driving license renewal

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
fantom
udonmap.com

Re: driving license renewal

Post by fantom » June 23, 2021, 5:37 pm

and my Western Australian document is a "DRIVER'S LICENSE". However, this IS Thailand, and here we have a Driving License.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 23, 2021, 5:57 pm

What's the Australian word for semantics? Is it the same as the British word or the American word?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 23, 2021, 7:16 pm

fantom wrote:
June 23, 2021, 5:37 pm
and my Western Australian document is a "DRIVER'S LICENSE". However, this IS Thailand, and here we have a Driving License.
Why does it matter?
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

fantom
udonmap.com

Post by fantom » June 24, 2021, 1:38 am

When I started this thread I was unaware of the thread "renew drivers license", and a search for "Driving License" failed to reveal it. Consequently there are now 2 threads for the same subject matter.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 21, 2021, 3:37 pm

Your name doesn't have to be Sasithon Namjaingam, and you don't have to be female, but if your driver's license is expired or soon to be, you can continue to drive until the end of the year.......or so the good people at the Ministry of Transportation say.

The Ministry of Transportation has again extended the time that expired driver's licenses can be used.....until 31 December 2021. This extension has been coordinated with the police department.
People driving vehicles that transport goods, weighing no more than 2200 kg and registered transport will extend the time again. # expired driver's license Can be used until 31 Dec. '64 by the Transport Authority has coordinated with the police to waive the rules, regulations, orders for drivers already . Therefore, use an expired driver's license. can drive until the end of the year
👉 In addition, there is a relief for those who have a temporary personal car driver's license. or a driver's license to drive a personal car, can drive a car that is used for transporting goods, such as trucks carrying no more than 2,200 kilograms as registered under the law by land transport (Yellow label pickups) until 31 Dec. 64 as well

#อนุโลมให้ถึงสิ้นปี ขนส่งฯ ขยายเวลาอีกรอบให้ #ใบขับขี่ที่หมดอายุ สามารถใช้ได้ถึง 31 ธ.ค. 64 โดยทางขนส่งฯ ได้ประสานงานกับทางตำรวจให้ผ่อนผันกฎ ระเบียบ ข้อบังคับ คำสั่ง ให้กับผู้ขับขี่แล้ว . . เนื่องจากตอนนี้ยังงดให้บริการเกี่ยวกับใบขับขี่ในช่วงนี้อยู่ เลยให้ใช้ใบขับขี่ที่หมดอายุแล้ว ขับรถได้จนคงสิ้นปี
👉 นอกจากนี้ ยังได้ผ่อนปรนให้ผู้ที่มีใบขับขี่รถยนต์ส่วนบุคคลชั่วคราว หรือใบขับขี่ขับรถยนต์ส่วนบุคคลสามารถขับรถที่ใช้รับจ้างขนส่งสินค้าได้ ได้แก่ รถบรรทุกที่มีน้ำหนักรถไม่เกิน 2,200 กิโลกรัม ที่จดทะเบียนตามกฎหมายด้วยการขนส่งทางบก (รถปิคอัพป้ายเหลือง) จนถึง 31 ธ.ค. 64 เช่นกัน

If you fall into either category, it might be handy to print out the attachment and keep it handy in in your vehicle.
Attachments
233677852_2096699753828986_6487955690712307196_n.jpg

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » August 21, 2021, 5:19 pm

I got my new UK driving licence yesterday, it has a Union Flag on it rather than the EU stars.

God save the Queen, you chebs.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 21, 2021, 7:50 pm

Westers, I had to look up the meaning of "chebs".

If you are in some way referring to Queen Betty's noms, you should rightly expect an avalanche criticism from the forum royalists, including, but not limited to, DM, KP and Val.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » August 22, 2021, 12:51 am

Thanks for the heads up, just putting my tin hat on now.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 22, 2021, 8:31 am

Earnest wrote:
August 21, 2021, 5:19 pm
I got my new UK driving licence yesterday, it has a Union Flag on it rather than the EU stars.

God save the Queen, you chebs.
Did you get the full 10 years out of your old licence or did you lose some months if applying for the new one early?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » August 22, 2021, 3:47 pm

The full 10 and it was a quick turn around.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 24, 2021, 1:39 am

^ that’s good 👍

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » August 24, 2021, 4:50 am

It is but I've made it sound like a hand job from a lady boy.

Where on earth is Cali these days?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 24, 2021, 9:20 pm

^pretending to be Scottish on Facebook

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » September 4, 2021, 7:26 pm

Returning to LOS later this month after 18 months Covid absence. My licences expired in November 2020.

I thought I read somewhere on this forum that, you had until the end of the year to renew (may be wrong)?

If I cannot, I presumably need to start from scratch and vaguely remember in the distant past having to get an IDP to secure a licence. Correct?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 4, 2021, 10:20 pm

samster wrote:
September 4, 2021, 7:26 pm
Returning to LOS later this month after 18 months Covid absence. My licences expired in November 2020.

I thought I read somewhere on this forum that, you had until the end of the year to renew (may be wrong)?

If I cannot, I presumably need to start from scratch and vaguely remember in the distant past having to get an IDP to secure a licence. Correct?
Correct, starting from scratch? No.

You have at least until November 2021 to renew your license without doing anything extra. In normal times If your license is expired over 1 year and under 3 you need to take a theory test, if over 3 years it’s a theory and driving test.

There have been at least a couple of times where renewal has been stoped due to the virus. The DLT website is still saying that driving license services are suspended however certainly some, if not all, offices seem to be working reasonably normally.

You should try to register and watch the video online as it makes the renewal process fast, some offices may not accept a renewal if you haven’t got the online certificate showing you’ve sat through the video as they are not showing it.

There are mixed reports on being able to use the converting process if you have ever had a Thai license, some people have been able to do it a second time, some have been refused. If you are able then an IDP is required (though again there are reports of people doing the conversion without one)
113D3673-6CAF-49C0-BFFF-97CDF76E24F3.jpeg

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » September 5, 2021, 1:52 pm

Thank you

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 5, 2021, 5:22 pm

^^ No mention of a yellow book or pinkie. Only residence certification from immigration. Welcome to NK. ;)
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 5, 2021, 11:13 pm

Giggle wrote:
September 5, 2021, 5:22 pm
^^ No mention of a yellow book or pinkie. Only residence certification from immigration. Welcome to NK. ;)
Not mentioned as the numbers of foreign residents having them is limited. The ability to register for the online video certainly was, and may still be, limited to those with a issued Thai ID number that is given with the yellow book and repeated on the pink card.

Some offices, certainly ones I have used, do not require an immigration piece of paper if you have the yellow/pink combo

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 6, 2021, 7:16 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 5, 2021, 11:13 pm
Giggle wrote:
Not mentioned as the numbers of foreign residents having them is limited. The ability to register for the online video certainly was, and may still be, limited to those with a issued Thai ID number that is given with the yellow book and repeated on the pink card.

Some offices, certainly ones I have used, do not require an immigration piece of paper if you have the yellow/pink combo
I completed my license renewal recently and the system has been updated to allow Farang to log into the video session and make the appointment using their Passport details.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 6, 2021, 7:56 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
September 6, 2021, 7:16 am
sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 5, 2021, 11:13 pm
Giggle wrote:

I completed my license renewal recently and the system has been updated to allow Farang to log into the video session and make the appointment using their Passport details.
Thank you for the update

Return to “Travel & Transport”