Flights Udon to Bangkok cancelled

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: Flights Udon to Bangkok cancelled

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 7, 2020, 9:04 pm

Doodoo wrote:
May 7, 2020, 12:07 pm
If you want to get back into Thailand The rules state as an Expat with or with out a Visa, "O". "AO", $100,000USD insurance for Covid (good luck in finding that ) and a Certified (By teh Thai Emabassy) Test for COVID 72 hours prior to your flight. Once again good luck quote]

Yes, these are the same rules that the Thai Consulate in Toronto indicated are necessary for travel to Thailand. Eva Air (Taiwan) are still flying out of Toronto. Maybe I will be spending 7 weeks in Taiwan.

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 7, 2020, 9:38 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 7, 2020, 9:04 pm
Doodoo wrote:
May 7, 2020, 12:07 pm
If you want to get back into Thailand The rules state as an Expat with or with out a Visa, "O". "AO", $100,000USD insurance for Covid (good luck in finding that ) and a Certified (By teh Thai Emabassy) Test for COVID 72 hours prior to your flight. Once again good luck
Yes, these are the same rules that the Thai Consulate in Toronto indicated are necessary for travel to Thailand. Eva Air (Taiwan) are still flying out of Toronto. Maybe I will be spending 7 weeks in Taiwan.
The above rules are from before the boarders were shut.

It is certainly possible maybe even likely that the requirements will change when the boarders start reopening.

As no non Thai can enter or get a new visa at the moment and any requirements have not even been discussed in cabinet it is premature to plan on that information being accurate.

If you leave Thailand do not plan on any particular date to return and, specially from a country with a high infection rate like Canada, expect to have to pay for accommodation for at least 2 weeks in a government quarantine facility when you can get back.

The conditions could be less than I have suggested if lucky.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 7, 2020, 10:15 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 7, 2020, 9:38 pm
The above rules are from before the boarders were shut.

It is certainly possible maybe even likely that the requirements will change when the boarders start reopening.

As no non Thai can enter or get a new visa at the moment and any requirements have not even been discussed in cabinet it is premature to plan on that information being accurate.

If you leave Thailand do not plan on any particular date to return and, specially from a country with a high infection rate like Canada, expect to have to pay for accommodation for at least 2 weeks in a government quarantine facility when you can get back.

The conditions could be less than I have suggested if lucky.
Yes, I think you are correct about the closed borders. The Thai consulate provided instructions about the Wuhan Flu test, and the insurance coverage based on me leaving for Thailand via Eva Air on 27 June and returning on 5 September. Let's see what happens in the near future when the borders should be open. Outside the Provinces of Quebec and Ontario, Canada's numbers are quite low. Yesterday, Ontario had 412 new cases and 68 deaths mostly in long term retirement homes. The Provinces of New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, and perhaps Saskatchewan haven't had any new cases in 10 days or more.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 7, 2020, 11:11 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 7, 2020, 10:15 pm
. Let's see what happens in the near future when the borders should be open.
Boarders open in the near future?

I don’t see that happening. I could certainly be wrong but don’t think it’s likely.Local borders maybe. Places like Canada???
Canada's numbers are quite low.
In relation to your killer Orange next door neighbour maybe (226 per million and going up) in relation to Thailand not anywhere close at almost 150 times the number of deaths ( 112 to 0.8 per million )

Yesterday, Ontario had 412 new cases and 68 deaths
About 18% of Thailands total cases In 1 day and many more deaths in a single day than Thailand in total.

The low number of cases is probably due to lack of testing not lack of infection.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 8, 2020, 2:26 am

I was thinking the number of deaths in Canada is low/moderate compared to places like England, Spain, Turkey, Italy, Russia and so on not compared to countries like New Zealand, Greece, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand. I heard a rumour that Thailand might be opening its borders to international travel at the end of May, but that is just a rumour I have heard from a few Thais.

Today the Province of Ontario indicated there were 399 new cases and 48 deaths.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 8, 2020, 6:30 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 8, 2020, 2:26 am
I was thinking the number of deaths in Canada is low/moderate compared to places like England, Spain, Turkey, Italy, Russia and so on not compared to countries like New Zealand, Greece, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand. I heard a rumour that Thailand might be opening its borders to international travel at the end of May, but that is just a rumour I have heard from a few Thais.

Today the Province of Ontario indicated there were 399 new cases and 48 deaths.
Sorry to rain on your parade but Canada is not remotely low to moderate. It is high to very high. Your news media may be giving a very rosy picture and relating things to New York State but NY is incredibly high so makes everyone else’s numbers look good.

There are 212 places in the statistics and Canada is in the top 18 percent for tests per million and cases per million, you would want to be at the top for tests per million to give a realistic cases per million.

Total deaths per million you are in the top 9 percent (at no. 18)
Number of new cases in the top 7 percent (at no. 13)
And in the number of new deaths you ar in the top 4 percent (at no. 8 ) :roll:

So yes Canada isn’t at the top there are worse countries, though not that many, so it is not remotely good.

To make things worse your 7 day rolling average of deaths is still going up.
E0CE10A5-C819-4B24-8C32-47BC7E9232B7.jpeg
The only slightly encouraging sign is that the number of new cases may be stable, but I have no idea if that is a true number or due to the lack of testing.
AFA4DD54-98F7-45A6-BB13-95581537C505.jpeg
So given all of that if Thailand has a phased border opening, it would make a lot of sense to do that, do not expect to be able to enter for quite a long time.

I have no idea if there is a plan for a slow border opening. But if there is then probably nearby countries that have good reporting and very very low numbers would come first. Then countries that have really good testing and controls. Then countries that may have less good testing and low numbers. At the very end would come places like Canada and the USA

So if a passed rollout comes I could understand a quarantine period after testing and before flying with a follow up quarantine in Thailand on arrival from high risk countries. And even if that doesn’t happen I will not be surprised if you cannot fly for a few months yet.

I will be very surprised if anything remotely like normal borders happen in the next 2 months.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 8, 2020, 9:01 am

You just rained on my parade 555+

Thanks for the charts and statistics, which opened my eyes.

Return to “Travel & Transport”