Quarantine for domestic travel ?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
rct
udonmap.com

Quarantine for domestic travel ?

Post by rct » April 18, 2021, 10:23 am

Is a 14 day home quarantine now required in Udon, for people arriving from Bangkok (domestic travelkers), or from other red zones?

Please post link with explanation, if available.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Quarantine for domestic travel ?

Post by tamada » April 18, 2021, 10:51 am

Per the CCSA's release last Friday (see post from their FB page in English in the Covid Important Information thread),

"There’s also no specific travel restrictions imposed although the PM ‘discouraged’ travel to Red Zone provinces. Provincial governors are still able to add their own local restrictions if they deem necessary."

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/br ... m-the-ccsa

My choice would be to stay in Udon and discourage visits by anyone coming from anywhere else.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 18, 2021, 2:08 pm

Seems provincial governors have the option to add their own restrictions (much like governors in the US). The Udon Ministry of Health public announcement includes:
Udon Thani Province announcement
Post time 16/04/2021 15:49:55
Announcement of Udon Thani Province, April 16, 2021 additional

5. People traveling from Chiang Mai And those traveling from high-risk areas and those who have visited the provincial-designated entertainment venues, pubs, bars, have to quarantine themselves at home for 14 days and register with government officials.
5. ผู้ที่เดินทางมาจากเชียงใหม่ และผู้ที่เดินทางมาจากพื้นที่เสี่ยงและผู้ที่เคยเที่ยวสถานบันเทิง ผับ บาร์ ตามที่จังหวัดกำหนดต้องกักตัวเองที่บ้าน 14 วันและลงทะเบียนกับเจ้าหน้าที่ของรัฐ

That's all I can find on the subject

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » April 18, 2021, 3:05 pm

Am wanting to go home to Udon from another southern province on the list.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 18, 2021, 3:13 pm

rct wrote:
April 18, 2021, 3:05 pm
Am wanting to go home to Udon from another southern province on the list.
In that case I believe it is the same as DM had to do when he was doing his resupply runs in and out of Bangkok via Buriram a few weeks back. Once you arrive home in Udon, you would need to notify your local tambon administrative organisation (orbortor) that you have arrived (registration). Their health people will visit, check temperature, etc., and advise exactly what's needed. If you tell us the tambon where your home is, it's possible a forum member already knows or can go ask.

PS: If you have a smartphone, download and register the Mor Chana app as they really like that.

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » April 18, 2021, 4:02 pm

Basically, if I must quarantine at home 14 days I may prefer to just stay where I am a while longer.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 18, 2021, 8:06 pm

rct wrote:
April 18, 2021, 4:02 pm
Basically, if I must quarantine at home 14 days I may prefer to just stay where I am a while longer.
Your call and if that's not a hardship, stay put. However, I reckon it may get worse before it gets better. They've already said the current plans are good for two weeks which is near end of April when the blow back from the unrestricted Songkran migration kicks in.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 19, 2021, 7:48 am

Ant travel during these times is fraught with danger and problems, when people say I am looking to go on holiday, I say, stay where the hell you are as until this situation improves worldwide then all sorts of restrictions may be in place. 2022 may be the better option to think about travelling .

Locally it is down to the whim of each Provincial Governor and while some are itching to reopen others operate a more cautious approach .

I agree with Tam, if you can stay where you are until the population has relocated itself into its desired locations , this would be a safer option I think .

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » April 19, 2021, 8:39 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 19, 2021, 7:48 am
…. I say, stay where the hell you are as until this situation improves ….
=D> =D> =D>

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 19, 2021, 9:44 am

On my way to the Tessban/Amphur to get up to date info on inter provincial travel restrictions and any documentation required.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » April 19, 2021, 12:23 pm

Appreciate if you can update us DM.

I'm getting out of hotel quarantine in BKK next week and need my plan of attack on best way to get home to Udon; plane, car, gun boat up the Mekong, etc.

Cheers

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 19, 2021, 12:25 pm

I would fly but the Mekong gunboat trip sounds good
images (46).jpg
images (46).jpg (6.33 KiB) Viewed 2882 times

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 19, 2021, 12:36 pm

Cant comment about air or gun boat travel ...but by road .. heres what we were told.

Much the same as previous.

Advisory do not Travel unless its essential

For essential inter provincial travel / offer reason for travel ie carryout business duties
Morchana installed on phone
Show Company business regd docs
Agree to checks en route and adhere to all covid guidelines with ref to masks n social distancing etc.
Check with the province where any journey terminates as to their restrictions, which may include health checks , a covid test at 600bt and / or home quarantine.

Question asked .. what about a non stop over round trip ?? reply was at best .. sketchy

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 19, 2021, 1:30 pm

^ Based on DM's informative post which is related to doing business, I would think that for the non-businessman, "returning home" (with proof of domicile) would suffice if asked. A Thai DL will have the holders residential address on the back if the traveler doesn't have their ID card or isn't toting their yellow book.

I think the key for any returning home is to make a positive effort to check in first with the tambon orbortor rather than have some neighbor dob you in. Not in Udon but I recall some reports last year of those who didn't check-in first and were tracked down a few days later having to do tests AND quarantine. If you arrive late in the day or overnight, the next day should suffice.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » April 19, 2021, 9:26 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 19, 2021, 12:36 pm
Cant comment about air or gun boat travel ...but by road .. heres what we were told.

Much the same as previous.

Advisory do not Travel unless its essential

For essential inter provincial travel / offer reason for travel ie carryout business duties
Morchana installed on phone
Show Company business regd docs
Agree to checks en route and adhere to all covid guidelines with ref to masks n social distancing etc.
Check with the province where any journey terminates as to their restrictions, which may include health checks , a covid test at 600bt and / or home quarantine.

Question asked .. what about a non stop over round trip ?? reply was at best .. sketchy

DM
thanks for the update.

Been advised by a judges we know to get a driver to take me straight from hotel quarantine to home in udon. He advised this over flying.
I'm not really clear why he is advising this, apart from the fact one of his mates has a nice new motor and is looking for an excuse to drive from BKK to Udon to visit him. :-k
Maybe he knows or thinks quarantine might be enforced upon arrival at Udon airport?

What a bloody carry on just to get home.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 19, 2021, 9:29 pm

Yes i would go the road route over flying for sure mate

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 20, 2021, 6:36 am

Unknown Thai driver for 600-odd kilometers versus 50 minutes on Nok Air. Got to admit that's a marginal call.

You can get full hazmat kit on lazada BTW.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 20, 2021, 6:52 am

"Is a 14 day home quarantine now required in Udon, for people arriving from Bangkok (domestic travelkers), or from other red zones?"

answer is YES
For any clarification one should contact their local authorities.
Good Luck

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 20, 2021, 7:24 am

More so IMO there could be more issues at an airport and on a plane with regard to being infected than being picked up sat in a car with maybe a quick piss stop (thats toilet not alcohol Dean).. Recent cluster infections on Phuket flights highlighted this .

As Dodo states there is a 14 day home quarantine arriving in Udon from a red zone or a health check / covid test option at 600 bt .. mode of transport UP2U as they say i know which i would go with ..especially now the SK travel has gone n roads will be quieter .. saying that there are heavy roadworks on HW 2 from Korat to Kk to Ud .

Keep safe mate

DM

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » April 20, 2021, 4:56 pm

'er indoors just driven up from Pattaya - no stops/checks anywhere
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Return to “Travel & Transport”