Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by dunroaming » June 9, 2019, 11:18 pm

vlad wrote:
May 29, 2019, 12:44 pm
Its a shame 1 member has to be negative but i was expecting that. Most I have met on my travels have told me that it is getting more and more difficult to stay here unless you have a good pension with the correct money in your account There are many that simply do not meet the requirements of the new regulations and are worried that they will have to leave, some do not have a pension that pays over 30k tbt per month. As for tourism the Thai government keep banging on they want only quality tourist like the Chinese and Koreans and are bending over backwards accommodating them yet your bread and butter tourist's have been forgotten or ignored. A recent survey from TIT stated Songkran was down this year because of the drop of Chinese party's. These quality tourist do not spend money in the bars or in restaurants and anyone walking around udon will notice how quite it is.
Sorry have to disagree with your post, yes Chinese don't spend money in bars although a few do but restaurants tours shopping they spend far more than your average sex tourist. Yes Thailand has got more expensive but for Brits that's down to Brexit. Where to relocate depends solely on your pastimes and do u have the money to enjoy them. I personally don't feel the requirements are hard to meet and compared to some countries are very reasonable as this is still a 3 rd world country but strives to move up. I have lived here 15 years and something's are worse others are better but that's my opinion and everyone has their own

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 10, 2019, 1:47 am

I understand other nearby countries such as Vietnam, Malaysia and Cambodia are significantly easier. There's also the worry about the direction of Thai policy.

If a farang is already in Thailand with ample savings and in a good family situation, then he isn't likely to be reconsidering Thailand. Plenty of readers won't be in that position and this is a growing issue.

Great thread Vlad. You belted a home run here. =D>
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 10, 2019, 2:40 am

jai yen yen wrote:
June 9, 2019, 10:19 pm
dezzer wrote:
June 9, 2019, 7:16 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
June 9, 2019, 4:45 pm
vlad wrote:
June 8, 2019, 12:39 pm
You will be a happy Chappie this Morning then NTVL according to Pattaya news the TAT are looking to Indian Tourists because Chinese Tourists have drastically declined. All the Indians ive seen in BKK and Udon like nothing more then standing on the pavement looking at the girls in the bars rather than going in and buying a beer. I've see 2 outside 7/11 share bottle of water lol. So if the Thai Tourism Minister is looking for a rescue from Indian's for a replacement your sadly Clutching at Straws.
Maybe they want people with darker skin tones.

Or maybe because Buddhism arose in the eastern part of Ancient India, in and around the ancient Kingdom of Magadha (now in Bihar, India), and is based on the teachings of Siddhārtha Gautama.
Which team does Siddartha Gautama play for 😂
Thailand does not care where there tourists are from. They will get them from anywhere they can just to try to make some cash. They are definately lowering their standards though in my opinion.
Aww upset that they might prefer their own kind...fellow Asians, as opposed to Westerners....Thanks in part to Trump and his economic war with China. Asia is becoming more anti-Whitey.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 10, 2019, 7:43 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
June 10, 2019, 2:40 am
jai yen yen wrote:
dezzer wrote:
newtovillagelife wrote:
vlad wrote:
You will be a happy Chappie this Morning then NTVL according to Pattaya news the TAT are looking to Indian Tourists because Chinese Tourists have drastically declined. All the Indians ive seen in BKK and Udon like nothing more then standing on the pavement looking at the girls in the bars rather than going in and buying a beer. I've see 2 outside 7/11 share bottle of water lol. So if the Thai Tourism Minister is looking for a rescue from Indian's for a replacement your sadly Clutching at Straws.

Or maybe because Buddhism arose in the eastern part of Ancient India, in and around the ancient Kingdom of Magadha (now in Bihar, India), and is based on the teachings of Siddhārtha Gautama.
Thailand does not care where there tourists are from. They will get them from anywhere they can just to try to make some cash. They are definately lowering their standards though in my opinion.
Aww upset that they might prefer their own kind...fellow Asians, as opposed to Westerners....Thanks in part to Trump and his economic war with China. Asia is becoming more anti-Whitey.
They are not anti white, they just take what they can get, even chinese and indians even though they really do not like them. There is a Thai saying, it says if you see a snake and an indian best hit the indian first, the snake is more trustworthy. I know you won't believe me so ask your Thai wife if you have one.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 10, 2019, 9:49 am

jai yen yen wrote:
June 10, 2019, 7:43 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
June 10, 2019, 2:40 am
jai yen yen wrote:
dezzer wrote:
newtovillagelife wrote:
vlad wrote:

