Flying via U-Tapao and Sakon Nakhon.

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
tamada
udonmap.com

Flying via U-Tapao and Sakon Nakhon.

Post by tamada » July 23, 2021, 7:20 pm

Nok Air have come up with several new routes to get around deep red interstate travel restrictions.

Of possible interest to Udon-bound travelers or those with flight connections in/out of Suvarnabhumi, starting in August, there's twice-weekly service, Thursday and Sunday, between U-Tapao and Sakon Nakhon. The inward flight (to SNO) leaves at 09:15 with the outbound (to UTP) at 11:10. Might be of benefit the international traveler arriving late evening at BKK or catching a late afternoon or evening departure out of BKK?

I plugged in the numbers for a pax with 20 kg of checked and it's 6698 baht r/t. Of course the carry-on traveler is around half of that.

They also have UTH listed as a destination but since Udon is deep red, that may have restrictions on arrival that aren't as easy to formalize as an entry via road?

YMMV
ec83f.png

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Flying via U-Tapao and Sakon Nakhon.

Post by stattointhailand » July 23, 2021, 11:12 pm

Are we really Deep Red now ? I thought there were only 13 Deep Reds and the rest inc Udon were Red. Cant keep up with the constant changes from one hour to the next, and then the local officials in some provs add extra restrictions above those they are required to have and others dont ........ :confused: :confused: :confused:

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Flying via U-Tapao and Sakon Nakhon.

Post by tamada » July 23, 2021, 11:46 pm

Flyer due diligence is mandatory. If Udon is only Red versus Deep Red, then the UTH-UTP option on Nok Air is the more logical choice. I didn't check flight frequency or times.

Return to “Travel & Transport”