Inter Province travel

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Inter Province travel

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 30, 2021, 10:55 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
December 30, 2021, 10:31 am
Will you be wearing your claret and lilac soccer jersey? That is bound to ward off all evil.
Indeed i will along with my "new" original Bailey flat cap which makes me look like a Peaky Blinder ... or as Tam said a Quirky Blighter.

Day one of two days NY celebrations starting off at the Outback where im told Col has splashed out on some paper plates and cups to avoid breakages, and deep fried Mars bars (obviously Jock influence there) .. im guessing be a good few guys turn up as a number of Udons well healed West side flat Earthers are also attending just as well more topless waiters have been drafted in and the new campsite is up n running..

The socks n sandals fashion show starts at 2pm .. with the Udon gurning championship following at 3pm with Tam trying to win for the 5th year in a row.

DM will be taking his speedos for a dip in the pool ..save me havin a shower til Sunday then.

Back on topic sadly ... a mate on the way from Patts to Kalasin as i type ..nose to tail carnage as predicted.

LYM .. HNY to you sir .. may your plums ripen .. dry, shrivel and roll out the bottom of your camel safari pants.

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 30, 2021, 1:16 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 30, 2021, 10:55 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Will you be wearing your claret and lilac soccer jersey? That is bound to ward off all evil.
Indeed i will along with my "new" original Bailey flat cap which makes me look like a Peaky Blinder ... or as Tam said a Quirky Blighter.

DM
Actually, as witnesses will attest, I said, "T w a t in a hat" so now there's (at least) two of us.

It is an exceptionally nice hat though.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 30, 2021, 1:57 pm

Just a quick reminder for those doing the Inter Province Travel this time of year, make sure ya check yer pigeon loft afore ye go .... can get right nippy int loft this time of year.......... tsall reet yon keepin warm with tha flat cap and ferret up thar trousa leg, but spare a thought for thar feathered friends ...... remember a pigeon is not just for Christmas lunch ......... it can be curried in the New Year too

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » December 31, 2021, 2:43 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 30, 2021, 10:55 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

Day one of two days NY celebrations starting off at the Outback where im told Col has splashed out on some paper plates and cups to avoid breakages, and deep fried Mars bars (obviously Jock influence there) .. im guessing be a good few guys turn up as a number of Udons well healed West side flat Earthers are also attending just as well more topless waiters have been drafted in and the new campsite is up n running..

The socks n sandals fashion show starts at 2pm .. with the Udon gurning championship following at 3pm with Tam trying to win for the 5th year in a row.

DM will be taking his speedos for a dip in the pool ..save me havin a shower til Sunday then.

Back on topic sadly ... a mate on the way from Patts to Kalasin as i type ..nose to tail carnage as predicted.

LYM .. HNY to you sir .. may your plums ripen .. dry, shrivel and roll out the bottom of your camel safari pants.

DM
DM, I sent you a PM. Please check it out!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 2, 2022, 7:42 pm

Quick update on the latest sortee to the Metropolis.. rather a strange trip in some ways.

not one sign of any covid related issues at any point of the 1900 km round trip.

Saw numerous sugar cane trucks turned over the most being on HW 24 last night .. all heading to the massive processing plant in Sangha.

An 18 wheeler carrying a full load of cement bags on its side at 5pm on the slip road at Wang Noi... the BIB decided to get a tractor and push all the bags into the central reservation ditch resulting in many burst bags and clouds of powder drifting across the mins Saraburi Bkk HW .. the poor lads trying to re stack them were white as ghosts ..at least it wasnt raining. !!

Had the pleasure of visiting Sisaket .. its been my opinion this place is a shitstain much the same as Grimsby but without the oil slicks and stink of fish.. whilst there i had to do a double take as there was a naked dwarf woman riding a 3 wheeler bike down the road in broad day light .. numerous honking horns and DM got a close up as when i turned into a side street the said woamn was staring directly at me .. she smiled to show one single large tooth at the same time as her complete birthday suit ,.. i would guess going on her breast and nipple orgmentation she was about 40 to 50 yrs and in need of some care .. or at least a pair of pants n a top... then i realised AR THIS IS SISAKET !!

Back to the traffic and a heads up to anyone who is planning to transit the motorway 9 .. which is really the Bkk ring road ... all the toll way stations have been re designed and specific lanes for M PASS . EASY PASS and cash plus vehicles with different numbers of wheels another section .. the signage is a tad confusing that is except for the new huge yellow and black signs stating

Toll payment evasion is a criminal act and anyone caught will pay 10 times the toll being evaded... so if you get in the wrong lane and go through the easy pass there isnt a teller drive through and its a 300 bt fine.. the M and easy pass lanes dont have barriers now and obviously some have been slipping through the net.

As info not sure which is which but i think
Mpass is a sticker in window
Easy pass is a pre paid card presented to the teller
it may be vice versa ..

Approach the toll booths slowly and make sure you get in the right lane .. or the cams will get you if the police guy on guard doesnt.

Other than above traffic very light .. but i did manage to get a ticket 500 bt after a smile and a chat about football down to 300 bt.

Just let the sisaket streaker out the back of the truck .. bless her !!

