Tescos Traffic lights failed

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Tescos Traffic lights failed

Post by stattointhailand » November 2, 2017, 5:52 pm

As at 17:00 the lights at the Old Tesco junction were out. This combined with the massive amount of lane closures etc etc seems somehow to be helping the traffic flow :confused:

Got through the lights (Northbound) without barely a delay, and the traffic Southbound was not coming to a standstill for 200 or so metres closer to the "lights" than they were an hour before. This time last night there were 4 to 5 lanes of traffic Southbound at a standstill as soon as it had crossed the railway line :evil:

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Tescos Traffic lights failed

Post by tamada » November 3, 2017, 11:06 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 2, 2017, 5:52 pm
As at 17:00 the lights at the Old Tesco junction were out. This combined with the massive amount of lane closures etc etc seems somehow to be helping the traffic flow :confused:

Got through the lights (Northbound) without barely a delay, and the traffic Southbound was not coming to a standstill for 200 or so metres closer to the "lights" than they were an hour before. This time last night there were 4 to 5 lanes of traffic Southbound at a standstill as soon as it had crossed the railway line :evil:
Yes, but how were the east-west travelers coping?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 4, 2017, 2:11 pm

As none of them have commented on here, I can only assume they are still stuck in the Clusterf*** :lol:

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 4, 2017, 3:28 pm

Thai facebook websites say the traffic is all backed up at the intersection. Single lane open. As of 3 hours ago.
แจ้งการจราจรติดขัดระดับ4-5 เส้นหนองคายเข้าสี่แยกรังสินาอุดรคับ ท่านใดจะผ่านเส้นนี้ต้องทำใจเผื่ออเวลาด้วยคับ
Attachments
23132031_1536273043075498_5465239447108587796_n.jpg

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 4, 2017, 3:30 pm

And another says the backup is at least 3-4km, no police in sight, and lots of people getting upset. It's a good day to avoid the area!

สี่แยกหมอไพโรจน์ จ.อุดรธานี กำลังก่อสร้าง รถติดยาว ด้านละไม่ต่ำ 3-4 กม. ไม่เห็นหัว ตำรวจ สักนายมาดูแลเลยครับ ชาวบ้านกำลังเดือดร้อนครับ

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » November 4, 2017, 3:40 pm

parrot wrote:
November 4, 2017, 3:30 pm
And another says the backup is at least 3-4km, no police in sight, and lots of people getting upset. It's a good day to avoid the area!

สี่แยกหมอไพโรจน์ จ.อุดรธานี กำลังก่อสร้าง รถติดยาว ด้านละไม่ต่ำ 3-4 กม. ไม่เห็นหัว ตำรวจ สักนายมาดูแลเลยครับ ชาวบ้านกำลังเดือดร้อนครับ
I drove from the airport into town very early last week, and there was traffic chaos then at a Wat. Cars double parked, scooters weaving in and out of non-existent spaces, causing more havoc. 2 police were onsite, but they were unable to clear the jams, as they were being ignored. A flatbed truck, actually half-a-dozen would be needed, and remove all blockers, immediately. The flatbed trucks are certainly needed at the traffic works site, simply to keep lanes open, hardly rocket science. Businesses at the choke points should have been compulsory purchased and razed to the ground. To gain additional road space.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » November 4, 2017, 6:17 pm

Yesterday was a contrast for me.
Very quiet at about 0715 hours getting the son's school - we left home about 15 mins earlier.
But think worst delay I've had collecting him about 1500 hrs. Lane closures causing all traffic to move right, then left and numerous container lorries, petrol tankers and the like, which you're advised to give just as much moving space as they want. Lights ok at that time.

kakariki
udonmap.com

Post by kakariki » November 5, 2017, 1:53 am

So when the lights are working is the intersection still open in all directions, and which direction has lane closures?

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » November 5, 2017, 8:56 am

kakariki wrote:
November 5, 2017, 1:53 am
So when the lights are working is the intersection still open in all directions, and which direction has lane closures?
The intersection is open in all directions but all directions are down to either 1 or 2 lanes.
Particularily bad seems to be Nong Khai into Udon where I have witnessed jams back almost as far as the railway lines......3km plus ??
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

kakariki
udonmap.com

Post by kakariki » November 5, 2017, 9:29 am

Ok thanks for the info.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » November 5, 2017, 9:51 am

What they have done coming in from the Nong Khai road is move the barriers right down to where the traffic lights are so you are unable to cut across anymore so it is only two lanes one to the City and one to go to Tesco or the Airport with a very long wait.

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » November 5, 2017, 10:54 am

Welcome to what will be three to five years of commerce-choking municipality-bankrupting road work that will cause far more hassles than will ever be outdone by benefits.

Tesco's previous owner was smart to sell and bail out of there.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 5, 2017, 11:00 am

macca46 wrote:
November 5, 2017, 9:51 am
What they have done coming in from the Nong Khai road is move the barriers right down to where the traffic lights are so you are unable to cut across anymore so it is only two lanes one to the City and one to go to Tesco or the Airport with a very long wait.
The problem is then escalated even further by "people carriers/buses" that seem to think they have a god given right to go all the way down the hard shoulder (left turn towards Big C traffic) and then cut in at the front of the queue. This of course then blocks that lane until the lights turn green and lstops the flow of left turn traffic causing even more of a tailback :evil:

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » November 5, 2017, 7:59 pm

I think if you have chosen to live in the city then you'll have to get used to this traffic problem.also I wouldn't expect it to get better with the growing population and a pathetic rail system.ive had to endure a day of traffic lights and congestion and was so glad to get out of it and back to my village.i had lots to do and must of hit 15 or more red lights plus the mental road from do home back to makro.well over an hour just sitting there staring at lights.anyway not long now and I'll not have to travel to udon but for a monthly shop.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » November 7, 2017, 10:29 am

Apart from the Nong Khai road, the other roads are not to bad except during rush hour(s).

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 7, 2017, 6:19 pm

City officials met today to discuss the traffic problems resulting from the construction. Scroll down a bit on the link and you'll see three maps of the intersection indicating new traffic patterns effective this month.
https://www.facebook.com/udonchamber

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 7, 2017, 6:36 pm

parrot wrote:
November 7, 2017, 6:19 pm
City officials met today to discuss the traffic problems resulting from the construction. Scroll down a bit on the link and you'll see three maps of the intersection indicating new traffic patterns effective this month.
https://www.facebook.com/udonchamber
Are we to assume that they are not happy that enough chaos is being caused by the current layout?

Only in Thailand would they even consider making "U" turns as a satisfactory option (anyone travelled from BKK to Kanchanaburi along 323? with its famous "U" turns)

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 7, 2017, 7:02 pm

Looks, well???
Let me think on this for awhile!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 7, 2017, 7:04 pm

Doodoo wrote:
November 7, 2017, 7:02 pm
Looks, well???
Let me think on this for awhile!!!!!
Stop it Doodoo, you have already spent longer thinking about it than they obviously did :lol:

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 7, 2017, 7:09 pm

Let me add "To go where NO MAN has gone before"

Good luck to all, personally I will be taking a meal and water for all in the vehicle

Doo

Return to “Travel & Transport”