Baggage Checkin Udon-Texas

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
parrot
udonmap.com

Baggage Checkin Udon-Texas

Post by parrot » January 21, 2020, 2:51 pm

I vaguely remember (either we or our daughter) traveling back to the US years ago and being able to check in our bags all the way to final destination.
We're booked on an ANA flight from BKK to TX, and a Thai Smile flight from Udon to BKK. I noticed that ANA is in the star alliance with Thai Air.......so I'd think we could check in our bags all the way from Udon.
Does anyone have recent experience doing this? It's not a big deal.....just one less thing to have to do on the journey.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Baggage Checkin Udon-Texas

Post by FrazeeDK » January 21, 2020, 4:06 pm

John,

I can't say positively what they'll do right now but last spring when we made our local flight reservations at the Thai Airways desk at Udon Airport I specifically asked about checking baggage through to the States from Udon and was told no. I also asked about the "Continuing International Passenger" (CIP) availability that would let me avoid re-checking in at Suvarnaphum and same answer, no.. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Udon will eventually get International Flights to Seoul or Tokyo some time in the near future..
Dave

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 21, 2020, 4:08 pm

parrot wrote:
January 21, 2020, 2:51 pm
I vaguely remember (either we or our daughter) traveling back to the US years ago and being able to check in our bags all the way to final destination.
We're booked on an ANA flight from BKK to TX, and a Thai Smile flight from Udon to BKK. I noticed that ANA is in the star alliance with Thai Air.......so I'd think we could check in our bags all the way from Udon.
Does anyone have recent experience doing this? It's not a big deal.....just one less thing to have to do on the journey.
Different airlines, different tickets, so sorry no. The only airport that allows flythrough is KKC as they have an international immagration clearance section, and you have to have a single ticket on a single airline. UTH AFIK hasn’t opened it’s international checkin yet.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on January 21, 2020, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 21, 2020, 4:14 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
January 21, 2020, 4:06 pm
John,

I can't say positively what they'll do right now but last spring when we made our local flight reservations at the Thai Airways desk at Udon Airport I specifically asked about checking baggage through to the States from Udon and was told no. I also asked about the "Continuing International Passenger" (CIP) availability that would let me avoid re-checking in at Suvarnaphum and same answer, no.. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Udon will eventually get International Flights to Seoul or Tokyo some time in the near future..
You can fly Khon Kaen to Tokyo using CIP, clearing immigration in KKC and the reverse, though on the way back although your baggage is cleared to KKC you have to clear immigration in DMK. Until a year ago I did that trip a few times. That is on AirAsia, other airlines may also be available.

You may also be able to do the same to Seoul.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » January 21, 2020, 11:22 pm

Last May could not do on Thai Smile. Had to get in Bangkok and recheck with ANA all the way to Houston. Went on from Houston to Wichita Ks so got bags in Houston, went through Customs and passed bags back to United to final destination without recheck.

Return to “Travel & Transport”