Sydney Bkk cheaper than Brisbane??

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
bluejets
udonmap.com

Sydney Bkk cheaper than Brisbane??

Post by bluejets » October 29, 2021, 5:21 am

I imagine we'll have to wait and see what the future brings, but current travel enquiries in Thai Air international (as well as Qantas)shows travel from Brisbane to Suvarnabhumi return, quite a lot more than from Sydney to Suvarnabhumi return.

Doesn't really add up as Sydney flight each way is an extra 750Klm or more.

It was like this also before the Covid came crashing down and it's difficult to see why.

It's not as though the flights were half empty or anything, every time we went they were chock a block full.

Any ideas why?

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Sydney Bkk cheaper than Brisbane??

Post by 747man » October 29, 2021, 11:20 am

Well the answer is probably There are more flights to SYD Or the Landing Fees are Cheaper than BNE !!

Just fly BKK-SYD Then get a Domestic Flight from SYD to BNE ......Maybe Cheaper ??

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 29, 2021, 4:03 pm

In a Covid recovery world, the metrics of passenger loads maybe still prevail. Sydney remains the 'primary' gateway to the country with more flights and bums on seats. Brisbane being possibly less busy so commands higher fares? Didn't Qld argue against the federal case for reopening and want to keep everyone locked out/in? Perth is even nearer and before Covid was the cheaper entry point despite being less busy than the east-side airports.

In short, like OGS, I haven't a clue.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 29, 2021, 5:25 pm

I am not sure it helps to answer the question, but Thai Air flights to Oz show similar differences in prices.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » October 30, 2021, 5:53 am

Brisbane flights were always full and that was when there was a flight at least once a day.

The Brisbane Sydney Bangkok route could be done but it changes the travel time from the old 8.5 hours to 17 (according to the Thai Air web site).

Don't think the landing fees come into the equation as they currently also plan to run anything from Brisbane down to Sydney first and then go to Bangkok from there.
Also shows some routes going to Adelaide first and then back.
This seems to indicate low passenger numbers but how would they know, as the travel to Thailand hasn't started yet.

Bit like one of our wholesalers here......wouldn't keep any satellite tv gear as he said no one came in to ask for any.
We said, maybe if you kept some, as in the movie, they will come.

Dropped an email to Thai Air but mostly just a "robot" reply.
One bloke did put his 2 bobs worth in but as above, doesn't add up.

Apparently the Brisbane office is now closed, and everything is to be run from Melbourne(?) with 4 flights a week Sydney Bangkok and 3 Non-stop Sydney to Phuket.

Time will tell I imagine but I need to lug suitcases all the way down to Sydney when I want to go to Thailand like I need another hole in the head.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » October 30, 2021, 10:53 am

At the moment a flight from Brisvegas will pass through Sydney to get a direct flight to either pukhet or Bkk.
Nothing direct from Brissy to Thailand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » November 2, 2021, 9:10 am

Bit of an update...Singapore Airlines do the direct route from Brisbane with a 1:25 hour stopover in Changi and a total flight time of 11:45 over and 12:40 back.......for just over 1/2 the cost currently @ around the $900 mark.

Return to “Travel & Transport”