Booking ThaiAir online?

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Shaney30
udonmap.com

Booking ThaiAir online?

Post by Shaney30 » May 8, 2007, 3:05 am

First point is don't bother use Nok air or Air asia.

I have been trying to book a connecting flight from Bangkok, either DM or Suvarnaphoum to Udon Thani online.The problem I have is my flight will only arrive at Suvarnaphoum until 3.15pm and it will be too close to call getting on a nice cheap flight.
The cheapest I could get for a Thai Air flight at 8 Pm on Saturday was a quote of bt 3,140 :shock: . Not really acceptable to me as it was too expensive. I had already mentally prepared myself for the train journey.

The wife goes into Chaorensri complex, a travel agent near some jewelry stores (not sure which floor) and pays bt1,700 inclusive of taxes for the same flight.

So I am guessing that if anyone is thinking about booking from their own country it may be cheaper to get someone to book in Thailand for you. In my case a saving of nearly 50% :D

Cant wait until Saturday night now :lol: :lol: =P~ :D

(not sure there is an emoticon for how I am feeling after not seeing my wife for 10 weeks!)

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » May 8, 2007, 8:29 am

Sounds like your quotation was for a return

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » May 9, 2007, 12:44 pm

So where do the internal flights go to now.

Thai Air - Dan Meung or Suvarnaphoum?
Air Asia - Dan Meung or Suvarnaphoum?
Nok Air - Dan Meung or Suvarnaphoum?

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » May 9, 2007, 2:20 pm

Thai - DM
Air Asia - S
Nok - Never flown with them

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » May 9, 2007, 3:36 pm

Thai and Nok use Don Muang for Domestic flights to Udon.

Air Asia use Suvarnabhumi for Domestic flights to Udon.

Nok are very reliable, cheaper than ThaiAir, though have a lower baggage/luggage allowance. Nok Plus is like an Enhanced Economy class (500 baht extra) and give a higher baggage allowance and the flexibility to change the flight without penalty.

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » May 9, 2007, 4:53 pm

Interesting about the enhanced economy deal the travel agent here didn't tell me about that.........

Sounds like you've done the trip arjay, any thoughts on the shuttle bus, I just got a reply email from Thai Air Customer Service saying they recommend a 3:30 hr connecting time between airports, they didn't say if this was pure travelling time, I was under the impression it was an hour by bus

CArl Hallstrom

Post by CArl Hallstrom » May 9, 2007, 5:17 pm

When arriving in the new aiport from EU, an going to Udon thani from
Donmuang do I have to check out my luggage at Suvarnabhumi
even if I bookt the trip full

carl

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » May 9, 2007, 6:51 pm

Carl, you have to go through Immigration and customs on arrival in BKk and as you are on a domestic flight to Udon you have to take your luggage and check it in again. If you are flying Thai or Nok you will be leaving from the old airport.

John
Gurgle, Gurgle...

Shaney30
udonmap.com

Post by Shaney30 » May 10, 2007, 5:26 am

Kudjap or Bust wrote:Sounds like your quotation was for a return
Are you my wife in disguise?
She didnt believe the price either. Just for her benefit I printed out the quote.
I was going to catch the train out of the principle that I would not pay that price for an internal flight in England, and I wanted to give her the opportunity to call me kee neaow too.
Working 4 next hols

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » May 10, 2007, 10:53 am

Kudjap, Sorry I didn't get to reply to you sooner. I think Wokkawombat pretty much answered your question.

You would have to arrive at the new airport, go through Immigration, collect your baggage, find the transfer bus to Don Muang airport, travel to DM, and then re-check in at DM at least an hour before flight departure. Also, your plane also may not arrive on time. So 3 - 3.5 hours sounds about right.

I have made the journey to and from Udon several times, (usually from Phuket), with both Thai and Nok, but never had to change airports, so have no experience of the transfer between the two airports.

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » May 10, 2007, 11:34 am

OK thanks arjay, I again spoke with Thai Air Customer Service, really helpful and they've answered most of my questions, it is as you say, 3-3.5 hrs from arrival at DM from Udon, retrieving luggage, transport to Suvarnaphoum and checking in at the appropriate desk

Thanks again

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » May 10, 2007, 11:38 am

Yes, if you're going that way round, i.e. will be checking in for an International flight, you would be required to check-in 2 hours before flight departure.

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » May 11, 2007, 8:18 am

Yep, no problems, get into DM using NOK at 3PM, need to check in Suvarnaphoum at 6.20 PM. I'm business class, they give a little leniency for later check in's, but should make it OK

Mudshark
udonmap.com

Post by Mudshark » May 11, 2007, 12:30 pm

Kudjap - I did the shuttle bus at the end of April from DM to S. It's number 555 and goes from DM to the bus terminal at S. From there you have to take another bus to the S terminal. Thai Air said it was a freebie....bus driver felt differently...although it was ridiculasly cheap (50 baht range).

Bus 555 is basically a staff bus for Thai Air and Airport employees. Stops many times between the two airports picking up and dropping off employees. Takes about one hour to the S bus terminal as it doesn't take the expressways.

All in all if you have two bags, are travelling late at night or are in a crunch for time and want to travel on the expressways I'd take a taxi next time for 400-500 baht + tolls.

Graham

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » May 12, 2007, 11:42 am

Thanks Graham,

The Thai Air Customer Service guy, although very helpful, said the bus uses all tollways and takes 3/4 - 1 hr and costs 35 bht......
I've got about 3 1/2 hrs to get between the 2 airports and check in so I should be fine wirth the bus, I will take a look first though and possibly use a taxi.... at least I can gaurantee the tollways with a taxi.

Return to “Travel & Transport”