Covid-19 Watch out app?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Covid-19 Watch out app?

Post by NongKhaiLee » October 24, 2021, 3:59 am

The wife and I have been in the States for 16 months and are returning to NongKhai next week (if all works out). While I was checking flights on Thai Smile they directed me towards a schedule of QR codes for each destination available. The QR codes are supposedly for apps you must use to register for travel through Udon, if you use this app you are not required to quarantine but travel onward to your destination it says. I know this is going to be hard to believe :D , but when I captured the QR code on the schedule the app that was downloaded onto my phone was to track my menstrual cycle. Does anyone have current info on the requirements for flying in from Bangkok? If the app is actually required then can someone point me towards somewhere I can download it? (it's called "Covid-19 Watch out" according to Thai Smile. Thanks

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Covid-19 Watch out app?

Post by tamada » October 24, 2021, 4:47 am

I was looking at domestic travel on their website a few days ago and didn't see the app you mention. I just had a quick look at both their online (laptop) website and their app and don't see any extra or third party apps being offered.

Can you post a link here to what you are seeing?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 24, 2021, 5:58 am

You mention "next week" which is still October and 7-day ASQ in Bangkok still applies. From 1 November, ASQ is only for as long as it takes to get your negative arrival PCR test result. Also on 1 November Bangkok, Udon Thani and Nong Khai (Muang district, Sangkhom, Sri Chiang Mai and Tha Bo only) become 'sandbox' entities with no extra travel restrictions or the need to jump through so many hoops on arrival at your final destination.

Have a safe trip.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 24, 2021, 8:19 am

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » October 24, 2021, 9:05 am

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » October 24, 2021, 9:12 am

tamada wrote:
October 24, 2021, 5:58 am
You mention "next week" which is still October and 7-day ASQ in Bangkok still applies. From 1 November, ASQ is only for as long as it takes to get your negative arrival PCR test result. Also on 1 November Bangkok, Udon Thani and Nong Khai (Muang district, Sangkhom, Sri Chiang Mai and Tha Bo only) become 'sandbox' entities with no extra travel restrictions or the need to jump through so many hoops on arrival at your final destination.

Have a safe trip.
They changed to the "no quarantine" after I had already purchased our airfare, quarantine package, insurance, and obtained our COE's. We had attempted to come back last June but the Thai Consulate rejected my COE twice, so I didn't feel like trying to change our arrangements and applying for new COE's. My wife didn't believe that they would actually follow through with the new no quarantine plan, so didn't want to wait one more week. We'll see next week if that was a big mistake or not.

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » October 24, 2021, 9:19 am

tamada wrote:
October 24, 2021, 4:47 am
I was looking at domestic travel on their website a few days ago and didn't see the app you mention. I just had a quick look at both their online (laptop) website and their app and don't see any extra or third party apps being offered.

Can you post a link here to what you are seeing?
You have to enter your itinerary, such as Bangkok to Udon, then the dates and passengers info, then a popup will come up stating there are travel conditions that must be met at the destination. When you then click on the "read more" button it brings up the different requirements for each destination city Thai Smile flies to in Thailand.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 24, 2021, 4:04 pm

If you are doing the full ASQ, by the time that finishes, Bangkok, Udon and those bits of Nong Khai will all be the same quarantine-free status. I haven't heard anything extra being needed so if i was in your position, i would ignore any extra apps. They are not a condition for flight, just advisory.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » October 28, 2021, 7:31 am

tamada wrote:
October 24, 2021, 4:04 pm
If you are doing the full ASQ, by the time that finishes, Bangkok, Udon and those bits of Nong Khai will all be the same quarantine-free status. I haven't heard anything extra being needed so if i was in your position, i would ignore any extra apps. They are not a condition for flight, just advisory.
Thanks for the advice, I just messaged the quarantine hotel and asked them what happens to us after November 1st? I have heard from other travelers that they were cut loose and free to travel when the quarantine was cut back from 14 days to 10 days. I can't book any flights until we know for sure when we'll be out of quarantine anyway.

