Transport Options from U-Tapao to Central Pattaya

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Transport Options from U-Tapao to Central Pattaya

Post by semperfiguy » March 24, 2018, 7:34 pm

My wife and I are flying by Air Asia to Pattaya via U-Tapao Airport the end of April. We are staying at a hotel in Central Pattaya, but their shuttle service is a whopping 1500 baht each way. Therefore, I would really appreciate it if our forum members could give me some advice for less expensive transportation options. My flight arrives U-Tapao at 10 AM and departs at 7:20 AM for the return flight which means we should be leaving the hotel by 5:30 AM. If you have personal experience with a particular taxi or mini-van company, the price and contact details would be very much appreciated.

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Re: Transport Options from U-Tapao to Central Pattaya

Post by choi choi » March 24, 2018, 8:45 pm

When you arrive at U-Tao, as you come out on the right you will see several "kiosks" They all charge 250 bht!
Dont get ripped off with the shuttle!

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 24, 2018, 8:47 pm

When you arrive at U-Tao, as you come out on the right you will see several "kiosks" They all charge 250 bht!
Dont get ripped off with the shuttle!

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » March 24, 2018, 9:26 pm

Saw this come up in CM. same BS arrival and departure times. I know some of the guys checked out of their hotel the day before and just made a bender of it. Been a few years, but there was either a shuttle run by AA, which you should check online under add-ons, or the pirates will take you to Central for 200 each. They know when the flights arrive, just like they do here. I would take a van coming out, and hail a metered cab in the morning. I think they will take you from Swampy for 1000 to your hotel.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 25, 2018, 7:42 am

When coming out the airport, there are a few kiosks on the right.All offer transport to pattaya 250 baht

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » March 25, 2018, 9:08 am

Have you considered hiring a car at the airport. It gives you more flexibility. Driving in a Pattaya, is much easier than Up here. There is an add-on facility when booking flights for a minibus hire which would drop you off at Central Beach. For a little extra they will drop you at the hotel. I have used both options in the last year.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » March 25, 2018, 10:13 am

There is a minibus service in the Airport.
It will take you to your hotel in Central Pattaya for 250 baht.
You can also book it back to the airport it leaves in time for the early flight.
I think the main departure point is Central Plaza Mall on 2nd road.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » March 25, 2018, 3:05 pm

If there are 2 of you book a taxi - only 800 Baht and far more comfortable/safe than mini vans + only 300 Baht more.
PM me if you want name and number of my driver
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

thighlander
udonmap.com

Post by thighlander » March 25, 2018, 4:26 pm

How many Km is it? I did a metered cab to BKK a few months ago..211 THB for 27 Km.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 28, 2018, 8:24 am

AirAsia has their own, free shuttle bus service with a pick-up and drop-off located north side of Central Festival between Beach and Second with the stance more to the Second Road end. As mentioned already, there's also several 250 baht minibus options in the Arrivals area after baggage claim. You can even select this ground transportation when you select the destination online; either U-Tapao or Pattaya down town.

What can be more challenging is getting back to the the airport economically at the end of one's visit. AirAsia has their shuttle which may not be as convenient and Grab Taxi can be upwards of 800 baht one-way. There's also some taxi operators offering a sedan for around 400 baht one-way. I have a taxi service phone number somewhere and I will post it here after I find it.

Either way, the OP can tell the hotel to shove their super expensive 1500 baht one-way minivan service.

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » March 29, 2018, 10:40 am

tamada wrote:
March 28, 2018, 8:24 am
AirAsia has their own, free shuttle bus service with a pick-up and drop-off located north side of Central Festival between
When I flew in and out of U-Tapao I used the Air Asia bus but it was not free???

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 29, 2018, 6:42 pm

lassebasse wrote:
March 29, 2018, 10:40 am
tamada wrote:
AirAsia has their own, free shuttle bus service with a pick-up and drop-off located north side of Central Festival between
When I flew in and out of U-Tapao I used the Air Asia bus but it was not free???
Correct. AirAsia don't give ANYTHING away, sorry about that. But I think their charges for the minivan are in line with the other minivan operators?

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » March 29, 2018, 7:08 pm

lassebasse wrote:
March 29, 2018, 10:40 am
tamada wrote:
Lassebasse, is that Air Asia shuttle service located in the same area where all the other mini-van counters are said to be located within the terminal? Will they take me to my hotel in Central Pattaya or only drop me off at Central Festival? What about the return trip to the airport...will they pick me up from my hotel or must I depart from Central Festival.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread thus far. I think I am fully aware of the best options at this point.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 29, 2018, 7:29 pm

AirAsia bus desk is in the same place as the others, just outside baggage claim and their minibus picks up/drop off kerbside, just like the others.

The AirAsia bus only turns around (pick-up/drop off) at their Central Festival stand. Up to you to get to/from there.

Where is your hotel located? It may help with those extra 'last mile' options.

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » March 30, 2018, 9:45 am

tamada wrote:
March 29, 2018, 7:29 pm
AirAsia bus desk is in the same place as the others, just outside baggage claim and their minibus picks up/drop off kerbside, just like the others.

The AirAsia bus only turns around (pick-up/drop off) at their Central Festival stand. Up to you to get to/from there.

When I used the AirAsia bus they dropped people att different locations. My own drop off was close to Central Festval so maybee they only did that up to Central.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 31, 2018, 3:00 pm

lassebasse wrote:
March 30, 2018, 9:45 am
tamada wrote:

When I used the AirAsia bus they dropped people att different locations. My own drop off was close to Central Festval so maybee they only did that up to Central.
Once again, I stand corrected. On another thread on another forum, AirAsia minivans will drop-off at Pattaya hotels but there's no confirmation that they pick up from Pattaya hotels.

Meanwhile, I found the contact info for the taxi service.
UTP_taxi.jpg
U-Tapao - Pattaya taxi

madwolf
udonmap.com

Post by madwolf » May 7, 2018, 7:50 pm

tamada wrote:
March 31, 2018, 3:00 pm
lassebasse wrote:
March 30, 2018, 9:45 am
tamada wrote:

Once again, I stand corrected. On another thread on another forum, AirAsia minivans will drop-off at Pattaya hotels but there's no confirmation that they pick up from Pattaya hotels.

Meanwhile, I found the contact info for the taxi service.

UTP_taxi.jpg

Is that price still up-to-date as per 2018 ?
Did you use them yourself ?

Return to “Travel & Transport”