TorRorOr - vehicle inspection

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: TorRorOr - vehicle inspection

Post by tamada » April 10, 2022, 7:07 pm

747man wrote:
April 10, 2022, 10:10 am
tamada wrote:
April 9, 2022, 5:29 pm
tamada wrote:
March 30, 2022, 9:45 am
timmy wrote:
March 30, 2022, 9:08 am
not sure about east n west sides .... but the test station just across the road from the big government vehicle tax and insurance is very user friendly and never much waiting , then straight across the road and use the " drive thru " for government tax & insurance
its on the main road into city from the nong khai junction .
Thanks timmy. I did spot that location on Udondutsadee on my travels. I will give it a drive-by first to see if it's busy this morning.

There's also another one that looked really quiet on Udondutsadee 10 about 75 meters away, just behind the transport office.

https://www.google.com/maps/@17.4261826 ... 384!8i8192
I used the quiet one I found earlier and went after lunch on a Wednesday. Two cars were in front of me at check-in and quite quickly three more behind while I waited. All done in 35 minutes for 200 baht. Nipped around the corner and didthe drive-thru tax payment. Done.

Nice to see the sliding discount applied. Only 5438 baht versus 6922 last year versus 7692 for the first five years after I bought it.
How in Buddah's Name do you get a Sliding Tax Discount ?? Mine has been EXACTLY the same for about the past 8 Years !! :roll: :roll:
If a car that has been registered for 5 years, the annual tax deductions in the following years as follows.

Year 6, 10 percent
Year 7, 20 percent
Year 8, 30 percent
Year 9, 40 percent
Year 10 and next year 50%

If you have paid taxes late, you must pay 1% per month.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 10, 2022, 10:27 pm

My 4x4 has been registered for 22 Years & Taxed on time every year but I've NEVER Had a Discount !!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 11, 2022, 8:09 am

Same Same for my 20 yo DMax, 1050 Baht every year (2 door with green plates). No discount but I'm not complaining, just can't figure the logic behind the big difference in taxes between 2 door and 4 door pickups.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 11, 2022, 8:27 am

Not really aware of what the tax rates are, but our Nissan March less than 2000 baht for inspection and tax this year.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 11, 2022, 8:57 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
April 11, 2022, 8:09 am
Same Same for my 20 yo DMax, 1050 Baht every year (2 door with green plates). No discount but I'm not complaining, just can't figure the logic behind the big difference in taxes between 2 door and 4 door pickups.
Green plates be for farmers and tradies hence that tax break. Four doors is for flash buggers, city boys or posers with a wedge.

I remember there were some issues when extended cabs with half-doors and nominal 4-seats became popular but still attracted the lower tax. The rear "seat" type and dimensions were taken into consideration but the half-doors on some marques were not classified as two extra doors. AFAIK, they manufacturers standardized on the short squab bench seat that only Thai people can seat three on (six or more during Songkran or illegal worker runs).

The reducing road tax regime was introduced during the last road tax versus engine size reshuffle? Maybe one of the last freebies under Yingluck or one of those bringing happiness to the people moments for the usurpers? It was never grandfathered. If grandad wants lower road tax, he needs to buy a new ride.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “Travel & Transport”