Nok Air to cancel more flights until March 10

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 26, 2016, 7:24 am

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/152443

it is probably prudent to select another carrier than Nok at the moment..
Nok Air has informed the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand that it will cancel an average of 10 flights day until March 10 and will transfer its passengers to its allied airlines, said Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisit today (Thursday).

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » February 26, 2016, 2:12 pm

BobHelm wrote:http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/152443

it is probably prudent to select another carrier than Nok at the moment..
Nok Air has informed the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand that it will cancel an average of 10 flights day until March 10 and will transfer its passengers to its allied airlines, said Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisit today (Thursday).
I've booked a flight 12 March to Don Mueang. They "say" normal scheduling will resume after 10 March. I wonder if it's worth going through the hassle I'm sure to encounter to change carriers at this point. As long as I get to Bangkok on Saturday I'm fine, as my flight to America is not until Sunday.
Every day I wake up is a good day.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 26, 2016, 2:15 pm

FWIWD: A friend who works at the Air Asia counter in Udon says Nok Air is buying tickets on Air Asia for inconvenienced passengers (flights cancelled) at the full fare......not the normal discount-airline fare. Ouch!

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » February 26, 2016, 3:00 pm

I flew On Nok Air to Bangkok on Wednesday and returned yesterday. My bookings were cancelled 3 times and I had to reschedule. My Wednesday flight was operated by Viet Jet, my seat reservation was changed at the gate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Ia1fLc8hw

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » March 4, 2016, 12:12 pm

Dear Valued Passenger,

I am Patee Sarasin, and I’m the CEO here at Nok Air. I am writing this as I would like to apologize to all of you – each and every one of our passengers - due to an unexpected pilots strike and the flight cancellations on Sunday, 14 February 2016.

We have been working on several issues in our organization as the airline plans future cooperation with European partner airlines, and that requires Nok Air to upgrade its standards to the higher levels of EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency). As a result, certain pilots did not accept the changes involved, and went on strike to express their discontent, which affected our passengers, and was followed by additional pilot resignations, causing a pilot shortfall, and more flight cancellations.

We are now well along with rearranging our internal structures, as we aim to put new pilots in place, and fully re-assign our current pilots. The customer teams are continuously reaching out and contacting passengers to inform them of any flight changes, and they are working out flight arrangements prior to passengers travel dates, under the regulations of the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA).

We here at Nok Air want reaffirm to you, our passengers, our steadfast commitment to pursuing true service excellence, as we adhere to the highest of international standards, and the best possible business practices,, while constantly aiming to improve, and continue be a true Thai airline.

Once again, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused, and truly thank you for your understanding and continued support of Nok Air.

Sincerely,

Patee Sarasin
Chief Executive Officer
Nok Airlines Public Company Limited

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 4, 2016, 12:23 pm

With the original post about problems with NOK it enabled my GF to choose another airline and travel to bkk and return same day with out a hitch,

Lion Air were the pick and great, they have a reasonably early morning flight. Unlike others.

NOK seem to be missing the boat and appear to be waiting for pilots to finish their course?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 5, 2016, 8:38 am

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.ph ... 1457079752
Nok Air Dives Further With 61 Flights Abruptly Canceled
BANGKOK — Despite assurances Nok Air’s downward course has been corrected from its CEO who recently unloaded millions of shares in the ailing airline, it sank further today with another 61 flights canceled.

The budget carrier issued letters of apology Friday signed by its CEO to passengers previously left stranded as another 61 flights were canceled, according to flight information from Don Mueang Airport.

Twenty-seven arrivals and 34 departure flights were canceled at the airport.

In his letter to affected passengers, CEO Patee Sarasin said the strike which disrupted the flights last month was an internal problem that came from the company’s effort to upgrade its standards to comply with European Aviation Safety Agency, or EASA. Patee said it would never happen again.

Further trying to tamp down speculation the airline is imploding, Patee also issued a news release Friday indicating the airline has recruited new pilots to address its critical shortage. He insisted all passengers will be compensated.

Nok launched with high expectations for investors in 2013 but its share prices soon fell off in value. They are currently trading down slightly at 6.95 baht.

On Jan. 21, Patee reportedly sold 6 million shares of NOK when it hit 7.62 baht. No word of any investigation into the transaction has been announced.

Patee’s handling of the crisis has been uneven. He was unavailable Feb. 14 when the original crisis left hundreds of passengers stranded, saying he’d been on a Valentine’s Day trip with his wife. He then said he would not answer questions for a number of days thereafter before blaming the airline’s poor performance on astrological misfortune.
Well in their defence I guess it is not yet the 10th. March. :D
I would certainly be using one of their competitors until the dust had settled though.
If the piece highlighted in red is true then that would not give me a great deal of confidence that he will manage to turn this around.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 5, 2016, 10:04 am

Interesting......scary.....article, Bob. I prefer to put my fortune in the hands of someone who believes in safe business practices......not in the palm of a fortune teller.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » March 7, 2016, 9:28 am

I also received the email letter from the CEO.

Has anyone heard any more developments on flights being cancelled or changed? I have some flights previously booked with Nok, coming up soon. :?

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 7, 2016, 12:13 pm

17 Pilots Said to Quit Nok Air as More Flights Canceled

BANGKOK — Troubles continue piling up for Nok Air with reports that 17 pilots have left the airline.
A day after initially denying reports 17 pilots had resigned, Nok CEO Patee Sarasin reversed himself at the end of last week to confirm a number of pilots had quit but declined to state how many.
As the airline struggles to keep its planes in the air and is forced to cancel flights, Patee dismissed the resignations as normal. :-s
“In the past 12 years, Nok Air has had staff leave and sign up in every position. I believe other airlines must have experienced the same thing,” Patee said. “But for Nok Air, our incident is connected to the pilot strike on Feb. 14, of which we have been trying our best to fix the problem.”
Patee also apologized and promised the airline’s operations would return to normal by the end of this month.
Just today Nok Air canceled four flights between Bangkok and Chiang Mai, according to the director of the Civil Aviation Authority, flights which will instead be serviced by NokScoot, a joint venture between Nok Air and Singapore’s Scoot airlines.
Chula said passengers on canceled flights will either receive refunds, a replacement flight or transportation by other means.
On Feb. 14, nine flights were canceled which left over 1,500 passengers stranded. One pilot was fired while two other were suspended.

But,not to worry,as they have a flight promotion starting today.....
Nok Air promotion.jpg
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » March 7, 2016, 6:42 pm

Thank you Zidane. Doesn't sound too good.

mak
udonmap.com

Re: Nok Air to cancel more flights until March 10

Post by mak » September 21, 2016, 7:34 am

How is Nok Air doing since the pilots' incident? Is it back to normal?

Zidane
udonmap.com

Re: Nok Air to cancel more flights until March 10

Post by Zidane » September 21, 2016, 8:27 am

Seem to be mak,7 return flights to Bangkok daily from Udon,also 2 return flights Udon-Chiang Mai each day.
We used them a few months ago as kids under the age of 2 fly for free,so we can take our 1 year old granddaughter with us.
They are not bad...not great....but not bad.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Return to “Travel & Transport”