Bangkok to Vancouver

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
mak
udonmap.com

Bangkok to Vancouver

Post by mak » December 5, 2022, 9:04 am

Air Canada’s Vancouver-Bangkok flight touched down in the Kingdom of Thailand early this morning and, for the first time in 10 years, there is a nonstop flight between North America and Thailand.

On December 1 at 11pm local time, the Air Canada Boeing 787 Dreamliner AC65 took off from Vancouver International Airport to begin its 15-hour and 55-minute journey to Bangkok.

Air Canada’s Vancouver-Bangkok flight touched down in the Kingdom of Thailand early this morning and, for the first time in 10 years, there is a nonstop flight between North America and Thailand.

On December 1 at 11pm local time, the Air Canada Boeing 787 Dreamliner AC65 took off from Vancouver International Airport to begin its 15-hour and 55-minute journey to Bangkok.

A celebration at Vancouver International Airport (YVR) yesterday marked the inaugural Flight AC65. The flight from Vancouver to Bangkok will operate on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Flight AC66 will depart the Thai capital at 8,30am on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday, arriving in Vancouver at 6.35am local time.

The seasonal Air Canada service will operate four times a week between now and April 17. Travellers can choose from three cabins — lie-flat seats in Signature Class as well as Premium Economy and Economy Class.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: Bangkok to Vancouver

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 5, 2022, 9:27 am

I'm booked for Jan. 15, arriving in Thailand on Jan. 17. I will fly to Vancouver from Toronto on Jan. 12th. It is a five and a half hour flight between Toronto and Van.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 5, 2022, 10:11 am

The return flight is a bit shorter on the clock due to the jetstream.
ac66.jpg
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » December 5, 2022, 10:38 am

Anyone flown with aircanada before?
What was your experience?

Very poor reviews on trustpilot.
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/air-canada.se
UFF DA!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 5, 2022, 11:01 am

Jello wrote:
December 5, 2022, 10:38 am

Looks grim but needs some context maybe?

FWIW, I will be traveling to/from the UK before Christmas and checked all four carriers I will be using on trustpilot. They were all in the region of +75% 1-star ratings or 'Bad". For example Air Canada may be 1.3 but Qatar Airlines is getting only 1.6. The other three carriers are between 1.4 and 1.5 with ground services and customer service being the major gripes.

I checked Etihad and Emirates since a few people swear by them and Etihad is 1.4 (bad) while Emirates manages 1.9 (poor).

I think it's a sign of the broad air travel malaise caused by Covid with all airlines experiencing staffing and training issues. This won't make holiday travel something to look forward to so I will be flying with hand-carry only!
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 5, 2022, 11:31 am

Jello wrote:
December 5, 2022, 10:38 am

Over the past 50 years, I have flown with them often. Air Canada (TCA before AC) is okay. I think I liked Cathay Pacific, China Airlines and Singapore Airlines more, but it's been awhile since I have used those carriers. I like Thai Smile too.

Tarom was the worst (Rumania). Finnair, Iceland Air, Thai International, British Airways and Air France were good.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Return to “Travel & Transport”