food and drink.

Spend on what has value, not just because.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » April 27, 2023, 6:59 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 26, 2023, 10:57 pm
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
April 26, 2023, 6:55 pm
Could always get a Taxi, after all if one is going to travel business class internationally there's obviously no problem cash wise.
I've bought in 40kgs before now and just paid the excess, how much for a Taxi? I'm guessing, probably about 8000bht to Udon.
Neither of those work if you have the quality of suitcases and weight associated my total was a little under 100kg. There is no domestic flight that I have found that allows anything in excess of 40 Kg and with the number of suitcases only a wagon taxi can accommodate them, those are not so easily found and whilst 8,000 rather than 1,300 may seem a mere bagatelle to you for some it really makes a significant difference and is how the business class can be justified. Also the thought of sitting for the 3rd straight 7 hours is rather less appealing than having a not uncomfortable 5~7 hours sleep with food and drink.

Spend on what has value, not just because.
Up to you what you consider value for money and how you spend it. I was merely suggesting an alternative which despite your opinion, does work, people do it all the time to Pattaya.
As can be seen below Estate Cars are available from the Airport Rank.
images (2).jpeg
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 27, 2023, 10:45 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
April 27, 2023, 6:59 am
people do it all the time to Pattaya.
A 2 hour trip to Pattaya is vastly different from an 8 hour trip, that is nonstop, so in practice more in the region of 9 hours plus if there are no significant traffic jams.

So that is absolutely a far less comfortable and vastly more expensive option, so yes you certainly can do it, and I have once, tried it and that is why the train takes the strain.
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 27, 2023, 11:04 pm

On my recent outing to Korea, I was pleasantly surprised to find out I was back in Royal Orchid Gold status Must have been those two dozen Thai Smile flights in and out of Oodorn (with no excess baggage).
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » April 28, 2023, 8:26 am

I'm confused Woody, you fly Business Class and then state how expensive Taxis are and that Estate Cars are difficult to obtain at BKK when clearly they are not.
You then go onto say that a Taxi from BKK to Udon takes 8 hours or more and then recommend travelling by Train which probably takes longer and is not door to door.
What happened to the Post Office?
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 28, 2023, 9:44 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
April 28, 2023, 8:26 am
I'm confused Woody, you fly Business Class and then state how expensive Taxis are and that Estate Cars are difficult to obtain at BKK when clearly they are not.
You then go onto say that a Taxi from BKK to Udon takes 8 hours or more and then recommend travelling by Train which probably takes longer and is not door to door.
You clearly have difficulty in either reading or comprehension, this suggests that the rhyming slang is probably a truism

Because A is true does not mean that B is true

You are correct I have flown business class.
I never claimed that taxes are expensive.
However a taxi from BKK is expensive
A taxi from BKK WILL take around 8 hours on a good day and will force you to sit for another long period
A train will allow sleeping along with dining in reasonable comfort providing a restful trip, not to mention the lower cost
Of course it will take longer than a taxi but in vastly greater comfort
Nothing has happened to the post office do bother to read the posts for more detail.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » April 29, 2023, 7:03 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 28, 2023, 9:44 pm
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
April 28, 2023, 8:26 am
You clearly have difficulty in either reading or comprehension, this suggests that the rhyming slang is probably a truism

Because A is true does not mean that B is true

You are correct I have flown business class.
I never claimed that taxes are expensive.
However a taxi from BKK is expensive
A taxi from BKK WILL take around 8 hours on a good day and will force you to sit for another long period
A train will allow sleeping along with dining in reasonable comfort providing a restful trip, not to mention the lower cost
Of course it will take longer than a taxi but in vastly greater comfort
Nothing has happened to the post office do bother to read the posts for more detail.
Once again, as with the majority of your posts, you adopt your arrogant, patronising, insulting behaviour, in this case, all because someone suggested an alternative to your idea of travelling to Udon with a heavy load.
I'm sure most people reading this are getting bored with this trivial tete-a-tete so I'll leave you to wallow in your own conceit.
By the way Taxis is spelt Taxis, not TAXES

Return to “Travel & Transport”