Domestic air fares may rise by 80%

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Domestic air fares may rise by 80%

Post by vincemunday » April 26, 2020, 9:39 pm

if they’re bookable I stand corrected but I’m amazed.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 26, 2020, 10:37 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 26, 2020, 8:32 pm
Okay SWW, we’ll see, don’t base people’s abilty to pay for the more expensive flight based on what you think is normal, do you realise how many Thai will be waiting to fly? Forget the farang business it’s not worth a carrot by comparison.
While it’s not clear that these flights are guaranteed (you don’t know until you pay) this is hardly a very expensive round trip, is it?
08306FB8-95BB-4AB1-9415-76A9DBD47E34.jpeg
A458B5AD-72F5-461D-89E9-8CDB7B5747D9.jpeg
Or one way, and at a good time too.
2939B689-CD28-421D-8695-F89431817672.jpeg
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on April 26, 2020, 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 26, 2020, 10:40 pm

Looking at my pile of domestic boarding pass stubs for the last 10 months or so, almost exclusively on Thai Smile, I don't recall seeing many "hi-so" passengers go by to the back of the bus and many times I have been the only passenger ahead of the wee curtains. I did see lot's of middle-class people who probably have a decent income, credit cards and IPhones.

On the infrequent AirAsia or Thai Lion flights, there is a perceptible difference in the class and behavior of passengers as you would expect. They probably have cash and OPPO phones.

Anyway, isn't the most common trope bandied about by foreigners here all about how Thai "hi-so" get to fly for free?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 27, 2020, 4:09 am

As over 50% of your ticket price is landing fees , taxes , baggage handling , ect ,and the fuel surcharges which should be reduced at least in the short term .
Then even if the airlines do increase the price of what they actually get from your fare by 100% , you fare should really not increase by more that say 50% .
Who knows but if governments reduce their airport charges in the short term to get the traffic back , then air fares might not go up by much at all .
But its all a bit of a lottery untill planes and people start flying again .
Guestimates dont count for a lot .

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 27, 2020, 5:51 am

Air Asia publishes fit-to-fly guidelines when they take to Asia’s skies again

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/cv19 ... kies-again

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 27, 2020, 6:11 am

As I said SWW, If they are bookable, which I doubt, nothing will be bookable until the okay is given for flights to continue, then I stand corrected. Let’s wait until the flights recommence and then we will see, no point bickering over it now.

Tam, most people in my village would consider someone as being hiso if they work in government, the police etc and particularly if they flew on planes, I guess it depends on what your definition of hiso is, and, it’s very unlikely they would recognise a middle class.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 27, 2020, 8:29 am

^ I didn't know your hi-so yardstick was a moobahn level.

As for the words from O'Leary, as the boss of the (one time) world's largest airline by passenger volume, I reckon everyone in the commercial airline industry will be hanging on his every word right now rather than the opinion of bosses at the likes of BA, exiled oil field consultants or retired stockbrokers.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 27, 2020, 9:21 am

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 27, 2020, 10:18 am

This taken from the Bangkok Post sheds more light on fare increases in the future...
CAAT director,Chula Sukmanop,stated that airlines are not allowed to raise fares at the moment but they could go higher.
The ceiling used to be 3-5 baht per kilo but now it has been raised to 9.40 baht.
"Too expensive fares will backfire as people will stop using the services "
Routes to open have yet to be decided due to the lockdown strategy of each province.

As for the Skyscanner flights they surely can't be guaranteed as only Air Asia, as yet, has said they will be flying from May 1st.
Routes to Phuket must still be doubtful... maybe Pattaya and the Deep South too ?
I would be very wary of trying to book using this site as you could be out of pocket if the route doesn't open.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 27, 2020, 2:34 pm

Trying to check for a booking on thai air/ smile at the moment. Udon Bkk return.
Start 1st June
At this stage only 1 flight each way
4460 bht

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 27, 2020, 3:05 pm

Are they bookable Barney or just indications?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 27, 2020, 4:31 pm

Barney wrote:
April 27, 2020, 2:34 pm
Trying to check for a booking on thai air/ smile at the moment. Udon Bkk return.
Start 1st June
At this stage only 1 flight each way
4460 bht

How about we all pitch in an buy our own plane. There has to be a few for sale, on special after Covid-19 ends :lol: :lol:

Now, if we can just find a sober Pilot :confused: :confused: :confused:

Or is this just another example of the Airlines trying to make up their whole Years Profit in one or two months :-k :-k

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on April 27, 2020, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 27, 2020, 4:32 pm

vincemunday wrote:Are they bookable Barney or just indications?
I didn’t book. Just enquiring at this stage. But the 4460 return would not worry me. They will fill a single flight per day one would think. Especially if the seat in the middle is vacant.
Thai air did say they were starting domestic flights 1 June so that’s what the booking website shows. Nothing available before then.
Not interested in staying in BKK and I would only go if there was an international flight to transfer to. That’s the hard part.
Flights to Australia are hard to find.
Thai air did a 1 off to Sydney for expats last 25th April and there is a near empty Iberia-air going Bkk to Sydney in a day or 2. So unless there is international won’t book.
Other than that not much else going home as Aus borders are still closed to non Aussie citizens.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 27, 2020, 4:39 pm

If I was to book my international flight home (to Bangkok) for say, sometime in June this year (on the off chance that they would be flying then), the current booking price is twice that for this time last year. "Pirates in the Skies" [-( [-( =;

Pirates in the Skies.jpg

pipoz444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on April 28, 2020, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » April 27, 2020, 5:46 pm

I've just booked udon to Bkk with viet jet 1,200b with luggage.then Eva air to London 19,800b both one way.which isn't a bad price and I hope I don't get a message before then to say it's been cancelled.the hotels seem to be very cheap as they are probably empty.i paid 980b for 4 star with breakfast and shuttle to airport.fingers crossed I'll be out of here and no problems with the travelling.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 27, 2020, 7:35 pm

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 27, 2020, 8:07 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 27, 2020, 7:35 pm
Surat Thani to resume flights

https://www.tatnews.org/2020/04/surat-t ... perations/
To where ........ Patters ?

Buriram & Chonburi are the only two provinces that are open to accept flights

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 28, 2020, 7:14 am

This definitely won’t help the case, social distancing? You might want go to the end of the report to see the Noi Air flight report although there is some interesting news re shopping.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/th ... y-april-27

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » April 28, 2020, 10:14 am

Just looked for early June and prices not too bad on Air Asia - and they are bookable :
Attachments
AAsia.png
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 28, 2020, 10:19 am

joepai wrote:
April 28, 2020, 10:14 am
Just looked for early June and prices not too bad on Air Asia - and they are bookable :
I agree on the booking ability but they will probably be a little bit higher if you went further in the booking process
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Return to “Travel & Transport”