Security and luggage

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
trubrit
udonmap.com

Security and luggage

Post by trubrit » November 1, 2017, 10:20 am

Can anyone tell me from personal experience what the current situation is .I haven't flown for a long time .I read a while back that all liquids including toothpaste and shampoo etc must be put in the checked in baggage not in carry on, my problem is , I am flying Air Asia to Bangkok without paying for extra luggage as I,m only staying a couple of nights so does that mean I can't take any toiletries with me on board ? I have tried asking AA but cannot get a definitive answer neither do they answer emails and I don't want to lose my expensive after shave. :-" Anyone help?

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

mac1966
udonmap.com

Re: Security and luggage

Post by mac1966 » November 1, 2017, 10:32 am

Any liquid under 50ml which is marked on the original packaging is ok.

Recently traveled domestic and from Uk adhering to the above. No sealed external bags were required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » November 1, 2017, 10:38 am

Sister-in-law used AA to do a domestic trip about 3 month ago. We were with her at check-in and she had to remove all toiletries and put them in check in luggage. Not worth the risk loosing good toiletries just buy some toothpaste etc in BKK.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 1, 2017, 1:09 pm

Val, a good friend of ours works at Air Asia in Udon (for many years). She says 100ml bottles of liquid are ok for carry on bags (at least with Air Asia). I recently traveled to BKK on Nok Air, just had a carry on bag. Inside were two small containers of liquid. No questions, no problem.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » November 1, 2017, 2:10 pm

I usually have “travel size” toothpaste and shampoo in my carry on in a transparent plastic bag and have never (so far) had a problem at security (domestic & international).

Re comment by "Wee Jimmy"; while being asked about “liquids” in my carryon bag at check in is something I have never experienced (liquids etc are normally the province of security) – it would not surprise me if I were to come up against a “jobsworth” who doesn’t understand the rules and/or who is responsible for enforcing them.

What may be more difficult is keeping within the Air Asia size and weight limits for carry on:
  • Size limits: 56cm x 36cm x 23cm
  • Weight limit: 7 Kg
  • Note - Air Asia has been quite vigorous at enforcing these limits at some airports.
This is an extract on the general carry on rules for Liquids, Aerosols and Gels (LAGs) from the Air Asia website (it covers toiletries such as toothpaste and shampoo).
Carriage of Liquids, Aerosols and Gels (LAGs)

• LAG items such as drinks, creams, perfumes, sprays, gels and toothpaste must be in containers that have a maximum capacity of 100 ml

• All LAG containers should fit comfortably in a transparent re-sealable plastic bag

• You’re limited to only one transparent re-sealable plastic bag with a volume no greater than one litre and dimension no larger than 20 cm x 20 cm

Medication and food for special dietary requirements including baby food are permitted in your cabin baggage in a reasonable quantity for your flight. They must be declared and may be subject to additional security checks.

LAGs that do not meet the regulations will be disposed.
For more detailed information on Air Asia cabin baggage rules:
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » November 1, 2017, 3:29 pm

Jimbo, I completely agree with you about Air Asia. They check Carry-on bags for the 7kg limit frequently. If they could figure out to charge you for the air you breath, they would. They are so tight the squeak when they walk. Secondly, as you mentioned it's 100 ml per liquid bottle not 50 ml as earlier stated.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » November 1, 2017, 3:55 pm

Thanks for that link Jimbo it seems to answer all my worries, never found that in my searching the Air Asia site .
Thanks to every one else that replied also.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 1, 2017, 4:33 pm

trubrit wrote:
November 1, 2017, 3:55 pm
Thanks for that link Jimbo it seems to answer all my worries, never found that in my searching the Air Asia site .
Thanks to every one else that replied also.
I didn't have any problems

http://bfy.tw/EmuT

This link pointed to the page under

https://www.airasia.com/la/en/baggage-i ... ggage.page
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 2, 2017, 9:51 am

Yes, buying some travel size stuff and bunging it in a ziplok plastic bag works all over the world... and on AA outta Udon!

Check Big C and Tesco-Lotus for the travel-size bottles and tubes in the soaps, shampoos, ungents and pastes aisles.

Have a safe trip.

Return to “Travel & Transport”