Police to link databases with DLT

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Police to link databases with DLT

Post by FrazeeDK » February 9, 2023, 9:53 am

geez, I thought they'd done this a couple of years ago. COVID must have put it off :shock:
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -to-e-data

Dave

Udon Map
Admin

Re: Police to link databases with DLT

Post by Udon Map » February 9, 2023, 12:03 pm

When I first came to Udon I had a number of dealings with the police (theft of cash and laptop by former employee, and truck stolen from the airport). While every officer had a laptop and printer at his desk, my impression was that they were connected to nothing but each other, and used only to produce reports on paper, which were then subjected to the usual plethora of rubber stamps.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 9, 2023, 9:02 pm

well, the Immigration police seem to have a working database. The land transportation too. I'm sure the police have one as well but interlinking them for mutual access just isn't there. Of course some of the technological jumps aren't made for what appear to be obvious reasons. A couple of years ago it was broached that the police would issue tickets electronically with the offending driver issued a ticket that could be paid at any paypoint to include 7-11 getting rid of cash payment on the spot..
Dave

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 10, 2023, 9:45 am

My only concern regarding this new technological advance in the RTPs arsenal is that knowing that Thais are so predictably lax in vehicle registration, taxing them and insuring them that too often the wrong person is going to be saddled with incidents that they have never been involved in and with the POOR transparency and veil of secrecy over most Police interaction with the public life for some could be difficult .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 10, 2023, 11:32 am

Time will tell ... likely at vehicle tax disc renewal which my insurance agents does as part of their service.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 12, 2023, 11:09 am

I think DM you missed the point, too often here vehicle details are NOT updated or changed so therefore the RTP having access to details held by the LTD, could prove difficult for a vehicle owner creating problems.
For years I have been having letters sent to me about a vehicle I have never owned for fines etc, each time I send it back, the last time it came with a threat, so my friendly lawyer advised a dept somewhere, that it was a mistake etc and now the letters have stopped `

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 12, 2023, 11:20 am

Khun Paul wrote:
February 12, 2023, 11:09 am
I think DM you missed the point, too often here vehicle details are NOT updated or changed so therefore the RTP having access to details held by the LTD, could prove difficult for a vehicle owner creating problems.
For years I have been having letters sent to me about a vehicle I have never owned for fines etc, each time I send it back, the last time it came with a threat, so my friendly lawyer advised a dept somewhere, that it was a mistake etc and now the letters have stopped `
I can see there being an issue if a vehicle is sold and the new owners fail to change the name address in the blue gook etc with the old owner receiving letters for fines, this has happened to me in the past so i just went and made a police report at the station, my point is in case this happens it will effect the renewal of the windscreen tax disc if outstanding fines are tagged to the vehicle .. not the owner.

Also rental cars etc .. will they track down the person that rented the car on the day and time a fine was issued ??

Another cloudy grey area to navigate and only time will tell how it pans out same as the recent point deduction system, any members had points deducted yet ??

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 12, 2023, 11:32 am

I agree as much as some seem to think I have at go at Thailand, in this case their attitude is such that you start off being a wary person.
Unlike the UK were failure to notify if you have sold is an 0ffence , here I have not heard of a penalty and if a fine is issued against your vehicle you ae unable to retax your vehicle , creating more problems .
Issuance of Points against your licence will be another pit of contradictions and problems, as if done by a photo, they do as yet to my understanding check vehicle details against DLT before issuing ticket therefore a FALSE or ILLEGAL plat is NOT automatically detected and therefore the subsequent fine/points issued against the owner/driver which i feel considering how long it took me to stop a relatively minor problem will be awkward at best

Lets face it if the Post Office keep delivering letters not for my address but somewhere else just because the numbers are right but wrong Area, just think of the chaos with Fines etc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 12, 2023, 11:42 am

Failure to notify is an offence in Thailand. It was one of the multiple choice questions when I obtained a motorbike license, I did the test 18/12/2022. It was multiple choice, must be done within 7 days if I remember correctly, I think the fine is small, but 500 baht comes to mind.

I also had a fine against my vehicle last year for a dubious camera offence, I never paid but had no problems renewing tax.

