Inter Province travel

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Inter Province travel

Post by stattointhailand » February 8, 2021, 9:57 am

This is the latest entry/exit info I can find from TAT

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/02/provinc ... -measures/

this is the Udon bit:

Udon Thani: Returning residents from Ang Thong, Bangkok, Chanthaburi, Chon Buri, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Rayong, Samut Prakan, and Samut Sakhon are to report to the local administration or public health office, as well as register with the local contact tracing system and enter a 14-day home quarantine.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Inter Province travel

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 8, 2021, 1:51 pm

Similar to what we have to do when getting inter provincial travel docs for our normsl. business activities .. the 14 day home quarantine applies if you have been a residety pr staying in Bangkok or any of the the other places mentioned for a lenghty period ... we asked as had heard the same but in our case its a visit as part of a non stop trip .therefore .just a che k up.at the health authority upon return was ok

However TIT .. things are different from.day to day ?

Dm.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 8, 2021, 2:39 pm

It will be interesting to see what reception I get at UT airport after jumping off a plane from Bangkok, straight out of 15 days ASQ.

I have asked the hotel about what paperwork will be issued upon my departure, and in particular, whether there will be some sort of certificate showing that I have had 2 negative results from COVID-19 tests.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 8, 2021, 3:16 pm

TIT Jack ...... bet PC Jobsworth reads the rules and says you come from BKK so must do 14 days in Udon :-"

It's also odds on Jobsworth senior "might be in a position to help you avoid such a situation " :-$

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 8, 2021, 3:58 pm

jackspratt wrote:
February 8, 2021, 2:39 pm
It will be interesting to see what reception I get at UT airport after jumping off a plane from Bangkok, straight out of 15 days ASQ.

I have asked the hotel about what paperwork will be issued upon my departure, and in particular, whether there will be some sort of certificate showing that I have had 2 negative results from COVID-19 tests.
The tome of ASQ-related paperwork should be sufficient, no? Since you can't enter Thailand by air without ASQ-ing and you can't leave ASQ without testing -ve, there's no need for the hotel to issue anything else IMHO.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 8, 2021, 4:01 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 8, 2021, 3:16 pm
TIT Jack ...... bet PC Jobsworth reads the rules and says you come from BKK so must do 14 days in Udon :-"

It's also odds on Jobsworth senior "might be in a position to help you avoid such a situation " :-$
Needless scaremongering, IMHO. Nobody's mentioned being quizzed on arrival on a domestic flight at UTH and no tales of hazmat-suited health checkers waiting with minivans to whisk dirty farangs away to involuntary ASQ in Nong Wua So (scary I know).

YMMV

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 8, 2021, 4:46 pm

Judging by the way local agencies enforce the rules arbitrarily, unless YOU HAVE to travel outside of the Province it seems not doing so is the safer option in the current situation.
I am aware of the rules and laws regarding ASQs etc, but caution in interpreting your understanding and theirs is a wise move .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 8, 2021, 6:11 pm

Quick response received from hotel:
Dear Mr. spratt,

Regarding with below email, may we inform you that we will give for the temporary certificate by hotel on checked out date.
However, certificate from DDC will send to you by address that you prefer with my team.
Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.
At least I will have a piece of paper to wave around if challenged.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 8, 2021, 6:27 pm

You can do your Neville Chamberlain impression Jack
" I believe it is peace for our time.” Then he added, “Now I recommend you to go home and sleep quietly in your beds.” As Britain slept, the German army marched

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 8, 2021, 6:47 pm

Not enough time to grow the moustache, statts.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 19, 2021, 2:59 pm

OK just got back from the smoke.
For the first time in over 20 yrs on Thai roadtrips of more than a couple hundred km I did not get stopped by or even see a police checkpoint on either the Udon - Bkk or Bkk - Udon journey. So much for Red zones/Amber zones etc etc. Stayed at Lad Prao and got Blue line in and out of centre to visit passport office (Trendy soi 13)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 19, 2021, 4:46 pm

I read that there's either a very recent or imminent relaxation of the rules with most of the provinces going "green" like Udon. Handy, as I'm off to Ubon for a wedding. I've been told that my new bride's a cracker!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 19, 2021, 7:21 pm

tamada wrote:
February 19, 2021, 4:46 pm
I read that there's either a very recent or imminent relaxation of the rules with most of the provinces going "green" like Udon. Handy, as I'm off to Ubon for a wedding. I've been told that my new bride's a cracker! tho sadly blind
Indeed Statts .. things seem to be in the process of relaxation as we are going to Bkk next Monday and already told no need for the travel docs as before ... only the MC App.

Tho as a heads upand SEPERATE ISSUE .. government officials are expecting student flash mob protests in Bkk this weekend .. thus 9 vans of BIB from Udon were set off to Bkk yesterday to keep the peace etc .. prob from other provinces as well so must a good old punch up on the cards .. on the positive it does leave Udon rather short on on duty officers so maybe no road blocks etc and burglars paradise this weekend.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 20, 2021, 9:12 pm

Ah .......bussing coppers in to create a riot ......... Thatcherism alive and well after all these years :lol:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 20, 2021, 9:27 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 20, 2021, 9:12 pm
Ah .......bussing coppers in to create a riot ......... Thatcherism alive and well after all these years :lol:
Surely if the ones organizing the rallies respected the current covid regulations on gatherings no BIB would need busing anywhere , whilst a huge percent of the population including many businesses are struggling economically isnt it a bit selfish of these rally goers risking an outbreak and more months of the same ..

Maggie Thatcher was a fantastic PM IMO .

BTW it was 19 vans not 9 .. my fat fingers n a typo again..solly.

DM

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 20, 2021, 9:46 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 20, 2021, 9:27 pm
Maggie Thatcher was a fantastic PM IMO .
Which probably explains this:
Surely if the ones organizing the rallies respected the current covid regulations on gatherings no BIB would need busing anywhere , whilst a huge percent of the population including many businesses are struggling economically isnt it a bit selfish of these rally goers risking an outbreak and more months of the same ..
;)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 20, 2021, 10:04 pm

Perhaps the masses are getting fed up of "the powers that be" all over the world laying down the law, setting restrictions and then whilst Joe Public suffers the bigwigs ride roughshot all over them ,Stanley Johnson/Dom Cummings/Robert Jenrick/Grant Shapps/Ted Cruz/Scott Morrison/and many others who prefer to holiday in Hawaii/Mexico/Bavaria etc instead of being where they should be, spring to mind :lol:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 20, 2021, 10:37 pm

Thanks Jack.. well clarified , is it a problem thinking Maggie was a great and strong leader.

Statts .. i was refering to the situation in Thailand .. didnt realize all those you mentioned lived here.

DM

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 20, 2021, 10:50 pm

I liked Thatcher and her ability to counter the Councils and loony left. I did not like the way she surrendered all of Hong Kong to China, but without U.S. support, she did not have much choice. I liked the way she dealt with Argentina, and the miners. She also gave many people in Britain the opportunity to own their own homes.

I enjoyed the joke about the annual Conservative Convention at Blackpool: Waiter to Thatcher - What will you have? Thatcher - beef. Waiter - What about the vegetables? Thatcher - They'll have the same.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 20, 2021, 11:03 pm

"She also gave many people in Britain the opportunity to own their own homes."

and left todays kids living in digs, on the streets or with parents rather than in the now virtually non existent "council house" Selling off council owned accommodation for a pittance just to win votes was criminal

Return to “Travel & Transport”