Udon Airport - price for secure parking

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Somchai499
udonmap.com

Udon Airport - price for secure parking

Post by Somchai499 » September 26, 2016, 3:41 pm

I plan to travel to BKK soon and consider leaving either my car or motorbike in the secure parking at Udon airport (with the guys chaining vehicles).

Does anybody know the daily charges for the respective vehicles?

Or would you leave your vehicle in the regular car park, given we will only be away for 36 hours?

Many thanks!

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Airport - price for secure parking

Post by Marcosteffano » September 26, 2016, 4:10 pm

I've left my car for up to 5 days on the exit road,the far side of the car park.no problem.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » September 26, 2016, 7:15 pm

Somchai499 wrote:I plan to travel to BKK soon and consider leaving either my car or motorbike in the secure parking at Udon airport (with the guys chaining vehicles).

Does anybody know the daily charges for the respective vehicles?

Or would you leave your vehicle in the regular car park, given we will only be away for 36 hours?

Many thanks!
Its a 100 bht per day in the secure parking area for a car dont know for m/c.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » September 27, 2016, 7:44 am

For 36 hours you should be okay to leave it in the regular parking area as long as you don't park in the short term area, (one hour limit, I think). The safe bet would be the secured area, but the last couple of times I was there it was also filled. Parking is a real problem these days at the airport. You will probably have to wait a while for a space to open up in the regular parking area. I have had fairly good luck finding an open space in the lot all the way to the back, opposite the new terminal building. Good luck.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 27, 2016, 9:00 am

As I've commented before I am amazed that AOT doesn't contract out secure parking with the stipulation that the lot must be a bit away from the terminals, concreted and guarded.. Somebody could make some really good money if a 200-300 car long term lot was available...
Dave

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » September 27, 2016, 12:31 pm

How long before every car park is chargeable in Udon. UK airports cost a small fortune as do hospitals, can only be a matter of time before some savvy local realises how much is to be made.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 27, 2016, 1:56 pm

never found free airport parking of any stripe in the States.. Unless... you were there below their minimum time limits.. If they actually had organized secure parking I don't have a problem paying... In Thailand since the average Somchai won't pay for regular parking I don't expect the "regular" parking would ever be charged parking.. I can see the "regular day" lots becoming flagged as "no long term parking" to push folks into the secure parking area (if they ever are built in adequate numbers/size). However, long term parking that is guarded and secure? I don't have any issues and again don't understand why AOT hasn't aggressively contracted it out..
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 27, 2016, 2:44 pm

Pay for parking is coming. Part of the contract with PTT. Enjoy "free" while you can.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » September 27, 2016, 3:25 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:As I've commented before I am amazed that AOT doesn't contract out secure parking with the stipulation that the lot must be a bit away from the terminals, concreted and guarded.. Somebody could make some really good money if a 200-300 car long term lot was available...
There is . Its on the west side ring road ,about 3/4 mile from the traffic lights to NBLP. 100BHT A DAY . Mini bus to /from depo. Cant miss it ,big orange roof building.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 27, 2016, 5:09 pm

yes, I've seen that advertised and it seems like a private venture.. There's plenty of available space within 500 meters of the terminal if only it would be developed.. Perhaps another case of bureaucratic constipation?
Dave

Return to “Travel & Transport”