YEMBDTM
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 12, 2023, 2:04 pm

Yess before Feb 2023 it was ALLdifferent, NOW with popints etc and more onerous fines, I suspect the Govt Officers will crack down and so those that ignored the law will be joined by those who wish NOT to pay, Making law abiding drivers more at risk by those who flout the law. No real enforcement on the roads just stop checks which can be easily circumnavigated and so the lawlessness will continue until those entrusted to enforce the law, actually do !!!!!!!!!!!!.

I always remember a statement about Thailand and driving which i believe I saw in a publication about Thailand, it read if i REMEMBER correctly . Thailand's Road Traffic laws arำ based basically on British Laws, however due to the nature and temperment of Thais, they will circumnavigate any law if they feel it is better for them . THAT attitude has not changed.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 12, 2023, 3:30 pm

No, after January 10 2023 the only thing that changed was the points system, the road rules did not change. Why do you say it ALL changed, from my observation almost nothing changed and it is yet to be seen if the demerit system is actually going to be enforced.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 12, 2023, 6:49 pm

From 10 Jan the points system was introduced and according to the latest numbers and reported in the BKK Post (as of about a week ago) just over 15000 drivers nationwide had points deducted from the 12 each license has to begin with ... so it appears they are enforcing the points system.

I dont think the actual road laws changed but the fines for certain things such as driving without a DL , no road tax speeding , red light jumping etc were all increased.

DM

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 13, 2023, 4:48 pm

I note you failed to respond to the clearly documented lies in my earlier post.

You just cannot help yourself can you? I got a fine over 2 years ago I sent it back and said evidence did not show I went through red light never heard back.

tax is up to date on motor car and motor bike, licenses up to date.

Tax disc, this Thailand not the UK there is no such thing as a round MOT disk in this country it is a label. In my old state in NSW, no labels are issued, all police cars have numberplate recognition. Sound like dementia has come into play. At age 74 that is quite serious, you need to cut back on alcohol and recreational chemicals either plant or lab produced. Maybe a good idea to consider your participation in forums if your brain is that defective.

Now you obviously have zero knowledge of the issue, so you either lie or are delusional

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 19, 2023, 11:09 am

Bit of info as an update re check and license points...

I was recently stopped at a BIB check point in Isan .. Mr you speed over 108 in a 90 .. ok fair cop guv.

presented my license at small roadside police box and told 500 bt by nice pleasant guy but no English ,i asked for discount as it was a big wide new dual lane road easy to let the speed go up (hence the check point location)

OK discount you 200 you pay 300 .. but make report , i was thinking thats strange usually disc equals no report..ok

Report made given receipt paid 300.

Get back udon and go to renew my truck first class insurance and asked my brilliant insurance guy Mr Joe to check the receipt i was given for the speeding ..it all looked official but it showed my details but the fine was not for speeding it was for failure to carry my truck log book with me not speeding ... i was never asked for my log book at the check point only told it was for speeding ... it turns out by doing this i dont get any points deduction on my license :D as this offence is not classed as serious so not listed and more so the 300 bt stays within the BIB piggy bank where as a speeding ticket fine payment has to go to another - ie the relevant department to process the point deduction from license..

It seems there is now an official police LTD phone app where you can check your license re points deductions.

above just as info

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 19, 2023, 11:29 am

Thanks for the heads up John

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 19, 2023, 1:22 pm

This is the Android version of the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... l=en&pli=1

When I try to install to my phone via my PC, it tells me the app is not available to any of my devices. :shock:

Perhaps someone else could try, and report back. 👍

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 21, 2023, 11:54 am

Why bother, never get a fine, no points lost ...simple

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » March 21, 2023, 8:03 pm

Same Same, JS
DLTapp.jpg
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 21, 2023, 9:36 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
March 21, 2023, 11:54 am
Typical KP pompous response to a post offering information and a heads up re on the spot fines road side being tied to points deductions .. nothing else to make folks aware if given a receipt to have it checked.

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 22, 2023, 6:59 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 21, 2023, 9:36 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
March 21, 2023, 11:54 am
Typical KP pompous response to a post offering information and a heads up re on the spot fines road side being tied to points deductions .. nothing else to make folks aware if given a receipt to have it checked.

DM
Pompous response, more like a factuasl response that upsets the new age woke brigade . Break the law get fined, do not break the law, do NOT get fined, what is pompous about that .
If not fined, there are no points lost. Now which part of that is difficult to understand. Doh !!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Travel & Transport”