DM

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 2, 2022, 7:50 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 2, 2022, 7:42 pm
... whilst there i had to do a double take as there was a naked dwarf woman riding a 3 wheeler bike down the road in broad day light .. numerous honking horns and DM got a close up as when i turned into a side street the said woamn was staring directly at me .. she smiled to show one single large tooth at the same time as her complete birthday suit ,.. i would guess going on her breast and nipple orgmentation she was about 40 to 50 yrs and in need of some care .. or at least a pair of pants n a top... then i realised AR THIS IS SISAKET !!

DM
Is it too late to sign her up for this year - with relegation looming?

She sounds like a walk up start for the Scunny forward half - or do you see her more as a defender, DM?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 2, 2022, 8:41 pm

Can she do ironing ?........ asking for a fellow member

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 3, 2022, 7:41 am

WELCOME TO SISAKET .. ONCE VISITED NEVER FORGOTTEN !!
Disclaimer .. i did not kidnap the said Sisaket streaker though im of the mind her ironing skills maybe some what limited as it appears she doesnt have any clothes ... even though tired didnt sleep that well as was thinking about this woman last night .. hope shes ok and some one gets her some clothes and pays for a visit to the barber .. her hairy bits were a real mess.

This does bring up the old chestnut about the mentally ill being allowed to wonder around within the general population, most being harmless ie Keng the guy who constantly walks up n down soi samphan everyday.. i know there are asylums here but many with metal issues appear to live at home with their families which is understandable...tho maybe not the best option is some severe cases.

DM

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 3, 2022, 10:27 am

I was watching the I-Rovers live cam last night. LK-Metro looks busy and not a mask in sight.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 3, 2022, 10:57 am

similar to motor sai crash helmets .. in Bkk everyone wears them outside in Isan very few ...i say similar as it time masks will become an optional extra as helmets ..for now this is not quite the same for masks from my experience in the last few days Isan folk are masking up which is good... too many masking the chin though which isnt good.

On the subject of safety ..whilst in rural Ubon / Sisaket traveling i rarely see a motor sai rider wearing a skid lid.

Pattaya is a law un too its self .. not surprising no masks ..yet first to whinge if there are more closures due to clusters..

How difficult is to wear a mask ??? vanity and or stubborness and of course the anarchists.

INTER PROVINCIAL TRAVEL is fine n dandy .. light traffic with some not choosing to venture out on holidays n day trips etc .. just beware the new toll design and system on the motorway 9 Bkk ring road until folks get used to it its gonna be messy.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 9, 2022, 12:39 pm

The PM has announced its all systems go fir next months Songhkran holidays .. given the green light for a normal Thai New Year which has been cancelled the previous 2 years due to covid.
It appears water throwing and live events will also be allowed so we can look forward to that .. NOT.
Expect the usual inter provincial traffic chaos n carnage., at least.can arrange my travel.schedule in advance to avoid the mayhem.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -this-year

Fingers crossed it wont be the catalyst for a mass outbreak of infections n re infections .

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 9, 2022, 1:40 pm

Need to get a couple of boxes of face masks per person ready ,,,,,,,, they aint much good after being soaked so will need changing every couple of minutes

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 9, 2022, 4:38 pm

Iwill do what I have done the last few years, stay at home and watch the mayhem ensue regarding Road accidents and many being hurt or injured by what is in some of the water thrown.
Safer, healthier and far less stressful I can tell you

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 9, 2022, 4:48 pm

On the bright side ....... theres a 3 year supply of water ready to be wasted \:D/

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 10, 2022, 2:16 pm

More info on Songhkran from.the PM ..in the form.of no added holidays meanong techically its a 3 day break 13 14 15 ..plus a weekend.16 17 ..so a 5 day gig in total.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40013185

Plenty of time to organize my schedule so all done n dusted a week before the BS starts

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 10, 2022, 2:19 pm

So if previous years are anything to go by, it should start next Thursday in Pattaya and end on about May 16th

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 10, 2022, 2:27 pm

Thank the lord i have no plans to go near Pattaya .. 11 to 19 there.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 10, 2022, 10:36 pm

Upon hearing the great news re Songhkran being allowed some locals took to the streets to celebrate .. the lessor spotted pubescent Thai limbering up for mating season ..i feel David Attenbourough should be narating this cultural furnominom

https://youtu.be/vlEUMfahCQ4

Possiblly tge best advert fir the condom ive ever seen

DM

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 10, 2022, 10:46 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 10, 2022, 10:36 pm
Upon hearing the great news re Songhkran being allowed some locals took to the streets to celebrate .. the lessor spotted pubescent Thai limbering up for mating season ..i feel David Attenbourough should be narating this cultural furnominom

Hopefully Prince Andrew hasn't seen this. ;)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 11, 2022, 6:32 am

jackspratt wrote:
March 10, 2022, 10:46 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 10, 2022, 10:36 pm

Hopefully Prince Andrew hasn't seen this. ;)
Andy was the person shooting the vid Jack ... ive watched a few of these daft Thai teenage vids and they really get into the zone ..some look like they are in a trance ... that is until a lad looks at another lads bird and gets the gun out :shock:

Can anyone dub David Atenbouroughs naration over the vid twood be hilarious.

Back on topic .. Thai buddy traveled from Wang Nam Keaw to Udon yesterday and commented the road works from Ud KK to Korat have ramped up taking 7 plus hrs .. hopefully with a plan to try n clear stretches for the up n coming BKK to Isan SK exodus.

DM

Return to “Travel & Transport”