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » November 1, 2021, 12:40 pm

Looks like we are going to be here at the quarantine hotel for the full seven days.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 2, 2021, 2:56 pm

I was looking at flights on the Thaismile website and clicked the button
no idea.jpg
that brought up the infographic about local C-19 rules
still no idea.jpg
and note that the Watch out app is only listed as a requirement for Udon Thani.
clueless.jpg
When I click the link, it appears to be dead. Tried again with a VPN and still dead.
https://www.moicovid.com/

However, scan the Udon QR code gets you to an invite to install the Udon Covid watch app which I assume is the one tat the OP mentioned as wanting all sorts of irrelevant stuff.
watch out.jpg
Just what we need... another bloody Covid-related app.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » November 3, 2021, 7:22 am

that is the same QR code and app I ended up at, but when I scanned the qr code I ended up with an app to predict my menstrual cycle. If I was young and a woman that might be helpful

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » November 3, 2021, 11:27 am

I was let out of 7 day quarantine today after one day only. They said i will get a refund, but TIT..... Now waiting to board plane for Udon.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 3, 2021, 3:06 pm

rick wrote:
November 3, 2021, 11:27 am
I was let out of 7 day quarantine today after one day only. They said i will get a refund, but TIT..... Now waiting to board plane for Udon.
Well done and welcome home!

I reckon the ASQ hotels and booking systems are getting slammed right now so the faster they can turn around the fully-vaccinated that arrived under the 7-day CoE regime, the faster they can free up rooms and turn around the expected 'flood' of 1-day TP arrivals.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » November 4, 2021, 7:42 am

rick wrote:
November 3, 2021, 11:27 am
I would guess you arrived after the new rules took effect, after Nov. 1st, I arrived on October 30th.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » November 4, 2021, 11:14 am

Yes, i arrived on November 2nd, with COE. I was somewhat surprised at how full my international flight was (about 60-70%) and the arrivals hall was crowded, everyone trying to find their hotel representative. Had to wait about 40 minutes for transport, van filled up before my turn. Hotel very efficient, tested 5 minutes after arrival, result available by breakfast.
I quickly booked flight to Udon and got a taxi to airport (he used the meter!). Domestic departures and arrivals seemed as busy as pre-covid. Flight about 75% full, only covid check was on vaccination status. At Udon airport that was checked again, all done very efficiently, was outside within 15 minutes of landing.

At no time was i asked if i had covid app on my phone (fortunately).

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 4, 2021, 3:06 pm

rick wrote:
November 4, 2021, 11:14 am
Yes, i arrived on November 2nd, with COE. I was somewhat surprised at how full my international flight was (about 60-70%) and the arrivals hall was crowded, everyone trying to find their hotel representative. Had to wait about 40 minutes for transport, van filled up before my turn. Hotel very efficient, tested 5 minutes after arrival, result available by breakfast.
I quickly booked flight to Udon and got a taxi to airport (he used the meter!). Domestic departures and arrivals seemed as busy as pre-covid. Flight about 75% full, only covid check was on vaccination status. At Udon airport that was checked again, all done very efficiently, was outside within 15 minutes of landing.

At no time was i asked if i had covid app on my phone (fortunately).
What did the airline and airport accept for proof of your vaccination status?

Ta
tam
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » November 4, 2021, 3:23 pm

NHS covid vaccination certificate (Also what was uploaded for COE)

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » November 5, 2021, 6:24 am

Our flight from the U.S. to Korea was about half full, but the flight from Korea to Bangkok had 27 people on board. That was October 30th. Sounds like quite a difference. Thanks for detailing what happened at Udon, we will be heading through there to NongKhai the day after tomorrow. Sounds like I don't have t worry about the app for Udon then.

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » November 7, 2021, 10:45 am

Yahoo!!! We're out of quarantine jail...waiting for our flight to Udon. When we checked in at Suvarnabhumi the Thai Smile agent told me to scan the QR code for Udon from a poster board with QR codes for tracking apps for each airport. I had to point out to her that there was no QR code for Udon.

Return to “Travel & Transport”