They are not anti white, they just take what they can get, even chinese and indians even though they really do not like them. There is a Thai saying, it says if you see a snake and an indian best hit the indian first, the snake is more trustworthy. I know you won't believe me so ask your Thai wife if you have one.
My wife has never heard that saying...but she has heard of Falangs intelligence being compared to buffaloes...and only being as useful as an ATM. Don't you know Thais are quite xenophobic. and believe they are better than anyone else...even good ole whitey.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 10, 2019, 1:39 pm

Gotta admit , i was thinking about this , and i decided if i was a sex tourist or a massive drinker of both . Basically i would spend most of my vacation in one bar or another , so NO i would not come to Thailand . With the Baht so strong against a lot of currencies then it would not be cheap , and i would look for another destination to get my jollies .
Just sayin.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » June 10, 2019, 4:43 pm

saint wrote:
June 10, 2019, 1:39 pm
Gotta admit , i was thinking about this , and i decided if i was a sex tourist or a massive drinker of both . Basically i would spend most of my vacation in one bar or another , so NO i would not come to Thailand . With the Baht so strong against a lot of currencies then it would not be cheap , and i would look for another destination to get my jollies .
Just sayin.
Basically my thinking, if your looking for pay to play holidays there are other not only cheaper but nicer places to go, some not too far away, but if your a family type guy Thailand has many attractions still and providing you have already bought your car and somewhere to live, still quite affordable, even with the sinking pound. Certainly more so than back home in England .Certainly can't see any circumstances that would make me move, even if I had to live on noodles every day.
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 10, 2019, 6:20 pm

You will notice how your thought of if comes down the shrinking bank balance different kettle of fish.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » June 10, 2019, 6:59 pm

jai yen yen wrote:
June 10, 2019, 7:43 am
They are not anti white, they just take what they can get
Spot on.
Black,white,brown,yellow
Hansummmmm Maewwwwww.....Welcome please.
Just make sure your wallet is fat.
No Popbhem :D
Voiceover for hire.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 10, 2019, 10:08 pm

Yes Raoul Money number 1

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » June 10, 2019, 10:52 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
June 10, 2019, 4:43 pm
saint wrote:
June 10, 2019, 1:39 pm
Just sayin.
Basically my thinking, if your looking for pay to play holidays there are other not only cheaper but nicer places to go, some not too far away, but if your a family type guy Thailand has many attractions still and providing you have already bought your car and somewhere to live, still quite affordable, even with the sinking pound. Certainly more so than back home in England .Certainly can't see any circumstances that would make me move, even if I had to live on noodles every day.
Well don't keep us in suspense then. Where would you suggest for those who want to play?!
Cheaper and nicer sounds interesting, and do you mean near to Thailand or near to the home country?

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 11, 2019, 1:17 am

Im off to the Philippines but as ive never been b4 im looking for a safe resorty kind of place with a good beach not to commercial. There are literally 100's of Islands so it needs a good Google search to find 5 decent places. Anyone been there and give me some pointers.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » June 11, 2019, 7:02 am

arjay wrote:
June 10, 2019, 10:52 pm

Well don't keep us in suspense then. Where would you suggest for those who want to play?!
Cheaper and nicer sounds interesting, and do you mean near to Thailand or near to the home country?
Well I am surprised, there's me thinking you a retired bank manager and now happily married again should be asking such a question. I am sorry as a married man, for the third time, coming up to my silver anniversary this time, I'm afraid any recommendations I make would be long out of date or based just on what I have read, a media available to all without too much research. However during my last period as a single man I enjoyed an extended stay in Tuscany enjoying the cheap delicious wines of the area and surprisingly the attentions of much younger feminine company, of course I must admit I was younger and more wealthier than I am today, so I am not sure if that could be repeated these days .Today I am quite content enjoying the administrations of my younger Thai wife whilst I relax in my garden with my memories. Would suggest you try it, got a lot going for it. :-"
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 11, 2019, 7:22 am

Ive never looked for hookers , anywhere . Ive always relied on my good looks and charm to get myself laid .
I also keep my eyes open and have realised since i was a kid that prostitution is everywhere , if paying for off loading some happy cells is your thing , it not hard to find someone to accommodate your needs .
If you want cheap and cheerfull , then look at poorer countries , and theres plenty of those within Europe .!!!!

