BKK Airport did not fair too well

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
dingdong
udonmap.com

BKK Airport did not fair too well

Post by dingdong » August 27, 2017, 9:05 am

SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT, BANGKOK
AirHelp rated this airport the 9th worst in the world. Reviews have pointed out that the interior is dark and gloomy and the unwelcoming atmosphere is only exacerbated by the unfriendly staff. The security checks are poorly organized which mean that while some staff are sitting idly behind desks, others have hour long queues to deal with. To quote one disgruntled passenger who posted on Airline Quality - "passenger flow is a mess".

Maybe with the new expansion things will get better

wazza
udonmap.com

Re: BKK Airport did not fair too well

Post by wazza » August 27, 2017, 11:43 am

All fur coat and no knickers,

KingPower still rule there, despite court action

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » August 27, 2017, 2:47 pm

And I wonder how much further down that list Don Muang would now fare!? (over full lounges on the lower level and passengers being bused to planes, (when I last used it)).

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » August 27, 2017, 5:01 pm

I went through swampy a few years ago ,start Udonthani ,,, DONMUANG ,,,swampy ,,,,Abudabi ,,, manchester uk , twas raining At Udonthani ,i was on crutches /crushed ankle ,they wheeled me to the plane ( umbrella over head ) 3 Thai men behind me ( to make sure i didn't fall ) up the steps onto plane ,wheel chair ready at DMk , ,taxi supplied to Swampy , ( wnker taxi driver dropped me 4 lanes out ) so with trolley ,crutches, bags and all , i eventually launched my self into the traffic ,then the airport attendants saw me , it was pure bliss from there , taken care off , someone in attendance at all times , straight through passport control(no waiting at check in ) onto dutyfree etc beer , included , wheeled to flight , and away , service was great , Arrival Abudabi , last off plane but special treatment , this one big Persian man picked me and the wheelchair up , to get me onto the concourse ,someone with me all the time great service, MANCHESTER (i'm in my home country now ) what a pile of nonsense , no wheelchairs , crutches i started off but it's a long way along those legs at Manchester , finally they turned up with chairs ( but not enough so i was told to wait ) eventually i was wheeled the rest of the way through passport control to baggage collection ( by this time there are now 5 of us in wheelchairs as we picked up the rest in Abudabi , ) on getting their baggage the Indians lept up and off they went carrying their bags ,the lady who was wheeling me said they do this all the time but there's nothing they can do , The return journey was not as bad at Manchester , so in conclusion SWampy & Abudabi out passed any treatment i got in my home country ,

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 27, 2017, 5:32 pm

arjay wrote:
August 27, 2017, 2:47 pm
And I wonder how much further down that list Don Muang would now fare!? (over full lounges on the lower level and passengers being bused to planes, (when I last used it)).
Richard, I Used DMK Last Wednesday for A Quick In & out Same Day,Found Terminal 2 Very Nice & Clean although it was VERY Busy..... :shock: :shock: So Lounges very Overcrowded,& Yeah I Was BUSED Out to the aircraft which I Agree is not perfect but it's the ONLY Way when it was parked about a mile from the gate.....

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 27, 2017, 7:15 pm

Don muang is a redundant airport to support overflows and budget airlines.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » August 27, 2017, 8:05 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
August 27, 2017, 5:01 pm
so in conclusion SWampy & Abudabi out passed any treatment i got in my home country ,
Apparently four UK airports were rated worse than swampy.-
Here are the 10 worst airports in the world, according to the survey and their rankings:
Kuwait 5.02
London Gatwick 5.38
Manchester 5.43
Newark Liberty, New Jersey, USA 5.92
Stansted 6.07
Edinburgh 6.10
Mumbai, India 6.21
Dubai, UAE 6.24
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi, Thailand 6.30
Delhi, India 6.3
http://www.domesticflightsthailand.com/ ... 170614.php
UFF DA!