Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
GT93
udonmap.com

Re: Is it time to say bye Thailand?

Post by GT93 » May 30, 2019, 1:16 am

It looks to me that the Thai government and perhaps many Thais are tired of farang riffraff and want them out. The government will need to use some crude tools to do that.

I expect they will keep jiggling the hoops farang need to jump through to live in Thailand and that it's increasingly risky for a farang to sell up and try to retire in Thailand.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Natas

Post by Natas » May 30, 2019, 4:04 am

GT93 wrote:
May 30, 2019, 1:16 am
It looks to me that the Thai government and perhaps many Thais are tired of farang riffraff and want them out. The government will need to use some crude tools to do that.

I expect they will keep jiggling the hoops farang need to jump through to live in Thailand and that it's increasingly risky for a farang to sell up and try to retire in Thailand.
Maybe they are learning from the countries we are all from...... hrrrm..

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 30, 2019, 7:33 am

GT93 wrote:
May 30, 2019, 1:16 am

The only reason they may want them out as you put it is MONEY .
As for the riff raff , many of us who live here and have lived here for some time would be more than happy to see them gone also .
However the TAT have always chased the money and it usually turns round to bite them .
When European economies took a down turn , they turned to the Russians . That went well ... Not .
Now the are courting the Chinese , who must rank among the worst tourists on the planet , but again money talks and bull nonsense walks

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 30, 2019, 4:26 pm

You never cease to amaze, vlad.

You post (another) negative post about Thailand, and then whinge when others respond negatively (to your OP).

I have just returned from 1 month in Oz, and bloody happy to be home. But then I am lucky enough to have a positive, happy wife, a good wider Thai family, and enough money for both of us to live comfortably.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 30, 2019, 5:42 pm

Spot on Jack.
Same as me.
Dont want to be anywhere else, or I would go there. =D>

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » May 30, 2019, 6:03 pm

After reading some of the posts, think the answer is a definite
Yes

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 30, 2019, 6:05 pm

Bring on the negativity for sure
The more the better That is what is call TALKING TO EACH OTHER
If we didn't have 2 sides at least to a discussion we wouldn't have people talking to one another.

Bravo for as they call it NEGATIViTY

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » May 30, 2019, 6:11 pm

The Thai know no different.
Take off your rise coloured glasses.
If you are a white man you are "Falang" and will be forever in that "Riff Raff" category.
You will always be a guest and TOLERATED (be grateful).Not accepted.
Embrace it and work with it or pull up stumps.
Simple really.
Voiceover for hire.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » May 30, 2019, 6:21 pm

Exactly Raoul but when you don't get justice and are simply ignored you must think to yourself is it a safe place to decide to live knowing full well you will never have a fair crack of the whip where curruption is accepted. Only last week an old American lady with onset Dementia was forced to sell up and move back to the US because she lacked the funds to remain.

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » May 30, 2019, 8:04 pm

vlad wrote:
May 29, 2019, 6:03 pm
Why the negative comments guys ? If you don't want to be constructive in this thread don't post. There no need for the negativity how about some of the the things going on that you don't like
I don't suppose you could stick up a link for the Pattaya One story could you... I can't find it. Ta.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 30, 2019, 8:42 pm

I reckon if you get introspective about it all you could make up a list of those things that make you happy, or at least less unhappy.. If where you're at checks the blocks on most of them I guess that's good enough.. That's not saying if you've got a lot of downchecks that moving from Thailand to somewhere different is going to solve the issue... Those same pesky situations could equally exist in some other land and more to boot...
Dave

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » May 30, 2019, 8:44 pm

vlad wrote:
May 29, 2019, 6:03 pm
Why the negative comments guys ? If you don't want to be constructive in this thread don't post. There no need for the negativity how about some of the the things going on that you don't like
vlad are you all there ?ive been reading your negative comments on thailand for a good few years now,but you keep coming back?is that not a sign of madness?,doing the same thing over and over getting the same result but expecting it to change?maybe try a different approach? maybe tell us all the real reason you have a bitter outlook on thailand,,did you get your pants pulled down?stung by immo?maybe lost money to a lady of the night?got involved with a pyrimid scheme?bought into a pig farm?mobile phone shop?gold shop?come on vlad,let it go,im just waiting for you to tell the mods to lock the thread like you usually do :D :
Last edited by TAXIfor7/11 on May 31, 2019, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 30, 2019, 10:13 pm

If I remember correctly, Vlad had an unsuccessful business venture a few years or so ago called the Mon Mobile. He and a lady sold food from a truck. But, it failed. This could not have made him any happier, and he hates ski jets or something in Phuket that he believes is a rip off. The list of his dislikes in Thailand is endless.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » May 30, 2019, 10:25 pm

Why doesn't he pack up his kit pack and leave what's here for you Mr negative
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

Natas

Post by Natas » May 30, 2019, 10:33 pm

Do not worry Vlad... These "falangs" on here will reach a point when enough is enough.. A few trips to the BKK hospital.. A few MRI's... A visit to the .gov hospital.. No more Daily Brews.. Then the tables will be reversed.
In 5 years this forum will be dead as in 70% of the users will be dead and BBQed.

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » May 31, 2019, 1:12 am

dezzer wrote:
May 30, 2019, 10:25 pm
Why doesn't he pack up his kit pack and leave what's here for you Mr negative
He doesn't live in Udon. A know-all-about-Thailand after a few beers and dropping his Keks for a couple of weeks per year. The armchair expert.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » May 31, 2019, 1:27 am

Can anyone describe the characteristics of the foreigner riff raff? Are they unsavory people in society. People you do not want to be associated with? Are they foreigners with limited means living in near poverty? Whom would you call riff raff? I am curious.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » May 31, 2019, 4:19 am

TJ wrote:
May 31, 2019, 1:27 am
Can anyone describe the characteristics of the foreigner riff raff? Are they unsavory people in society. People you do not want to be associated with? Are they foreigners with limited means living in near poverty? Whom would you call riff raff? I am curious.
Not considered to be respectable in character or appearance.
Voiceover for hire.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 31, 2019, 7:34 am

TJ wrote:
May 31, 2019, 1:27 am
To me riff raff is someone who has no social skills , no respect for others ,completely lacking in social etiquette , dresses like a vagrant, is drunk most of the day , treats the Thais like second class citizens , thinks the world revolves around his own fart locker , thinks all Thai women are hookers , and plays billy big bollocks cuz they came on holiday with a few pennies in their pocket . Precise enough ?

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » May 31, 2019, 8:55 am

saint wrote:
May 31, 2019, 7:34 am
his own fart locker
Can you buy these on Lazada?
Voiceover for hire.

Return to “Travel & Transport”