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 11, 2019, 7:47 am

saint wrote:
June 11, 2019, 7:22 am
Ive never looked for hookers , anywhere . Ive always relied on my good looks and charm to get myself laid .
I also keep my eyes open and have realised since i was a kid that prostitution is everywhere , if paying for off loading some happy cells is your thing , it not hard to find someone to accommodate your needs .
If you want cheap and cheerfull , then look at poorer countries , and theres plenty of those within Europe .!!!!
Well good for you, some of us are just plain fat, old and ugly.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 11, 2019, 8:00 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
June 11, 2019, 7:47 am
saint wrote:
June 11, 2019, 7:22 am
Well good for you, some of us are just plain fat, old and ugly.
Yes , but i am not rich . Personally i would rather have been born rich instead of handsome . :-" :-"

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 11, 2019, 8:45 am

From recent experience i can confirm im pleased i made the decision many years ago to move to Thailand , IMO the UK is in a huge hole a mess , crazy expensive etc etc too many other points to go into.

I was recently asked recently why Thailand .. 20 years ago it was much different than we find it today, my brother has just arrived to retire here and ive explained " things aint what they used to be " but as a newbie hes hasnt seen the many changes and hes just over the moon to finally jump ship n get here.

So what made you choose Thailand ..heres DMs theory.

With the exception of a few American servicemen im guessing most chose Thailand in FIRST INSTANCE / FIRST VISIT to have a heap of fun in Pattaya .. possibly divorced , sadly widowed or single mummies boy , the latter whos never gonna get a shag in Grimsby with anything remotely looking female .... i digress ..
The beaches n culture took second place to the bars n the pussy ..YES most came here in the knowledge the place is packed with super beautiful sexy ladies and getting laid was like buying fish n chips back home. Some guys find llove and return year after year n finally do all it takes to settle here even when financially the numbers just dont add up .. hence forth the reason there are such a diverse bunch of expats residing here either full or part time .. and views and ramblings on these type of media forums is so prevelent .

As my old mate Tony Prenders used to say .. anyone that says they didnt come here first time for the pussy is telling porkies ..

Have a great dat folks .. its OMHO ..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 11, 2019, 8:49 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 11, 2019, 8:45 am
From recent experience i can confirm im pleased i made the decision many years ago to move to Thailand , IMO the UK is in a huge hole a mess , crazy expensive etc etc too many other points to go into.

I was recently asked why Thailand .. 20 years ago it was much different than we find it today, my brother has just arrived to retire here and ive explained " things aint what they used to be " but as a newbie hes hasnt seen the many changes and hes just over the moon to finally jump ship n get here.

So what made you choose Thailand ..heres DMs theory.

With the exception of a few American servicemen AND OIL N GAS GUYS im guessing most chose Thailand in FIRST INSTANCE / FIRST VISIT to have a heap of fun in Pattaya .. possibly divorced , sadly widowed or single mummies boy , the latter whos never gonna get a shag in Grimsby with anything remotely looking female .... i digress ..
The beaches n culture took second place to the bars n the pussy ..YES most came here in the knowledge the place is packed with super beautiful sexy ladies and getting laid was like buying fish n chips back home. Some guys find llove and return year after year n finally do all it takes to settle here even when financially the numbers just dont add up .. hence forth the reason there are such a diverse bunch of expats residing here either full or part time .. and views and ramblings on these type of media forums is so prevelent .

As my old mate Tony Prenders used to say .. anyone that says they didnt come here first time for the pussy is telling porkies ..

Have a great dat folks .. its OMHO ..

DM
ADDED TEXT .. how coud i miss out those smashing oil n gas fellas whom keep many Udon venues afloat ..
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » June 11, 2019, 11:28 am

DM Quoted his Old Friend who said....As my old mate Tony Prenders used to say .. anyone that says they didnt come here first time for the pussy is telling porkies ..

How TRUE Is that Jon.....100% I'd Say.....

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 11, 2019, 12:48 pm

Back when economic times were a little tough, I had two factories that I worked in sold The first I had worked there for 22 years, The second got a new boss who was useless and liked to be a dictator. He promoted me to a job I didn't want and there was no increase in salary. I went from Florida to Australia and was asked if I would be interested in a joint venture in Thailand. My brother had R&R in Thailand during his Vietnam tour. He grinned and said that knowing me as he does, that I would never return back home in the US. He was correct. That was in 1991.

Return to “Travel & Transport”