Car batteries

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Car batteries

Post by Marcosteffano » October 29, 2017, 4:50 am

I've had a Isuzu dmax 3,000cc for approximately 6 years and today I had my 3rd replacement,1st one cost me 5,000b plus another 500baht to fit it.yes I know I paid too much but I was broke down in Phuket.then the second one was 5,000b next door to the main Tesco.today I sent the mrs on a mission in nong wua so to get it sorted.man came around fitted a sealed duty free battery 2,800b and a 300b reduction for the scrap one.total 2,500baht.so for information purposes if you get in your car and the battery is playing up and your alternator light isn't showing,drive down to nong wua so lights,do a u-turn heading back to the city and it's about 1-1,1/2 kilo on the left.in my experience here if a battery starts playing up it will only be a day or 2 before it dies on you and there's no chance of putting any life back into it with a charger.

macca46
udonmap.com

Re: Car batteries

Post by macca46 » October 29, 2017, 10:30 am

I have just recently had a similar experience Toyota Bravo 2.5 Turbo Diesel nearly four year old I new it was on its last legs eventually TW took it a large battery re-seller near the Uni. 2800 B less 500 B less for scrap paid 2300 B for a Panasonic which is supposed to an ok brand, only one year guarantee though.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » October 30, 2017, 3:48 am

In my opinion getting the last mile of use or buying from lowest bidder for car tires, batteries or windshield wipers is false economy. For peace of mind and safety I renew tires when half warn, purchase the next to highest priced battery and replace good quality wipers after two years use. Choice will of course vary with different situations.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » October 30, 2017, 12:52 pm

TJ wrote:
October 30, 2017, 3:48 am
In my opinion getting the last mile of use or buying from lowest bidder for car tires, batteries or windshield wipers is false economy. For peace of mind and safety I renew tires when half warn, purchase the next to highest priced battery and replace good quality wipers after two years use. Choice will of course vary with different situations.
Last 2 batteries gave me 2 years use each and they were expensive.so if this cheap one lasts a year + I'll be happy.buying a battery out here is just lucky dip.just going in a shop and saying give me the most expensive set of tyres don't say they will be the safest.yes everyone has a different situation and mine is if it ain't broke don't fix it unless it's a case of prevention is better than a cure or reasons of safety.most tyres have a tyre tread bar that tells you when the tyre should be changed and that can be as low as 1.6mm.throwing away tyres with 4- 5mm is just a waste of money and environmently unfriendly.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » January 14, 2018, 11:27 am

here is a website about battery prices
http://www.mpbatterydelivery.com/index. ... 5%E0%B9%8C
and do not forget ,you also get money back from returning your broken battery (200-500 baht)...as info... ;)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 14, 2018, 12:01 pm

Batteries here are very short life span ...... however, if you remember to keep topping it up. it will last considerably longer.

Took me about 5 years and 3 batteries before I realised that in Thailand, even when you take the motor back to the dealer for a service they will very rarely look at the battery.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 20, 2018, 3:50 pm

When I get my 2015 Isuzu serviced, they always do a battery profile and top the battery up. There is a charge, 10 baht.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » January 20, 2018, 6:14 pm

easy way to check a battery ,if you have some tools.. , first thing you need is a bat charger to charge your battery full , after this connect a multi meter with the battery what should indicate 12-13.5 V,open all big lights and start the car with the multi meter connected , the meter should not go lower than 10V (start capacity) , if you have a non free maintenance battery (you can add distilled water if needed) you can check every cell with a simple hydrometer (140baht) to be sure , we just have had some bat problems with our car and after recharge only start capacity of 8.4V and hydrometer levels average but all cells even level ,so i replaced the battery by a new one (GS mfx50L,1 year warranty) bought at the gs shop on the road to sakhon , past bigc take the first u turn (before thaisiri market ) ,shop 20m at left side ,full GS advertising in front , nice guy , good price 1.500 baht , returning the old bat (4 years old), stopped before at other shops , was 1.600,1.700 same bat ,1.550 3K bat ...he also sells mb batteries ,5-6-7Ah , 400-500 and 600 baht,and motor oils ...as info ... ;)

Return to “Travel & Transport”